NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

// Where do you do your capping? Does your partner/wife know? \\

Warning: This is a long post, but worth a read to serious cappers and potential future pro cappers.

The woman I dated before my wife I was very honest with about being a pro gambler. I told her a few weeks after we dated and since I obviously had money to take her out, live in a decent condo, buy her $hit, take vacations, etc.. it was never a problem. Then I hit a patch of variance and all bets were off (pun intended). I should have never been honest with telling her about my losses when she probed. It's not like I went busto, I just told her I was down 10K in a few weeks and she freaked out. Needless to say she told her parents, and they started calling me and recommending gamblers anon, etc... and to find a "real" job. Eventually she gave me an ultimatum. I walked.

Now when I met my wife a few years ago, I lied. I told her I was an online day trader and short term investor. She's very old school, not very noisy. I make my "work" sound very boring so she never asks. Anyways I used to work from home in a small office i set up specifically for sports. Lots of bookshelves and cabinets with books, stats, records, etc... computer with multiple screens, television, a few Gretzky posters, Leafs, etc.....but I knew once we got married and moved in together I could not hide it, so I rented a small office space in a commercial/industrial area that's very cheap to do all my capping.

When I sold my condo and bought the house I told her I wanted to rent the small office because working from home with her home would cause too many distractions. She runs a small business from home as well. Anyways the office I rent I share it with a few other guys. We share a secretary, boardroom, washroom, and kitchen. We just have separate office spaces. I pay about $600 a month for it, and it is worth it, but I find myself more and more just being a bit lazy and not going in everyday. She is starting to ask why I am not going to work as often, I just told her it's a slow period.

I pay for everything so she doesn't probe too much, like I said she is very old school. She makes a little money, but she is all about starting a family. She cooks, cleans, etc... and never complains. I am very lucky. She's from Europe too. If you ever want a good wife/potential mother, stay away from North American "I want to be an actress I deserve everything" girls.

So my dilemma is if I should just try to work from home and hide it. No posters, records locked up, fake trader and investing books i'll never read left out, fake stock reports etc... but how do i justify all the sports games on when she walks in the office to bring me coffee, or grab something for her business? She will find out eventually prob, so I could just be partially honest and say I am going to try sports betting now, and give it a shot. That could work. I will NEVER tell her I've always been doing this as it will create doubt about other things. Don't give me crap about honesty is the best policy, sometimes you gotta lie.

So anyways, here is my questions...

1. Where do you do your capping?
    2. Does your partner/gf know for guys that live alone?
    3. Does your partner/gf know for guys that live WITH their partner/gf?
    4. Do you lie about it to your partner/wife? If so, what do you tell them?

Thanks for the input. I am going to think about it for a while. Right now, I am in the office, going to work here all week, every week for the next month to squash any suspicion, but for now, I have to really wonder if I can do this forever... Thanks again

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

yep, she helps me build dbs. Knows the players better than I do.

WichitaStateFan
    WichitaStateFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

1: I just do it at home.
    2: N/A
    3: Yes
    4: I only lie about the amounts. If I have a great weekend and win $6,000, I'll buy her something nice. If I have a bad weekend, I'd never tell her the amount I lost. Women just are never going to like that aspect of it.

I'm just going to give you some advice because I feel compelled to... you need to stop lying to her. Just because the last person was intolerant doesn't mean she will be. I would explain it to her in a way that makes it sound stable.

It is a tough situation now because she will know you were lying to her the whole time. But if she finds out on her own ever, it won't be pretty.

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

Do you really want to be with someone that you have to lie to about what you do with your days? I mean so far you have been able to provide everything she needs and doesnt sound like that will change anytime soon. My offer to her would be to show her a bank account with something small, say 10-20K that you are not allowed to touch if your loses start to pile up. My girl knows I bet on a daily basis, but we both also have great jobs so it doesnt matter. Plus I am small time compared to others that are out there. I am a lot more of the "I put a couple bucks on it just to make a game I dont care about exciting" type than the need to grind out a living type. She is going to find out anyway, so you might as well come forward.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

