Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fade or no play, as usual with your threads.
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave Monte 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wilwin
    wilwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're a Ravens backer, just admit that you're picking them because you flipped a coin. The logic you're using is not good.

Such as:

Niners are going to east coast (yet they haven't loss once on the road this season).
    Alex Smith will turn over the ball (only 4 ints this season, Flacco has twice as many turnovers).
    Niners have had the easiest schedule (Beat 2 playoffs teams and only played 2 division games so far).
    They have no playmakers (the fastest TE in the league, a RB that rushed for 100 yards in 5 straight games)

I don't believe in locks, but I can't bet on Flacco to win the game and on Cam Cameron who has already received complaints this season for his inability to make in-game adjustments.

Romo beat them, Manning came close, Stafford had to throw 50 times. If you think Flacco is on their level, then I guess I'd consider taking the Ravens.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    i hear what u are saying but most of what i say is in response to all the bullshit that is being spewed from most on here..people need to give this team the credit it deserves..there were plenty of people that said they couldnt win in detroit, philly and cincy and that this team would be tested by the giants..we all know how all those games turned out...and i could care less about people telling me they told me so..im not in the 5th grade anymore so things like that dont bother me. thats the problem with this place now..its more of a 'i told u so" and people wanting to blast someone for losing plays here and there..when i first got here it was about people helping others to beat the man..now its one big pissing contest..and i am a homer and proud of it..my team is really good right now and it is exciting..BOL to u...
    All fair enough...I don't blame you for anything you said. Ravens are going to be tough at home...but, Niners match up well with them. Good enough defense to slow down Ray Rice, decent enough secondary to not get hurt by Flacco...conversely, Ravens are in similar situation vs. Niners offense. 49ers are 1st in NFL in run defense, but Ravens are 5th...Ravens are 7th in passing defense, whereas Niners are 23rd. Clearly, this is the biggest difference statistically between these two teams. Niners are +17 turnover margin compared to Ravens +3...big difference there...Flacco should have moderate success, but he'll also throw an INT or 2 to keep this game close.

This is a VERY evenly matched game...Ravens gain more yards per game (15th in NFL compared to Niners 20th)...and they give up less yards per game...(4th to 8th)...

Not to mention, Ravens are playing at home...statistically, if you want "proof in the pudding", the Ravens are better than Niners w/ the exception of turnovers, which do matter though...if the Ravens don't turn it over more than once, they should win...if they turn it over twice or more, they have the defense to stop Niners, and they have offense via new-found Torrey Smith to stretch field to beat the Niners...we'll see what happens...should be close game.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    still 3.5 at pinny and greek. value was at +4.5. didnt sd drop from 4 to 3.5 last week? then back up to -4.5
    Yeah. Once it went to -4.5, it was lights out for San Diego.

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    All fair enough...I don't blame you for anything you said. Ravens are going to be tough at home...but, Niners match up well with them. Good enough defense to slow down Ray Rice, decent enough secondary to not get hurt by Flacco...conversely, Ravens are in similar situation vs. Niners offense. 49ers are 1st in NFL in run defense, but Ravens are 5th...Ravens are 7th in passing defense, whereas Niners are 23rd. Clearly, this is the biggest difference statistically between these two teams. Niners are +17 turnover margin compared to Ravens +3...big difference there...Flacco should have moderate success, but he'll also throw an INT or 2 to keep this game close.

This is a VERY evenly matched game...Ravens gain more yards per game (15th in NFL compared to Niners 20th)...and they give up less yards per game...(4th to 8th)...

Not to mention, Ravens are playing at home...statistically, if you want "proof in the pudding", the Ravens are better than Niners w/ the exception of turnovers, which do matter though...if the Ravens don't turn it over more than once, they should win...if they turn it over twice or more, they have the defense to stop Niners, and they have offense via new-found Torrey Smith to stretch field to beat the Niners...we'll see what happens...should be close game.
    the most important stats are wins and losses my friend and the advantage is there with the niners..the stat with the niners pass defense is accurate but u can give up all the yds in the world but if u arent allowing points it doesnt matter hence the league leading 14.5 points per game and 145 total points allowed(thats 31 less points than the vaunted raven defense)..the proof is in the puddin...should be a great game and i cant wait

k13

Niners have more passing yards allowed because no one wants to run on them and garbage time being behind yards.

They have the 2nd most passing attempts against them so it only makes sense they give more yards.

But if you look at the QB rating overall, it is 74.3 which is #5 overall. Yards per Pass are #8

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Niners have more passing yards allowed because no one wants to run on them and garbage time being behind yards. They have the 2nd most passing attempts against them so it only makes sense they give more yards. But if you look at the QB rating overall, it is 74.3 which is #5 overall. Yards per Pass are #8
    2nd most passing attempts against is a good stat in defense of what I said, I'll give you that...however, to me, all that means is that the Ravens will plan on attacking the pass defense of the Niners...you can expect to see plenty of play action, too...

