Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Also I'm going to personally guarantee that the Chicago Bulls don't win a championship for the next two years.

Understand basketball. The NBA is about Dynasties.

Goat Milk

ZR,

My main reason in my writeups why the Bulls would lose the series to the Heat- note that I bolded and underlined these parts- was that at the end of games, Rose and Deng are going to be so tired (Deng from having to chase around Lebron for 4 quarters), that they will lose the elevation in their legs, leading to missed shots when it matters at the end of games. Adding J rich or affalo gives them a much better chance. But you have to understand how bad (aside from 4th quarters) miami played against the Bulls.

Dwayne Wade was not to be found because the Bulls made them play 1 on 1 ball. The Heat are getting better as a duo, moving without the ball is key.

It doesn't matter what's a public play bro. Vegas doesn't control NBA championship. The Lakers won 3 straight as heavy public favs and so did the Bulls twice

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course there not going to win with the current roster, I'm just telling you they had a legitimate shot to win every game against the heat and that's with 1 guy who can score. Your over valuing Miami. I'm sure you had them against Dallas as well.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Of course there not going to win with the current roster, I'm just telling you they had a legitimate shot to win every game against the heat and that's with 1 guy who can score. Your over valuing Miami. I'm sure you had them against Dallas as well.
    I'm just calling it how it is. If Dwight goes to LA or Paul goes to New York, I will reevaluate things. I think people still don't understand that Miami has 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA on one team, now with 1 full season under their belt to figure things out. Note that a combination like this has never really existed in NBA history. The closest was when Shaq and Bryant were together (Bryant was getting there, but not quite)- when they won 3 straight.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

hard to not take the heat serious this year. short season will benefit them. safest bet on the board. they will most likely a few other veterans and big men to their team as well

Goat Milk

The Bulls need to get Affallo and a player like Jamal Crawford to be a contender. They need a guy that could drop 30 or even 40 if he gets hot. They don't have anyone like that and picking up another defensive 2 guard like Affalo isn't going to take them to the championship. They are missing 2 pieces at minimum.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I'm just calling it how it is. If Dwight goes to LA or Paul goes to New York, I will reevaluate things. I think people still don't understand that Miami has 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA on one team, now with 1 full season under their belt to figure things out. Note that a combination like this has never really existed in NBA history. The closest was when Shaq and Bryant were together (Bryant was getting there, but not quite)- when they won 3 straight.
    Well theres obviously no arguing that there the best team, but they can be beaten. That was shown in the playoffs last year, shoot even Philly was beating them for 3 quarters in every game I can remember in the first round. Kobe and Shaq were significantly better, come on now. They were unstoppable in the post season, having two wing players doesn't touch that. I'm just saying, give me Kobe, Howard and pau any day of the week. I don't think Miami would win 2 games against that unless they add a legitimate big man.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The Bulls need to get Affallo and a player like Jamal Crawford to be a contender. They need a guy that could drop 30 or even 40 if he gets hot. They don't have anyone like that and picking up another defensive 2 guard like Affalo isn't going to take them to the championship. They are missing 2 pieces at minimum.
    If boozer shows up this year in the playoffs it will help, but he just can't matchup to bosh. Richardson would be the best to add I think because he doesn't need the ball in his hands like Crawford does.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Well theres obviously no arguing that there the best team, but they can be beaten. That was shown in the playoffs last year, shoot even Philly was beating them for 3 quarters in every game I can remember in the first round. Kobe and Shaq were significantly better, come on now. They were unstoppable in the post season, having two wing players doesn't touch that. I'm just saying, give me Kobe, Howard and pau any day of the week. I don't think Miami would win 2 games against that unless they add a legitimate big man.
    I agree bro. Kobe Howard and Pau, I don't see them being stopped. We are not talking about two ordinary wing men. Lebron and Wade are both retiring as two of the greatest 15 players in NBA history when their careers are over. We are not talking about Scottie Pippen's. These guys are right in that tier between Jordan and Pippen, right near Bryant.