I do my capping at home. I began my gambling after my wife and I got married. I didn't tell her about it as I knew she'd give me crap. I know how you feel as it was a pain to hide it and still gamble. I would do my capping during the day while she was at work and tried hiding my info as best I could. One day I said screw it, as it was getting too hard to hide and gamble especially when she was off for days due to illness, or vacation/holidays. I finally let her know about it, and she gave me crap as I figured, but oh well. I wish I lived where you lived and you could hire me as your helper....lol. I enjoy what I do, keeps me sane I guess. I have thought about how cool it would be to just sit around and punch numbers, cap the games for someone else while they pay me, along with making bets. Basically have someone to pay me to do the leg work so to speak.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by NHL Pro Capper View Post
    Warning: This is a long post, but worth a read to serious cappers and potential future pro cappers.

The woman I dated before my wife I was very honest with about being a pro gambler. I told her a few weeks after we dated and since I obviously had money to take her out, live in a decent condo, buy her $hit, take vacations, etc.. it was never a problem. Then I hit a patch of variance and all bets were off (pun intended). I should have never been honest with telling her about my losses when she probed. It's not like I went busto, I just told her I was down 10K in a few weeks and she freaked out. Needless to say she told her parents, and they started calling me and recommending gamblers anon, etc... and to find a "real" job. Eventually she gave me an ultimatum. I walked.

Now when I met my wife a few years ago, I lied. I told her I was an online day trader and short term investor. She's very old school, not very noisy. I make my "work" sound very boring so she never asks. Anyways I used to work from home in a small office i set up specifically for sports. Lots of bookshelves and cabinets with books, stats, records, etc... computer with multiple screens, television, a few Gretzky posters, Leafs, etc.....but I knew once we got married and moved in together I could not hide it, so I rented a small office space in a commercial/industrial area that's very cheap to do all my capping.

When I sold my condo and bought the house I told her I wanted to rent the small office because working from home with her home would cause too many distractions. She runs a small business from home as well. Anyways the office I rent I share it with a few other guys. We share a secretary, boardroom, washroom, and kitchen. We just have separate office spaces. I pay about $600 a month for it, and it is worth it, but I find myself more and more just being a bit lazy and not going in everyday. She is starting to ask why I am not going to work as often, I just told her it's a slow period.

I pay for everything so she doesn't probe too much, like I said she is very old school. She makes a little money, but she is all about starting a family. She cooks, cleans, etc... and never complains. I am very lucky. She's from Europe too. If you ever want a good wife/potential mother, stay away from North American "I want to be an actress I deserve everything" girls.

So my dilemma is if I should just try to work from home and hide it. No posters, records locked up, fake trader and investing books i'll never read left out, fake stock reports etc... but how do i justify all the sports games on when she walks in the office to bring me coffee, or grab something for her business? She will find out eventually prob, so I could just be partially honest and say I am going to try sports betting now, and give it a shot. That could work. I will NEVER tell her I've always been doing this as it will create doubt about other things. Don't give me crap about honesty is the best policy, sometimes you gotta lie.

So anyways, here is my questions...

1. Where do you do your capping?
    2. Does your partner/gf know for guys that live alone?
    3. Does your partner/gf know for guys that live WITH their partner/gf?
    4. Do you lie about it to your partner/wife? If so, what do you tell them?

Thanks for the input. I am going to think about it for a while. Right now, I am in the office, going to work here all week, every week for the next month to squash any suspicion, but for now, I have to really wonder if I can do this forever... Thanks again
    Be honest man...eventually it will come out...your post is hilarious though with the stock market books out on the fukkin tabke...I like you style

Now you will get caught eventually

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

this guy is so full of sh*t it's not even funny

He is a pro capper that rents office space to fool his wife...lol

yet he is -units in the hockey forum

he is a kid living at home with his parents
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Shes gonna find out eventually man.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

It's best to hide our money problems from women.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Faker than fake. No one who's beating the books over the long term lies about it to his wife. They tell everyone they know.

