doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Urban Meyer Agrees To 7 Year Deal With Ohio St.

7 years 40 Million deal to become the next head coach of the Buckeyes. I guess 40 million makes that heart feel better real quick.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...-report-112211

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good job Ohio St

They will be back on top SOON

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I hate Ohio State and I hate fake family-men. I hope the NCAA sanctions the shit out of 'em for the Pryor thing (but they won't)...

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

If he couldn't take the stress of coaching Florida, he'll find out soon enough that Ohio State is twice as bad. He'll be dead before he lasts seven years in that job.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    I hate Ohio State and I hate fake family-men. I hope the NCAA sanctions the shit out of 'em for the Pryor thing (but they won't)...
    ya thankfully, why the fuk would they. Only a retard would support the ncaa sanctions on OSU, especially with what happen with bush, newton and penn st who lost all control. OSU kids sold their OWN property, not even comparable to what bush and newton did.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

$40 million is alot of cash...but Ohio State still faces sanctions from the NCAA...not sure how bad that might effect the Buckeyes, but Urban's a brand name that will be able to get some recruits anyway. Something tells me there is going to be some twists and turns before this is over with.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Did Florida have to pay him anything left on his contract when he retired?

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    What do you want to happen over some tattoos and players selling their own personal items for some cash? They already forfeited 2010, fired their legendary coach, lost their QB, and gave up scholarships... what more should happen ? and then, wtf would you want done to Penn St ??

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    What do you want to happen over some tattoos and players selling their own personal items for some cash? They already forfeited 2010, fired their legendary coach, lost their QB, and gave up scholarships... what more should happen ? and then, wtf would you want done to Penn St ??
    God forbid the players make a buck off themselves while they're pimped out in video games, have their jersey numbers sold & help a program reel in millions of sponsorship/TV money.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

So let me get this straight. Ur country is supposedly broke beyond help yet u can find 40 million for a college coach?? Good to see that priorities are in order....Unreal..

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    So let me get this straight. Ur country is supposedly broke beyond help yet u can find 40 million for a college coach?? Good to see that priorities are in order....Unreal..

Ohio States Alumni pocketbook has nothing to do with the federal governments budget.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

You guys don't understand. I support players getting paid and I think the NCAA is a corrupt POS. It's just that my hatred for OSU runs deep and is quasi-irrational.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

this seems like a calculated maneuver by urban meyer. he used pete carroll's strategy of getting out when the getting out was good.

then riding that success of tebow to a traditional powerhouse school after their collapse.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Where does it say he accepted the deal?