Philly was blown out in at least 1 game in that series. And the 4th quarter is part of the game. Why do you think teams are so thrashed in the 4th after playing the Heat? You have to chase Wade and Lebron around for 3 quarters.

The Dallas Mavs played perfect basketball in the NBA finals. Dirk was a monster. He hit every shot down the stretch. You have to think that Miami was about 4 minutes away from going up 2-0 in that series. Lebron averaged about 17 points per game in that finals series. Will that happen again to arguably one of the best player in the world? Good luck if you think so. We have to remember this is still a young man. He's only becoming more mature and stronger mentally.

While the Heat could play significantly better than they did in the finals, the Mavs couldn't have played any better, considering their age and the talents of their team (mostly jump shooters). I think Caron Butler coming back this year will add a huge dimension to Dallas that they were fortunate enough to win without last year.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Am I the only person that likes Paul, Melo, Amare more than Wade, LBJ, Bosh? Paul, Melo, and Amare all play very different positions, and Melo and Amare will feed off of Paul's distributing. Whereas in Miami LBJ and Wade are pretty much the same type of players, and both need the ball to be effective.

zsr

Yea your definitely right dallas couldn't have played better, dirk played out of his mind. There's also no arguing with the fact that Lebron and wade are top 15, maybe 10? All time. But Lebron does some strange things and is impossible to figure out, I have no clue what he was doing in the finals, and that's what he did when he quit against Boston too. If they both dial it up I think they probably roll through the east again but the finals matchup will be interesting.

Even if the lakers don't get Howard, maybe artest returns to his defensive player of the year form, pau shows up, Bynum stays healthy I still think they would have a good chance. I agree with you though everything depends on the trade market, even Paul to Boston for just this year would make them contenders again I think. Then you always have the thunder, durant can be unstoppable when he wants but there probably two pieces away as well. It will be fun to watch either way.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Am I the only person that likes Paul, Melo, Amare more than Wade, LBJ, Bosh? Paul, Melo, and Amare all play very different positions, and Melo and Amare will feed off of Paul's distributing. Whereas in Miami LBJ and Wade are pretty much the same type of players, and both need the ball to be effective.
    Yea I would take Paul, melo, amare too. Paul dishing out to this two guys would be

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Celtics are done, can be said with certainty
    Magic were a joke with Howard. Team has no pedigree. Most dominant big man inside with tiny clowns who only shoot
    Knicks have the opportunity to gel, they won't be ready to contend, but can get a 3 seed
    Bulls shot their wad last year. Ridiculously reliant on Rose. Saw him fall short alone last year. I'd be surprised to see them get 60+ wins again

Hard to see Heat not winning the East. Right now I see -105 Greek. Get +money on that and it is a steal

West it's Lakers, Thunder, Dallas all pretty even pending potential deals

Hate Queen and the team as much as the next guy, but it seems their title to lose for the moment. +235 5D is the best I see

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I like this combination too. The only thing is the Knicks and Mello and Amare are both used to being fast paced teams. Chris Paul is the slowest (tempo) point guard in the NBA bar none. He strictly plays in the half court. I think these guys would be something special but it would take a while for them to gel because of the tempo difference. Also, Paul is used to holding the ball and would have to quickly figure out that you have to give it to mello and just get out of the way on at least 25% of plays. Still, Knicks would definitely be the Heat's main threat out East with that team. Because as of now, the East is going to be a cakewalk for Miami.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Lock Of The Aeon
    Fight fire with fire!
    Lock Of The Aeon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1007

Lakers +550! They will beat Miami in the NBA Finals, and then we will see this.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Put a futures bet on the Lakers now. They will make at least 1 big move improving the team immensely. Get the value and take your chances.. I am.

TheIntegrityKid
    TheIntegrityKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would LOVE to see Bulls/Thunder but right now, I'm thinking Lakers/Heat

FA will change things or perhaps lock them in

First 123