NHL Pro Capper

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

Do you troll everyone? You are right I am done on SBR posting games, I think its -0.65 units over an 8 game sample. I have never seen such a bitter and miserable poster such as yourself. The only reason you have so much anger is you obviously are a big loser. Not just in sports gambling, but life. You need to stop gambling and seek some professional help. Be positive, stop insulting others. It's not just me, you troll everyones threads because you just hate your life, can't say that I blame you. Your the fat loser that lives in his mom's basement. You play microsoft flight simulator all day and pretend your a pilot. Give it up already and get a life. I didnt see you post in my thread last night when I went 3/4 up 7+ units, that's right, so go kill yourself.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Not this "lieing" (special shortbus shoutout to sweetjones55 for this jewel) clown again....

NHL Pro Capper

Hey fat loser, didn't you say the NBA strike was over? LOL nice thread retard, lol loser

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I think you should tell her the truth

you need to be with someone that loves you unconditionally, not someone that will be with you only if you meet their economic, social and/or job security criteria

thats not called being in love, that is called being content

boeing power

I just bought some jets with my gambling winnings, cost me around $150 million.

I did this to hide the fact I am a pro capper.

I hope my family dont find out that the $150 million came from gambling.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

I gambled before the wife, she knew, but no where near the bankroll or disipline to do it full time. So five times a week I head out the door and do a 9 to 5.

I place bets right in front of her, she is on record as saying she doesn't care, as long as the bills are paid.

You entered it as a lie, I think you should still live the lie, or weave a bigger lie of how you lost your trading license and now resorted to betting on sports to live.

Now a question or two for you, what do you do for health insurance? Dental? That has to be crazy expensive as individuals and not in a group.

Hey also how bout some pics of the office? Not saying I don't believe you, just curious honestly to see the place.

boeing power

stiky, you dont believe him

anybody with half a brain doesn't believe him

when can we buy the premiuim nhl picks?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

always keep amounts to myself... but every-time i reach for the comp she has a reaction...

She HATES SBR, but after explaining point system she saw a small benefit... for a second...

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

interesting....

jjgold you should make a video about how to hide your capping from your wife/boyfriend/family

you have made great vids about how to hide your betting, but hiding your capping is quite a different issue, and actually much more important

getting a bet down does not take much time, capping takes up much more time and is more involved

we need a tutorial PLEASE, thanks jj

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

stiky, you dont believe him

anybody with half a brain doesn't believe him

when can we buy the premiuim nhl picks?
    Listen BP, I do find it extreme that someone would go through with renting an office, I mean my wife and I get along fine I wouldn't mind being around her more. I would just man up lock myself in my office at home and said I have to *cough* "work"

NHL, this can all be put to rest with a video or pics of the office? Right?

And boeing stop taking all my points at the ring table.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

My gf's eyes glaze over when I talk about sports betting, she couldn't give a shit if she tried.

And if she did care, I'd tell her to get fuked. I've been betting since I was a kid. Me and my cousins used to bet baseball cards. "I bet you this Canseco against your Griffey Jr. that the cubs win today"

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin.mig View Post
    Do you really want to be with someone that you have to lie to about what you do with your days? I mean so far you have been able to provide everything she needs and doesnt sound like that will change anytime soon. My offer to her would be to show her a bank account with something small, say 10-20K that you are not allowed to touch if your loses start to pile up. My girl knows I bet on a daily basis, but we both also have great jobs so it doesnt matter. Plus I am small time compared to others that are out there. I am a lot more of the "I put a couple bucks on it just to make a game I dont care about exciting" type than the need to grind out a living type. She is going to find out anyway, so you might as well come forward.

The real question is does his wife really want to be with someone that's lying not whether he should want to be with someone that he has to lie to about it. I don't know the girl but most would leave if you came clean now about it, they would feel they couldn't really raise a family with a guy that claimed he had a real job all this time only to be betting games (which can pay the bills but more centered on the uncertainty standpoint... cold streaks, legality, offshore status, etc.). But like I said, don't know the girl so who knows she might be okay with it... good luck.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    My gf's eyes glaze over when I talk about sports betting, she couldn't give a shit if she tried. And if she did care, I'd tell her to get fuked. I've been betting since I was a kid. Me and my cousins used to bet baseball cards. "I bet you this Canseco against your Griffey Jr. that the cubs win today"
    Definitely -EV