topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

If you think Marquez won never watch boxing again.....

I realize it is no longer a top tier sport and fielded questions all night at the spot about the sport. If you think Marquez won enjoy UFC and one hitter quitters like the "undefeated, undisputed champ" did tonight. That shit is for street fights and rap songs not championship matches. Now to the main event, yes Marquez "looked" better and won a fair xhare of rounds but the reality is he threw beautiful combos and pac man blocked almost all of them. Pac man connected a few big shots as did Marquez. Marquez corner really hurt him by telling him he was leading which lead him to not attack any longer. Just like Duke playing at home the opponent can't just "win" he has to razzle dazzle. HBO score man had pac man up by several points. 2 of 3 judges had pac man up by several points. Pac man won the fight albeit by a much more narrow margin than some score cards indicated. Lets just get to the point..... Pac man/ Mayweather. May be the LAST great boxing match EVER.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dynamite140, Poppa Catfish, and AribaAriba

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

it was close but i give to someone who connects more and punches harder and made a a destruction through someone's face.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I hope you are just looking for attention because if you think manny won you are a fuking moron.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

You're breaking my heart, kid.

topgame85

Venditto, you have lost your touch. You are supposed to be sbr's boxing guru. You clearly are either biasd due to $ or lost touch with the sport you used to be an authority on.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

if pacman gets dominated by marquez (which he did) cause i actually like to watch the fight and not predeterman it........mayweather will rape that dirty smelly beard

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Marquez clearly won on points in a semi competitive fight. It's not even debatable.

topgame85

Unless Mayweather is a punk (which he is) there should be no question as to what lies next for Manny. Marquez did not beat Manny tonight. He fought a good fight but did not do anywhere near what was neccesary to take his title. He got out hit, out swung, broke even or close on heavy hits, Pac man had superb defense and resolve and Marquez fought uninspired for the final 2 rounds. Challengers must TAKE the title not play close and cross their fingers. This is the way of the sport..... realize it or else follow the real joke known as UFC which is actually predetermined.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    if pacman gets dominated by marquez (which he did) cause i actually like to watch the fight and not predeterman it........mayweather will rape that dirty smelly beard
    predatorman?

Sounds intriguing .....

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh what I would pay to see Predator vs Mayweather

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Pacman is overrated and looked like shit tonight vs Marquez. End of the fight you could see in his face he thought he lost...

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by StillSmokin View Post
    oh what I would pay to see Predator vs Mayweather

I think we are on to something here.

StillSmokin

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

I think we are on to something here.
    Actually I would rather see Alien vs. Mayweather so he could get burned the way he burns stacks of bills in the club.

topgame85

Think its funny noone in media, even those who think the cards were tilted, will say "Marquez won this." No judge for the match had Marquez winning and no major media figure claiming that. Word of the night for those pushing controversy is I had it as a draw. Think part of this controversy is one judge had pac man by 4 rounds which is absurd.

AribaAriba

i give credit to marquez for giving all many could handle but manny is clearly the more gifted and better fighter hence he won in a close fight. I rather pay for someone to see a fighter to slug it out that fighter who choses to be defensive boring counter fighter. Now PACMAn vs Mayweahter lets get it on, i dont wanna give an opinion who wins since im a pac fan but everyone needs and deserve to see this fight just to keep everyone's mouth shut up when its all said and done.

StillSmokin

can we atleast agree that mayweather is a complete doucher?

AribaAriba

hate him as a human being, he is a disgrace to mankind. He is an a fun entertainer to watch but his mouth and arrogant want everyone to see his ass kick, he is a villain in a movie that everyone wants to fail while pacquiao is a hero of his character.

topgame85

No doubt about that. Honestly think Manny will have to handily beat Mayweather to get the decision and I am ok with that. Old saying is to be the best you have to beat the best not to be the best you have to draw the best and hope someone gives you the nod. Just as Marquez did not beat Manny, Manny will have to BEAT Mayweather. Whether he does or does not this is what boxing needs. The excuses need to come to an end and lets get on!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Think its funny noone in media, even those who think the cards were tilted, will say "Marquez won this." No judge for the match had Marquez winning and no major media figure claiming that. Word of the night for those pushing controversy is I had it as a draw. Think part of this controversy is one judge had pac man by 4 rounds which is absurd.
    You're paying attention to the wrong media. Max Kellerman on his Twitter = Draw. Every other country's media = Marquez win.

