Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    And the owners could easily start a new league. The bottom 85% of the league would still play in the USA, and you get top college talent for 3 years and the league will be right where it left off.
    LOL. You know how long it takes players in the NBA to develop? How are you going to replace superstars like Howard Bryant Wade Lebron Carmello. Those guys are a diamond in the rough in college. The best player to come out of any college since those guys is Derick Rose. It takes the majority of guys a long time to develop before they become solid NBA players. You can't just bring in college players and expect them all to carry an NBA team.

The competition would be complete garbage. Guys that were winning national titles in college basketball can't even find a roster spot on NBA teams. Hardly any players that are even drafted out of college are brought on the 12 man roster man. The NBA is way too competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I doubt anybody will miss the NBA
    Trust me, you would be wrong there.

If you guys think these black men deserve to be on the streets then maybe Americans shouldn't have had slaves back in the day which has now led to black people dominating every sport.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

How is this good for the owners? Their franchises are worth hundreds of millions of dollars now. A 2 year stoppage, and they'll be lucky if it's worth 100 million

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Dumb question here, but couldn't the NBA players cross the picket line and a season be played with Scabs and any player who wants to cross. I know back in the 80's I think it was, the NFL season was on strike and their were Scab players playing and so fourth.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

I feel sorry for these players who are not top notch household name players. You have LeChoke, Kobe, Howard and others who are household name players that can easily go over seas and make the millions. These players that just began their NBA career and have not made a real name for themselves are the ones that are gonna reallly be hurtin.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Goat....

Im not saying they will equally replace these superstars but given the talent the league will stay competitive.

Most superstars are products of media hype in terms of there glamour. You take these superstars out of the nba and more will emerge. Just like anything. If bryant lebron wade melow and howard never existed are you telling me no stars would exist in the nba today?

As i said it will take time but the nba could rebuild itself and retain competitiveness while all these players holding out go broke. I dont ser anyone tunning into the european leagues over watching the nba nfl or mlb. European leagues with all the nba stars would fail and 5 years from now no one would miss them.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    How is this good for the owners? Their franchises are worth hundreds of millions of dollars now. A 2 year stoppage, and they'll be lucky if it's worth 100 million
    So it makes more sense to lose 20 million a year as your franchise decreases in value? Versus working out a deal that could stop your franchise from going broke ?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Goat.... Im not saying they will equally replace these superstars but given the talent the league will stay competitive. Most superstars are products of media hype in terms of there glamour. You take these superstars out of the nba and more will emerge. Just like anything. If bryant lebron wade melow and howard never existed are you telling me no stars would exist in the nba today? As i said it will take time but the nba could rebuild itself and retain competitiveness while all these players holding out go broke. I dont ser anyone tunning into the european leagues over watching the nba nfl or mlb. European leagues with all the nba stars would fail and 5 years from now no one would miss them.
    It would take way too long to develop. The competitiveness in the NBA is at an all time high. Much greater than the Jordan and Magic eras. It took all this time to make the league as competitive as it is today. So if we start over, we honestly wouldn't get back to this point until another 15 years, because you would have to spread out the good players, to even make sure every team has some solid players. We are on the verge of building teams with 2 and 3 superstars. This would be the ultimate regression.

How often do those guys even come into the league? We only see 1 every other year maximum. That's nothing. Kemba Walker won't be anything in the NBA compared to those guys. You can tell the skill level right away. Even with the best NCAA team and worst NBA team, it's incredible how much of a difference there is.

Anyway starting from scratch would never ever happen. NBA can't afford to lose those stars. No one would watch games. The season will be back this year for sure. Stern can't afford to lose it or he is done.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy win for the owners. The most uneducated sports work force. Have the draft as usual, invite more international players, open tryouts etc and field teams as soon as possible. Slash ticket prices the first year AND you will see more scabs emerge than you could ever dream possible. These guys will cross the line in droves. Like Vin Diesel said in Chronicles of Riddick--"you should have took the deal!!"

kmoney
    kmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Easy win for the owners. The most uneducated sports work force. Have the draft as usual, invite more international players, open tryouts etc and field teams as soon as possible. Slash ticket prices the first year AND you will see more scabs emerge than you could ever dream possible. These guys will cross the line in droves. Like Vin Diesel said in Chronicles of Riddick--"you should have took the deal!!"
    lol replacement players?? its not a strike! There no longer is a union.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

A draft this year is not going to help the NBA in any sense.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Anyway starting from scratch would never ever happen. NBA can't afford to lose those stars. No one would watch games. The season will be back this year for sure. Stern can't afford to lose it or he is done.

