zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

thats what happens when 49ers offense and Alex Smith face a real team/defense.

looked like the 49er offense of the past 3-4 years. not saying they aren't a good football team cause they are....but right now they just know how to win against the teams the supposed to beat. they aren't elite or top 5 team in league. will be bounced in the playoffs first round.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

We didn't learn anything we didn't know already. Niners are above average D, but the Ravens at home is the #1 defense in the league. OffeNse? Do i need to start even? Enough said.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

wtf???

did you think that anyone considered them a superbowl contender? no, so your point is moot

they are a good team, they are as good as they are supposed to be, they can beat most teams in the league

all they need is to keep working hard, and if they can add a couple of good pieces on offense they can take it to the next level

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

They were supposed to lose today.
    Refs did a 10 point swing, they lost by 10.
    Baltimore does not lose at home very often.

They are a top 5 team according to Vegas so that's the only opinion that matters.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Cowboys beat them in San Fran.

I think its pretty clear the Niners want no part of Dallas come playoff time.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    They were supposed to lose today.
    Refs did a 10 point swing, they lost by 10.
    Baltimore does not lose at home very often.

They are a top 5 team according to Vegas so that's the only opinion that matters.
    What kind of a team record are you expecting as a Niners fan?

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    looked like the 49er offense of the past 3-4 years. not saying they aren't a good football team cause they are....but right now they just know how to win against the teams the supposed to beat. they aren't elite or top 5 team in league. will be bounced in the playoffs first round.

Yep. To this point, the 49ers had played the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Two legit games on their 10 game schedule to this point (Bengals/Lions) and neither of those teams is great either.

The 49ers were humiliated tonight, 10 sacks allowed, to a defense who was missing their defensive leader.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Cowboys beat them in San Fran.

I think its pretty clear the Niners want no part of Dallas come playoff time.
    Neither San Fran or Dallas are in the top 3 in the NFC as far as super bowl hopes are concerned though. So you guys have that in common.

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are funny... this game was decided by a few a costly penalties and ineffective offensive line play. Niners are not elite but they held Baltimore to 16 at baltimore on a short week traveling east. Bring Baltimore to San Fran in those conditions and it might be a reversed outcome. They are a good team figuring out their future.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

So what happened to BAL when hey played SEA and JAX...this is what happens when you meet...???

SF is who we thought they were a good defensive team that is lacking on the offensive side that played a really good defense. So if that 75yd TD doesn't get called back what's the headline. There's nothing new here and all these threads make no sense. Lots of SF hate, but I don't know how many BAL/Flaco sucks threads I've seen. This is definitely a what have you done for me lately league.

Martin42
    Martin42's Avatar Become A Pro!

The packers have had the easiest schedule up to today . Niners are 23 pretty sure it goes up after today . Do some research before you post they have had the easiest schedule .

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    will be bounced in the playoffs first round.

Son, this is a good Niners team. Solid all around just a bad QB. Like Smack I put my left jewel that they meet Green Bay in the NFC championship. You can bank on it. Their offense is very simple. Ground game mix with short simple out and shallow crossing along with backs coming out of the backfield. Easy to stop but from time to time will gain yardage. Low scoring game but productive. Great kicker in Ackers. Green Bay will be just too much for them. Too many weapons and play makers on defense.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

If either the 49ers or the Dolphins can draft Matt Barkley this off season they will be in good shape for the future.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    good point any niner fans should be happy as hell they won this many games with inferior talent,,only man worth talking bout his gore,smith hasnt even had a decent year since he got in league so everyone gets lucky once in a while and what happened to their recievers,,oh yeah thats right,they dont have any

k13

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    13-3, 12-4 realistically

k13

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Neither San Fran or Dallas are in the top 3 in the NFC as far as super bowl hopes are concerned though. So you guys have that in common.
    Let me guess.....Bears are top 3 in the NFC....

k13

Are Seattle, Jax and Tennessee contenders now?

Are Steelers, Hoston bottom of the barrel?

Pointless to make conclusions from meaningless games which are mostly predetermined before the game even starts.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    Son, this is a good Niners team. Solid all around just a bad QB. Like Smack I put my left jewel that they meet Green Bay in the NFC championship. You can bank on it. Their offense is very simple. Ground game mix with short simple out and shallow crossing along with backs coming out of the backfield. Easy to stop but from time to time will gain yardage. Low scoring game but productive. Great kicker in Ackers. Green Bay will be just too much for them. Too many weapons and play makers on defense.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Wouldn't you think steelers have a good Defense?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Wouldn't you think steelers have a good Defense?
    Yes, but big Ben gave them 4 extra possessions and their defense gave them great feild position all game. They realistically should have only put up 16 points if not for that late phantom leaping penalty on the last akers fg... Either way.. I am not impressed with 20 points with all things considered

k13

Notice Bears fans are so quiet now.

dlunc3

Lol that's true... And btw I do think sf can win in the first round... I think beating gb or no may be a tough task tho

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There are no elite defenses in NFL

Guys wide open all the time, worst defenses in NFL history this year

dlunc3

It is partially.bc of the NFL rule changes...bc of them, I.don't think a team without an elite qb can won the sb

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say not allowing a rushing td at all this season and only like 5 20+ yard runs is elite. Not to mention the turnovers and the points they take off the board.

That is impressive in a league where u cant touch the wide receiver.

dlunc3

That is impressive, but no.and gb don't need to run the ball to be successful

Ninersnut

Ture GB and NO cant stop anyone either.....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    It is partially.bc of the NFL rule changes...bc of them, I.don't think a team without an elite qb can won the sb
    Can the 49ers beat the Lions in the playoffs? I think it's pretty clear that the 49ers will get exposed by a pass-first team. I'd say they can easily handle a team like the Giants.

Ninersnut

Didn't they beat the Lions?? What makes the Niners successful on D is they don't need to bring extra pressure. The front gets it done. Willis and Bowman are quick sideline to sideline. The secondary is suspect but have being playing way over their ability.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Yes, but big Ben gave them 4 extra possessions and their defense gave them great feild position all game. They realistically should have only put up 16 points if not for that late phantom leaping penalty on the last akers fg... Either way.. I am not impressed with 20 points with all things considered
    this.

but I will give Harbaugh a ton of credit..he is executing play calls so perfectly and really making calls that fit to Smiths game really well. very simple stuff but effective.

but sound, disciplined ..keep everything in front of defenses , are going to give the Niners a ton of trouble come play off time.

I'm not really saying they are pretenders..I just dont think they are capable of getting to the SB or any of that talk.
    Last edited by zoo youk; 12-21-11 at 03:01 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    Didn't they beat the Lions?? What makes the Niners successful on D is they don't need to bring extra pressure. The front gets it done. Willis and Bowman are quick sideline to sideline. The secondary is suspect but have being playing way over their ability.
    yeah they beat them on a last play of the game 4th and goal. they were down 4 points i believe. i don't really take anything out of a game like that in the reg. season. The front is no doubt the best in football up there with the ravens. but their secondary is really not that good.

against the steelers mike wallace was flying by cornerbacks. big ben was just holding the ball too long as usual. i think a quick release qb like brees or stafford has a good chance to beat the 49ers in the playoffs. i think the lions front 4 when everyone is playing and healthy (and fairly is in there) is the best d line in football.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

^^ niners beat the lions by 6

zoo youk

what a ******* great pick Aldon Smith was. hes gonna break Jevon Kearses record.

or he might have already have.