QB rating overall, I can't say that means a lot when you consider who they've played at QB...Skelton, Beck, McCoy, T. Jackson, Dalton (3rd career start)...I mean, not exactly the NFL elite there...however, Flacco isn't exactly Aaron Rodgers, either...I think Flacco, if you look strictly at stats, should have an average game for him...around 240 yards, TD or two, Int or two...

Teams are quite similar, actually.

k13

2nd most passing attempts against is a good stat in defense of what I said, I'll give you that...however, to me, all that means is that the Ravens will plan on attacking the pass defense of the Niners...you can expect to see plenty of play action, too...

QB rating overall, I can't say that means a lot when you consider who they've played at QB...Skelton, Beck, McCoy, T. Jackson, Dalton (3rd career start)...I mean, not exactly the NFL elite there...however, Flacco isn't exactly Aaron Rodgers, either...I think Flacco, if you look strictly at stats, should have an average game for him...around 240 yards, TD or two, Int or two...

Teams are quite similar, actually.
    Game is basically a pk'em on neutral field so yeah pretty even.

Right now I see the Ravens winning this game.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Game is basically a pk'em on neutral field so yeah pretty even. Right now I see the Ravens winning this game.
    I agree for the most part...again, Niners fans will learn a lot about their team on Thursday...great test to see if they are ready to really truly contend this year.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Here you go, it's not like the 49'ers are at the top of the list of difficult games so far this year.

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/...r-week-10-2011
    Where are the Packers on that list? Where are the Texans? Where are the Saints? Do you still think they're great teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If Ray Lewis is healthy for this game, i'm going to have to pound baltimore. We saw what the ravens have done to rex ryan over the years. Rex Ryan has never beaten Lewis and Reed. They don't allow it. It's the same dance here as their coaches brother comes into their house.

Frank Gore is not 100% and Alex Smith isn't going to beat Baltimore through the air, trust me on that one. SF has a great defense but you have to think that bullying could be a big part of this game, and once the ravens are inside your head, once Smith gets thrown to the ground a couple times and rattled, there is not a crazier team to play against, especially if you are not used to adversity.
    If you think this 49er team is going to get bullied, you're crazy!

I don't know. I don't think Ravens offense will have to do much because the 49ers will turn the ball over in their own endzone probably. Just like the Jets did against the ravens. Flacco had to do nothing, because everyone knows how that show goes when the Ravens are playing Rex Ryan at night. Sanchez first play of the game, fumble for a td.

If we've learned one thing about ravens over the years is that in prime time games, their defense becomes their offense
    Okay, you're crazy.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this 49ers receiving core is a lot more talented than people believe; their TE's are both top notch, Crabtree has great hands and runs routes well, Edwards has the ability to make big plays, and Williams can make plays when needed. Don't think the Ravens can shut down the run and the 49ers will have no options. They're not one-dimensional like some other elite teams.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    Where are the Packers on that list? Where are the Texans? Where are the Saints? Do you still think they're great teams? If you think this 49er team is going to get bullied, you're crazy! Okay, you're crazy. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this 49ers receiving core is a lot more talented than people believe; their TE's are both top notch, Crabtree has great hands and runs routes well, Edwards has the ability to make big plays, and Williams can make plays when needed. Don't think the Ravens can shut down the run and the 49ers will have no options. They're not one-dimensional like some other elite teams.
    The 49ers are not an elite team. I'm not going to argue about this. They won 6 games a year ago. Teams that do that are not elite. The 49ers were down 23-3 against the Eagles before the eagles choked in the 4th quarter like always. That's like me saying the lions are an elite team and they're not.

I'm gonna pound the ravens once I get the word that Lewis is playing. I have no doubt that they are winning this game.

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

.I think Flacco, if you look strictly at stats, should have an average game for him...around 240 yards, TD or two, Int or two... Teams are quite similar, actually.
    Flacco will need more than that if ravens are going to win. Thats basically Alex Smith numbers but your expecting more turnovers from flacco. IF that is near what he puts up then ray rice and special teams will need to have a really good game or Niners offense will need to be completely outmatched for ravens to win.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys that defend the niners are really clueless. Yeah, they have good D but alex smith is only good b/c of his team. Stick that asshole on the eagles or giants and see how ******* bad he does lol. Niners = gore/and the defensive line. Nuff said.

Quarius
    Quarius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

Sounds Like a nice pick.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I pity any newbie or gambler seeking help that reads this thread,because he will be far more worse off than before he started....

All you guys do is argue on who has the biggest e-rooster,I like it though it is good comedy,and I'm sure LB gets a kick outta it also cause his mind is made up the moment he makes his threads.......

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by wilwin View Post
    If you're a Ravens backer, just admit that you're picking them because you flipped a coin. The logic you're using is not good.

total coinflip game, if you're a "value" guy you should play San Fran because this game is about as much of a coin flip as you get in the NFL. I'm gonna tease San Fran personally cause I think this game will not be decided by more than 7

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    You guys that defend the niners are really clueless. Yeah, they have good D but alex smith is only good b/c of his team. Stick that asshole on the eagles or giants and see how ******* bad he does lol. Niners = gore/and the defensive line. Nuff said.
    \
    Why does it matter that he would suck on those other teams? He plays for the niners, so the only thing that matters is he is good for his team. I agree he would suck on Eagles and Giants because they call plays for QB's who can make better reads and better throws and those offense rely on their QB a lot more than the Niners need to.