NBA doesnt need to start from scratch. There are already superstars in the making, playing College ball. Just waiting for a chance to play Pro.

Just get rid of those overpaid divas playing in the NBA now.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

I dont think we will lose two seasons but the current season wont be happening. Hopefully it will be resolved before the start of the 2012 season

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

What a mess, I have no idea who to blame.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Haralabos Voulgaris his girl and his awesome income from nba wagering will,and alot of other gamblers will suffer. This is horrible.

http://www.negativedunkalectics.com/...nd-in-nba.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...onaghy-scandal

http://twitter.com/#!/haralabob

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post
    NBA doesnt need to start from scratch. There are already superstars in the making, playing College ball. Just waiting for a chance to play Pro. Just get rid of those overpaid divas playing in the NBA now.
    Who? Can you name more than 1 guy thats come into the league in the last 4 years that's even a top 10 player in the NBA? There is maybe 1, and that's Rose. No others.

There aren't many superstars in college man. The NBA is the most select sports league in the world. There are only 12 guys that suit up each game per team.

You can't just "get rid" of guys like Wade, Lebron, Bryant, Carmello, Dwight, Nash, Dirk. These are the players that college players look up to- they are their idols. The league is not competitive without these guys battling for a championship. You will lose all respect from past players like Jordan and Magic. They won't respect the game any longer. Championships will become a joke. You will ruin the legacy of the NBA by decreasing the selectivity of each roster.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 11-15-11 at 02:36 AM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I never cared for the NBA.

College Basketball is more interesting anyways. Especially March Madness.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wow great post there, hope it comes true

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good point about the uneducated sports force really. Look at all the dummies who came out early and now have no meal ticket. No free ride in college. Guys are absolute nothings now. Is Kyrie Irving gonna go work at Mickey Ds as a shift leader?

jjgold

Most of these guys can barely read and write, many you cannot understand either

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Hockey sucks! People want the kobes and the lebrons.. No one gives a fukk about nhl..

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

I agree here. The international game is a better team sport. The NBA has gone way too far over to the "star" system. Refs look the other way on all the traveling and other abuses, and then you see how these clowns perform in the Olympics.

Since these overpaid idiots haven't a clue, get in a new group. Get ticket prices down to a reasonable level again.

...and let Kobe play on some dirt-bag Italian team, and we'll see how well he does there.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Players will cave

they will be back by Christmas

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

money for weed is running low for some of these guys

they'll cave

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i sure hope it doesn't go on for 2 years

eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

They should do what is needed

Become garbage men, ..that is what they are

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

This is good for NHL and NCAAB.

I love the NHL now. Bought the season pass and could care less about the NBA.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Who exactly rejected this deal? Every single player in the NBA or only the Union reps? Fisher and the players that were at the meetings today are the ones that voted this down... I seriously doubt every single player was allowed to "vote"...
    The union reps are all the overpaid mid level guys. The ones making big money want to play. The overpaid ones are the ones who's agents are claiming this deal is crap

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

No big deal, plenty of toilets to scrub and floors to sweep.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah they can pay him in oxy's

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    Players should get Rush Limbaugh to negotiate for them...

taejunx
    taejunx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

this is very disheartening...

jjgold

If NBA started a new league the owners would win long term

People would eventually come out, so called nba stars would be forgotten eventually

If Lebron never played again in the NBA in 5 years no one would ever knew who he was

Its called life and everyone moves on

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Players have just missed their first pay cheque of the year, expect the players to crack soon.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

The competitiveness in the NBA is at an all time high.
    Is this a joke? There is no parity whatsoever in the NBA as the same group of 8-10 teams make up the final 4 each and every year.

During the first round of the playoffs, the Bulls were -4000 (1-40 favorites) to beat the Pacers. You'll never see those kind of odds on any playoff series in any sport.

As it stands now, the smaller teams don't stand a chance and are losing money each year. When things are going well, the NBA players want more, more, more. However, when a franchise is losing money, NBA players still want more, more, more.

Only a true idiot is on the side of the players in this dispute.
    Points Awarded:

k13 gave andywend 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

You can't just "get rid" of guys like Wade, Lebron, Bryant, Carmello, Dwight, Nash, Dirk. These are the players that college players look up to- they are their idols. The league is not competitive without these guys battling for a championship. You will lose all respect from past players like Jordan and Magic. They won't respect the game any longer. Championships will become a joke. You will ruin the legacy of the NBA by decreasing the selectivity of each roster.
    What a joke. lol In 10-15 years they will be replaced by the same type of players.

It would be actually better as the league would be more competitive instead of the same old shit.

First 123 Last