From ESPN: "It's hard when you're fighting your rival and the three judges, too," Marquez said. The sellout crowd at the MGM Grand arena threw bottles and cans toward ringside after the decision was announced, with one full can hitting a ringside writer.

Say what you will but people know when they've witnessed a robbery. They might not always report it, but they know.

pay on time
    pay on time's Avatar Become A Pro!

This fight really screws pacman. He needed to win in convincing fashion to face floyd. Floyd just gonna keep ducking saying "I dont need to prove anything." "Look at my fight with marquiz and look at pacmans " nuff said. I guaruntee this will be his tactic as to not fighting pacman. You can't always judge two fighters based on their results with the same opponent. Dif styles affect dif fighters dif. Unforunatly, pacman will have to fight marquiz again and defeat him in convincing fashion, before gayweather will step up.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

FUUUUUUUUUUU had 1k on marquez and I feel gutted.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

A lot of the media immediate to the event had to be diplomatic with their opinions, because with the way boxing is promoted they fear offending and getting black listed by fighters.

pay on time

Pacman outscored him on punches like 178-132 or something. Power punches pacman117-100. Pacmans face compared to marquiz. pacman wins the fight.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You're paying attention to the wrong media. Max Kellerman on his Twitter = Draw. Every other country's media = Marquez win.

From ESPN: "It's hard when you're fighting your rival and the three judges, too," Marquez said. The sellout crowd at the MGM Grand arena threw bottles and cans toward ringside after the decision was announced, with one full can hitting a ringside writer.

Say what you will but people know when they've witnessed a robbery. They might not always report it, but they know.
    Never judge a fight by reaction from crowd after result announced. Everyone and their mother had small bets on Marquez. Fight was close and Marquez should be pissed at himself for not closing the show. He should be pissed at his trainer who told him he had the fight won before it was over. He knew coming in he was an underdog and there was nothing to be gained for the promotor by him winning. He can whine about the judges all he wants and it doesn't change the result. He should have done more. Same thing happened to De la Hoya when he lost to Trinidad. He'll get another shot at Manny in 2012. Arum won't put his ATM in the ring with Floyd.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

It was a close fight. On my scorecard, I gave it to Marquez by a single round.
    I had no play, so no bias here.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

Never judge a fight by reaction from crowd after result announced. Everyone and their mother had small bets on Marquez. Fight was close and Marquez should be pissed at himself for not closing the show. He should be pissed at his trainer who told him he had the fight won before it was over. He knew coming in he was an underdog and there was nothing to be gained for the promotor by him winning. He can whine about the judges all he wants and it doesn't change the result. He should have done more. Same thing happened to De la Hoya when he lost to Trinidad. He'll get another shot at Manny in 2012. Arum won't put his ATM in the ring with Floyd.
    Yeah I hear you. But that crowd was overwhelmingly in Manny's favour when they walked out. What happened? Why did they turn at the end when the decision was announced?

At the end of the day I won money. But.... I'm someone who has been really trying to get into boxing again and stuff like this just kills it. Out of the 3 matches that I've bet this year, I've won on Floyd, lost on some wackadoo Hopkins whoreshit that got reversed the next day (Pinny didn't reverse it though obv) and won on the over 10.5 on this one. Three matches, three times it didn't end without controversy. I grew up watching this sport with my dad and I loved it. He was a guy who was lucky enough to have the cash and know people to go see awesome fights. I never bothered to learn the intricacies of scoring but I always loved the beauty of the sport. I got away from it for awhile when I moved to Europe. Now I'm trying to get into it again and this is so disappointing. I just want a normal fight. None of this other baggage coming in like guys saying "to beat a champion you'll need to knock him down". How about just win the bloody match?