Im a homer but its ridiculous how many people under estimate the niners and find a way to discredit their wins every week. How many of the elite teams this year have lost to scrubs or struggled with teams that should have been easily beaten(Green bay obviously is on its own level)?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

The 49ers are not an elite team. I'm not going to argue about this. They won 6 games a year ago. Teams that do that are not elite. The 49ers were down 23-3 against the Eagles before the eagles choked in the 4th quarter like always. That's like me saying the lions are an elite team and they're not.

the ravens lost by 13 on the road to tennessee, yet they're an elite team???

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ exhibit A
    Points Awarded:

Full Time Hobo gave PAULYPOKER 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    total coinflip game, if you're a "value" guy you should play San Fran because this game is about as much of a coin flip as you get in the NFL. I'm gonna tease San Fran personally cause I think this game will not be decided by more than 7
    49ers ML +155 is good value and my pick for this one IMO.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kp126 View Post
    \
    Why does it matter that he would suck on those other teams? He plays for the niners, so the only thing that matters is he is good for his team. I agree he would suck on Eagles and Giants because they call plays for QB's who can make better reads and better throws and those offense rely on their QB a lot more than the Niners need to.

Im a homer but its ridiculous how many people under estimate the niners and find a way to discredit their wins every week. How many of the elite teams this year have lost to scrubs or struggled with teams that should have been easily beaten(Green bay obviously is on its own level)?
    All I'm saying is that Alex Smith isn't a factor and the Ravens D will cancel out or be > than niners. Joe Flacco showed us some shit vs Pitt and people should expect him to come through for his team if this game gets close. I wouldn't count on Alex Smith to come through for anything in a similar spot. 49ers are very good this year, I'm just saying I'm betting Balt here. What sucks is the -130 on bookmaker @ -3 right now, so I'll wait till it gets to -110 or just take the ML b/c paying 30 cents vig for a spread is really ******* lame

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    All I'm saying is that Alex Smith isn't a factor and the Ravens D will cancel out or be > than niners. Joe Flacco showed us some shit vs Pitt and people should expect him to come through for his team if this game gets close. I wouldn't count on Alex Smith to come through for anything in a similar spot. 49ers are very good this year, I'm just saying I'm betting Balt here. What sucks is the -130 on bookmaker @ -3 right now, so I'll wait till it gets to -110 or just take the ML b/c paying 30 cents vig for a spread is really ******* lame
    Exactly. Not the biggest Wacko Flacco fan, but Baltimore at home against the Niners offense cancels out the Niners' defense. I'm rolling with the home team in a big spot. (and teasing the niners spread and the over)

Edit: You're lucky your line is -3. My local still hasn't budged from -3.5 -110. The extra point puts me at -145. Horrible. Might as well take ML, it's retarded.
    Last edited by GamblerSpirit; 11-22-11 at 03:07 AM.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

yes i am being real..they will be good for 5+ years...i guess u forget because u are probably a teenager but the niners were the best in the 80's and part of the 90's because they had a hall of fame head coach and a system..they blew it by hiring the likes of erickson, nolan and singletary but they got it right now...there defense is the best in football now and they have serious weapons on offense that are young..the drafts in the future will only add to that..im done arguing with u about this because obviously u dont know what u are talking about
    From the 80s and 90s, from the 49ers I remember names like Rice, Young and Montana, but no coaches, I think they are all players. Mike Singletary is a great coach; he made this defense before they let him go. They had a hell of a defense in the past few years, but you wouldn't know because all you care about is 9-1.

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Quote Originally Posted by mp5070 View Post
    From the 80s and 90s, from the 49ers I remember names like Rice, Young and Montana, but no coaches, I think they are all players. Mike Singletary is a great coach; he made this defense before they let him go. They had a hell of a defense in the past few years, but you wouldn't know because all you care about is 9-1.
    ..u never heard of bill walsh?...c'mon man!!!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Seriously.

hecameup
    hecameup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

49ers will beat them by 2 touchdowns. Wont be close!

k13

I'm going to make a super f\*g special ml parlay

gb ml
    bal ml

One f\*g should lose.
    Hmm, I'm curious what's going to happen...Niners actually win in this tough spot??

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I can see this game being scored by a battle of field goals. Can't either team hitting more than 1 TD a piece.
    I think it depends who has a better game Rice or Gore. I stick to the under 40.5 here...

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

C'MON MAN!!!!!

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Fade or no play, as usual with your threads.

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

no way im on the niners +3.5 ravens are gonna have to beat us with the pass because there will be no running on the niners and flaco wont get it done sorry. ravens are the biggest jeckal hyde team in the nfl. i feel way better getting 3.5 with the niners who are a better team period !

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'm teasing the Under for this game.
    Looks like the Under will hold up. It's the best play here since both teams have elite defenses.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Will this one cash?

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Will this one cash?
    Yeah...

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Of course you come in here when its up... this was a 3x play compared to ur cow girls 15x

First 12345 Last