BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Oregon outplayed LSU early in year
    Outplayed??? Really?

Oreong was down 20 points and scored a TD against LSU's backups with 9 seconds to go in the game to only lose by 13 instead of 20.

Typically when you outplay someone, you don't lose by double digits.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

If you haven't figured this out yet i'll let you in on a sharp secret...you ALWAYS bet against oregon early in the year and then in their bowl. Their offense is tempo based and long layoffs cripple it

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Oregon doesn't get any credit for holding cam newton to 22 points?

Small Timer
    Small Timer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Oregon doesn't get any credit for holding cam newton to 22 points?
    Also the fact that Auburn's PASS D was not good, but their Rush D was the best in the SEC.

Auburn last year had the best offensive player in Newton and the best defensive player in Fairley. Came down to a FG only a crazy run where the guy looked down, not to mention Oregon had a pick overturned that looked good. I still think Auburn was the better team but it was basically 1a and 1b last year, no choke job needed to lose to them by a FG.

Regardless of where they end up though, Ducks need to get over that hump and beat a good team in a BCS. Too bad there is a chance they get stuck with MSU or Penn St in the Rose Bowl. After seeing the top eight listed though how can anyone not want a playoff? That'd be a hell of a stretch of football for fans.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i could also do this and show a different pattern oregon won 2 of the last 4

2007 Sun BowlOregon56South Florida21Won
    2008 Holiday BowlOregon42Oklahoma State31Won
    2010 Rose BowlOhio State26Oregon17Lost
    2011 BCS National Championship GameAuburn22Oregon19Lost

or i could go back another 3 years (you seem to conveniently stop going back before oregon's 3 game bowl winning streak) and show oregon won 5 of their last 11 bowl games, averaging over 27 points a game. but that would defeat many of the haters' argument that oregon's offense is easily stopped in bowl games

1999 Sun BowlOregon24Minnesota20Won
    2000 Holiday BowlOregon35Texas30Won
    2002 Fiesta BowlOregon38Colorado16Won
    2002 Seattle BowlWake Forest38Oregon17Lost
    2003 Sun BowlMinnesota31Oregon30Lost
    2005 Holiday BowlOklahoma17Oregon14Lost
    2006 Las Vegas BowlBrigham Young38Oregon8Lost
    2007 Sun BowlOregon56South Florida21Won
    2008 Holiday BowlOregon42Oklahoma State31Won
    2010 Rose BowlOhio State26Oregon17Lost
    2011 BCS National Championship GameAuburn22Oregon19Lost

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    If you haven't figured this out yet i'll let you in on a sharp secret...you ALWAYS bet against oregon early in the year and then in their bowl. Their offense is tempo based and long layoffs cripple it
    yeah betting against oregon in their bowl games would've gotten you ONE WIN in the last 4 and a push last year (auburn was -3). but don't let facts get in the way

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Actually Oregon was the favorite in that game, if I remember correctly. At least they were before the game actually started. I don't know how much the line moved or what the original line was, but I was able to pound the hell out of the Auburn moneyline at even money-doubled my bankroll off that one game. I think we can all agree that a playoff system is a must for our sport-maybe just have the conference champions or the teams that play in the conference championships, along with a few at-large bids, depending on how big a playoff you want. Who wouldn't love to see crazy matchups like Oregon vs Ok state or Oregon vs Clemson or Ok state vs LSU. Hell, the Cinderellas are what make the NCAA tourney so fun to watch-who wouldn't want to cheer on some underdog school from a mid-conference team against the big boys of the major conferences? The lack of a playoff system hurts our sport greatly-we are the only sport, college or pro, that doesn't use a playoff system to crown a champion. Is there indeed a better way than to have a team actually earn a championship by beating several teams in succession? Rather than using some bs 'formula' that arbitrarily decides who should play for it, when it is obvious somebody gets screwed every year? Sorry for the rant and for being off topic, but we wouldn't have to debate this crap if the sport gave its fans what it truly deserves...

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Actually Oregon was the favorite in that game, if I remember correctly. At least they were before the game actually started. I don't know how much the line moved or what the original line was, but I was able to pound the hell out of the Auburn moneyline at even money-doubled my bankroll off that one game. I think we can all agree that a playoff system is a must for our sport-maybe just have the conference champions or the teams that play in the conference championships, along with a few at-large bids, depending on how big a playoff you want. Who wouldn't love to see crazy matchups like Oregon vs Ok state or Oregon vs Clemson or Ok state vs LSU. Hell, the Cinderellas are what make the NCAA tourney so fun to watch-who wouldn't want to cheer on some underdog school from a mid-conference team against the big boys of the major conferences? The lack of a playoff system hurts our sport greatly-we are the only sport, college or pro, that doesn't use a playoff system to crown a champion. Is there indeed a better way than to have a team actually earn a championship by beating several teams in succession? Rather than using some bs 'formula' that arbitrarily decides who should play for it, when it is obvious somebody gets screwed every year? Sorry for the rant and for being off topic, but we wouldn't have to debate this crap if the sport gave its fans what it truly deserves...
    i never once saw oregon favored in last years championship game. saw the line get down to auburn -1 or -1.5 right at the end if memory serves me but for the whole bowl season auburn was -3.5 and then down to -3 the final week.

so anyone betting oregon early last year was a winner. i know i had oregon +3 -110 and auburn ml -120 so i was jumping for joy when newton didn't quite get it in the endzone at the end.

milwaukee mike

and semper don't be sorry for the rant, you are right.
    we can argue this stuff until we're blue in the face but we shouldn't have to. one loss teams like alabama, oregon, oklahoma, stanford, etc have played well enough over the course of the season to still have a chance.
    must suck to be a coach that has to tell kids that bust their ass off practicing, after they lose the 1st game that their season is a failure.

milwaukee mike

Looking quite a bit more likely for the ducks after last night...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    Looking quite a bit more likely for the ducks after last night...
    Watch Oregon lose to USC.

