wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Made a decent sized bet on bears +3.5 this week and need help

I didnt realize that Cutler would be out this game and I POUNCED on the opportunity to get DA BEARS at +3.5. Hugeee mistake, or is it? Do you guys know about this guy Caleb Hanie? Can he scramble like cutler and make some laser passes? How good is he. Will he be able to handle the whole damn D-line of Oakland? How was he in college under pressure? Help a felllow brother out. I current have the Bears +3.5 and want to know if I should hedge and cut my losses. Thanks in advance.

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

Hanie looked ok in the playoff game last year, you remember the one where cuntler was "injured" and could not go on.
    I'd go with the under on this play though.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

hedge out and eat the juice and just wait to see how he does just to get a feel for what type of game plan the bears are going to run with him

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

you can always bet against the Bears to cancel it out , but you will have to eat the juice.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I don't think the Raiders will win in a blowout or anything it will be a close game probably. Hanie ain't that bad and Palmer aint that good.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I don't think the Raiders will win in a blowout or anything it will be a close game probably. Hanie ain't that bad and Palmer aint that good.
    Stick with the +3.5?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

raiders ml.... they aint losing.
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave crustyme 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Stay with your bet. Mike martz will create a offensive game plan to help Hanie. Hanie is decent and the bears defense will keep them in the game. Hanie will have his chance to make a play towards the end.
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave Trmeyer 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

My friend is a long time bears fan and isnt too excited to see hanie

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

1st ballot hall of famer this hanie guy

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

The bears can run the ball, they play good defense , and have good special teams. Field goal game I think ...Your fine..

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16711

I'm a big proponent of the injured star theory, the first week without Cutler the rest of the team will step it up and Hanie simply needs to protect the football and get the ball to Forte in the flat so he can do his Marshall Faulk impersonation. Bears have the superior D/ST here as well. Keep your bet

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Stick with the +3.5?

Worth a shot unless you went huge on it. I'm surprised this game is not a pick'em. I could see it going either way. Like the other guys said this game will likely be decided by a field goal.

My favorite game on the board Sunday is Panthers -3.5. Colts are horrible, Panthers have talent but they have been playing a brutal schedule. A lot of people think the Colts aren't even trying to win so they can get the #1 pick.

wikkidinsane

Worth a shot unless you went huge on it. I'm surprised this game is not a pick'em. I could see it going either way. Like the other guys said this game will likely be decided by a field goal.

My favorite game on the board Sunday is Panthers -3.5. Colts are horrible, Panthers have talent but they have been playing a brutal schedule. A lot of people think the Colts aren't even trying to win so they can get the #1 pick.
    LOVE THE PANTHERS BET PAL. I have it as my best bet of the week in BEAT THE prick and my biggest bet of the week at my bookie.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

bears opened -1 at pinny on sunday night when pinny already knew that cutler would not play. chicago might be the easiest play of the year here. oak stinks at home and they will not stop the bears run game. also the bears will stop oak run game and palmer will be forced to throw. good luck with that.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I know the Colts are horrible but Carolina is 0-4 (35 ppg) on the road. The Colts are rested and this is their best shot to win a game. The Colts tanked vs New Orleans but the game was over in the 1Q anyway. They tried in the rest but they just aren't scoring and the D is getting worn down. I love Over 44 which I took early. Indy's O-line is getting healthy and Donald Brown goes over 100 with a TD. Cam rallies them late and may steal it but both teams score a bunch. Indy can rush the passer but their secondary is terrible and Carolina's whole D is injured and bad too. Indy 27 Carolina 24

Bears +3.5.....ride it out imo! Oakland should win their division but Palmer can be picked off if they load the box and stop their running game.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Before you go "huge" you should check the injury report.

Gambling 101

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Just hedge and eat the juice, $hit happens.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    I didnt realize that Cutler would be out this game and I POUNCED on the opportunity to get DA BEARS at +3.5. Hugeee mistake, or is it? Do you guys know about this guy Caleb Hanie? Can he scramble like cutler and make some laser passes? How good is he. Will he be able to handle the whole damn D-line of Oakland? How was he in college under pressure? Help a felllow brother out. I current have the Bears +3.5 and want to know if I should hedge and cut my losses. Thanks in advance.

Stay in it. Raiders won't be able to run on the Bears and Palmer floating passes into the Bears' secondary smells INT city to me.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    The bears can run the ball, they play good defense , and have good special teams. Field goal game I think ...Your fine..

^^^^

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

I predict at least 2 big plays from Hester in the return game.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Oakland is a terrible favorite, Bears win SU.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wikki... even if you didn't know about the injury, don't you think the books did ? it's built into the line you received... relax

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    bears opened -1 at pinny on sunday night when pinny already knew that cutler would not play. chicago might be the easiest play of the year here. oak stinks at home and they will not stop the bears run game. also the bears will stop oak run game and palmer will be forced to throw. good luck with that.
    Pretty sure that was before the injury was public. Or, they just missed it. They went offline and came back at +3.5.