nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

VIP Sports.EU

Anyone hear the most recent news on this place? A player has a wager canceled because the betting software allowed him to make a bet above his regular limits.
    When the management contacted the player here is what they wrote..

"Your wager on the hockey wager was canceled. It exceeded our hockey limits for your account level. Also this game was a steam play and if you are here to bet those wagers your account will be closed. Management"

I love the second part of this note though. "Also,.. this game was a steam play".. "If your here to bet those wagers your account will be closed"..

WTF Is this this?? If its on the board I can bet whatever the hell I want!!..
    If the bet is accepted at however much it is..It should be a good wager..
    If I realized after I placed a bet I bet too much..as a player I cant go back and cancel a wager after its been placed.. So why can this cheating book?.
    Also... If a line is listed at a book..and I want that line..Im placing my bet..I dont give a damn whether its steamed/juiced/or cracked out.. If the line is listed..I can bet into it!!

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you 100%. A book puts up a line, which is an invitation to place a bet, and then whines when you do exactly as you are supposed to do! However, the way things work in today's climate, books (especially smaller books) will limit or boot players quickly when they see that the players are betting on lines that are moving ( called a steam play ). The book wants to safeguard itself against getting caught with a bad number --- it has determined that it is not making any juice, or even losing juice, on the bets of a player that bets steam. So the risk-management department boots you to prevent you from constantly picking numbers like +120 when that team will be +100 in another minute. However, when I bet steam, half the time the book I bet it at gets a better number after the lines calm down. So, it seems to me that the books should just ignore steam bets -- sometimes they will "get caught", and sometimes they will actually get better numbers cause of the steam.

BranchDavidian

I suppose these books that threaten steam players should just take down lines that are steaming. That would be a much better practice than putting up lines ( which is asking for bets ) and later telling players that if they picked the "wrong" side of the lines that were advertised, they will get their accounts locked.

BranchDavidian

Ya know, the more I think about this the madder I get. What this amounts to is the book putting up lines and then telling the player who he can and cannot bet on!

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    Ya know, the more I think about this the madder I get. What this amounts to is the book putting up lines and then telling the player who he can and cannot bet on!

Exactly!! Terrible service.. BAD BUSINESS!!