Personally, I hope we have 10 teams with one loss. I want a playoff. This is ridiculous.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

No one will beat LSU in New Orleans, doesn't matter who you put in there. As a Bama grad and fan, I damn sure don't want to lose to LSU twice in one season. That would be bad for recruiting and bragging rights and Coach Saban. LSU won the last time they played in New Orleans for a BCS championship under Saban(OU), and Miles(OSU), so count it in New Orleans for LSU. Even beat Brady Quinn and ND with Jabba Russell in New Orleans.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Oregon is on upset alert tonight!

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Watch Oregon lose to USC.

Personally, I hope we have 10 teams with one loss. I want a playoff. This is ridiculous.
    We are watching it now...ditto on the playoff. I think we are stuck with BCS for a few more yrs at least tho

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

yeah oregon scored 19 points in the title game. how many points did alabama and lsu score COMBINED against each other this year? nobody wants to watch another field goal snoozefest.

shutting someone down doesn't mean keeping them out of the endzone, it means not allowing them to rack up the most passing yards in the history of the bcs championship like oregon did. perhaps you meant "bent but didn't break".

my argument isn't a joke, it is based on having the best teams in the country at the end of the year play for the championship. does anyone think a 10-6 packers team last year was the best throughout the entire year? NO.
    but they were playing better than anyone at the end of the year, like oregon is doing now.

i guess being fast and athletic makes you "gimmicky" in the eyes of a lot of people though...
    If you want to talk about yards then you failed to mention that in that game Auburn actually had 254 rushing yards and 5.1 per carry while Oregon only had 75 for 2.3. Their star James was held to less than 50. Newton had over 250 yards passing giving Auburn more total yards.

Tonight, once again we saw that any defense with a pulse can beat those water bugs. Chip Kelly himself admitted the Sec was just better than everybody else.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

USC looked bigger, stronger, and faster than the Ducks tonight. They can run around average teams, but good teams make them seem pedestrian on both sides of the ball. The Oregon defense looked better than any SEC team against Cam Newton earlier this year in the national championship game. So maybe they need to find a way to play slug it out rather than speed game against good teams.

milwaukee mike

Well our arguing about who is deserving between ok st, ok, and Oregon doesn't matter much lol

3 of the top 5 lose but the games came down to 2 missed fg and a long td drive by Baylor in a minute.
    Awesome weekend of college fb

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Oregon is on upset alert tonight!
    like I tried to tell you, Mike..Oregon is a fraud!!

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Boise must really be kicking themselves now. This would have been their year to get to the MNC.

Virginia Tech lucked out a lot yesterday. They're back in the hunt now.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

loss, loss, didn't make it, loss, losss win, win, didn't make it, loss, loss

Oregon won't make a bowl game

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post

um the 2008 holiday bowl was in december and the 2010 rose bowl was in january so there's no "didn't make it" lately

and the thought oregon won't make a bowl game is completely ridiculous

milwaukee mike

like I tried to tell you, Mike..Oregon is a fraud!!
    no more so of a "fraud" than oklahoma st, oklahoma, clemson, wisconsin, etc etc. if they could make a short field goal oregon would probably be national championship bound so i'm not sure that makes them a fraud but if you want your own confirmation bias then go right ahead and use it.
    kind of like the people around here rooting for the packers to lose, saying they're not that good, and then if they lose a game you'll get "see i told you so". i guess i never understood rooting for someone to fail.

these are really good teams that just happened to lose to mediocre teams and in oregon's case there is no shame in losing to usc - that usc team is loaded with talent and that was their bowl game. crazy weekend.

JAKEPEAVY21

no more so of a "fraud" than oklahoma st, oklahoma, clemson, wisconsin, etc etc. if they could make a short field goal oregon would probably be national championship bound so i'm not sure that makes them a fraud but if you want your own confirmation bias then go right ahead and use it.
    kind of like the people around here rooting for the packers to lose, saying they're not that good, and then if they lose a game you'll get "see i told you so". i guess i never understood rooting for someone to fail.

these are really good teams that just happened to lose to mediocre teams and in oregon's case there is no shame in losing to usc - that usc team is loaded with talent and that was their bowl game. crazy weekend.
    Just rubbing it in a little, pal. I know Oregon is a damn good team, but they just flat out don't get it done when it counts as I referenced earlier. Until they prove me wrong, I'm sticking to my guns regarding the Ducks. Gl at the poker tables

milwaukee mike

Just rubbing it in a little, pal. I know Oregon is a damn good team, but they just flat out don't get it done when it counts as I referenced earlier. Until they prove me wrong, I'm sticking to my guns regarding the Ducks. Gl at the poker tables
    hey no problem our bet is off right? my post was more frustration than anything, seems like every team i like (boise/oregon/etc) loses because of short missed field goals and poor clock management in not going for the touchdown at the end of games.

if you want to go 500 on whatever bowl oregon gets in let me know

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post

is this fool trying to say Oregon won't make a bowl game? WTF are you smoking

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

This thread just gave me dinner idea..Peking duck! yummmmy

LT
    LT's Avatar Become A Pro!

if they could make a short field goal oregon would probably be national championship bound so i'm not sure that makes them a fraud but if you want your own confirmation bias then go right ahead and use it.
    I always love when people talk like special teams aren't a part of the game.

As much as Oregon fans harped on how much their defense improved, they sure laid an egg last weekend.

First 123