jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9446

Anyone know this dice game?

I'm trying to remember how to play a dice game that involves 5 dice. You roll the dice 5 times, but each time you must take away at least one. The object is to reach a number (I forget what the exact target number is, 21 or 25 maybe) in those 5 rolls. If the target number has been reached, I think the roller then rolls one die. Whatever number the die lands on, that's the amount every other player owes the roller (for example, if the roller rolls a 4, then each participating player must then pay $4 to the roller). If the roller is under the target number, then i think he must pay whatever number the die lands on to every other player.....This is vaguely what I remember from the game. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Not yahtzee or dice 1000
    Last edited by jjaycuny; 11-19-11 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Not yahtzee or dice 1000

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Its not Yahtzee, that's for sure

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Its not Yahtzee, that's for sure
    nope. I remember it being the type of game where you can either make money really fast, or lose money really fast.

jjaycuny

come onnnnn.........10 points to the person who can tell me

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Quote Originally Posted by jjaycuny View Post
    nope.I remember it being the type of game where you can either make money really fast, or lose money really fast.

Sounds like craps to me!

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

dice-play How to play...

Qualify
    This is a banking game played with five dice that requires stakes.
    Play:
    The banker covers each stake the other players put up, to an agreed limit. Each player in turn has five throws, putting the highest die to one side after each roll and throwing with the remainder. After the last throw, with the last die, the five dice put aside are totalled. If the total is 25 or more then the player wins and takes his stake back with an equal amount of the banker's. If the total is 24 or less, the banker collects the players stake.
    Variations:
    A more social game, sometimes called High Dice, can be played with out a banker. Each player throws the dice and must put aside one (or more if they wish) after each roll and throw the remainder again. The winner is the player with the highest total once every one has had a turn, who then takes the stakes.

Copyright © 2003 - 2010 Conceptual I.P. & Media - www.dice-play.com
    The content of this page may be circulated and copied in its present original form and in its entirety with no alterations or omissions and for no commercial purpose or commercial gain or profit. Copyright is retained on all text and illustrations.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-18-15 at 05:05 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I must admit...never heard of/played it before...

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by frankzig View Post

dice-play How to play...

Qualify This is a banking game played with five dice that requires stakes. Play: The banker covers each stake the other players put up, to an agreed limit. Each player in turn has five throws, putting the highest die to one side after each roll and throwing with the remainder. After the last throw, with the last die, the five dice put aside are totalled. If the total is 25 or more then the player wins and takes his stake back with an equal amount of the banker's. If the total is 24 or less, the banker collects the players stake. Variations: A more social game, sometimes called High Dice, can be played with out a banker. Each player throws the dice and must put aside one (or more if they wish) after each roll and throw the remainder again. The winner is the player with the highest total once every one has had a turn, who then takes the stakes.

Copyright © 2003 - 2010 Conceptual I.P. & Media - www.dice-play.com
    The content of this page may be circulated and copied in its present original form and in its entirety with no alterations or omissions and for no commercial purpose or commercial gain or profit. Copyright is retained on all text and illustrations.

This sounds similar but not quite the same because in the game I know, you don't have to wait for every player to roll. It has something to do with the difference of the total amount rolled vs. the target of 25 which = the $ owed by each player to the roller.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-18-15 at 05:05 PM. Reason: image does not exist