Sorry, I'm just totally disappointed. I deal with enough rigjobs in tennis. This just smells nasty.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    I realize it is no longer a top tier sport and fielded questions all night at the spot about the sport. If you think Marquez won enjoy UFC and one hitter quitters like the "undefeated, undisputed champ" did tonight. That shit is for street fights and rap songs not championship matches. Now to the main event, yes Marquez "looked" better and won a fair xhare of rounds but the reality is he threw beautiful combos and pac man blocked almost all of them. Pac man connected a few big shots as did Marquez. Marquez corner really hurt him by telling him he was leading which lead him to not attack any longer. Just like Duke playing at home the opponent can't just "win" he has to razzle dazzle. HBO score man had pac man up by several points. 2 of 3 judges had pac man up by several points. Pac man won the fight albeit by a much more narrow margin than some score cards indicated. Lets just get to the point..... Pac man/ Mayweather. May be the LAST great boxing match EVER.
    i think i almost threw my back out not giving a shit about this useless post...but being that i`m here,let`s clear a few things up...

truth is:

1)95 % of the morons that respond to this post(including yourself) will do so based on the wager they made and not on any objective criteria...

2)both guys missed such a high percentage of the punches that were thrown(and so few meaningful punches were landed) that the only thing that was definitively proven was that these guys have become so familiar with one another,and are so close in ability,that another exact duplicate fight of this would be worse than the blowtorch and pliers treatment...the fact is that pacquaio has built his rep on beating faded ,past their prime fighters and his enormous popularlity is based more on freddie roach`s incredible matchmaking ability than to manny being a truly great(elite) fighter...but even freddie almost shit the bed on this one...he thought he had a blown-up ,faded marquez in front of manny when in truth,the only real difference between the two (still) is who`s promoter has the most juice....

3)pacquaio would get totally schooled by mayweather`s pinpoint punching and quicks.....but,fortunatley for manny,mayweather doesn`t have the promotional gravitas that manny does and mayweather would probably have to cut manny`s head off and bury it to get a fair shake(much like marquez)...and another ridiculously bogus decision in a high profile fight may be the final nail in boxing`s coffin(which depending on your p.o.v.,might be a good thing)....and i say that as an avid boxing fan...

4) the one good thing this fight did was expose the fact that manny really isn`t much better(if better at all) than marquez...and we all know how easily mayweather disposed of marquez....mayweather may decide that manny can use steroids,amphetamines or or walk in the ring with a blackjack and he`ll still school pacquaio....so the manny/money fight might just happen now that it`s been definitively proven that manny and marquez are on the same level(and that mayweather is clearly a notch above)....
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave rocky mattioli 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pay on time

you don't compare fighters by the opponents they face. With your logic pacmans a better fighter than mayweather because he disposed of ricky hatton in earlier rounds. He dominated de la hoya in more convincing fashion. Dif fighters, dif styles, give dif. fighters more problems. MAYWEATHER KNOWS THIS. pacman is a problem for mayweathers style. He'll keep ducking and he'll use this fight as leverage to duck.

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

If last night proved anything, it's that PBF will have his way with PacMan. Pacquiao can't deal with smart, counter punchers who won't play into his hands, Mayweather is the one of the greatest counter punchers of all time. He'll destroy Manny.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by pay on time View Post
    you don't compare fighters by the opponents they face. With your logic pacmans a better fighter than mayweather because he disposed of ricky hatton in earlier rounds. He dominated de la hoya in more convincing fashion. Dif fighters, dif styles, give dif. fighters more problems. MAYWEATHER KNOWS THIS. pacman is a problem for mayweathers style. He'll keep ducking and he'll use this fight as leverage to duck.

no you don`t..unless the fights are as one-sided as mayweather`s win over marquez...he toyed with marquez...it was a sparring session...the reason that marquez gives manny trouble is that he`s a technically excellent fighter...now multiply that x 3 and throw in amazing defense, more size,and add in mayweather`s otherworldly quicks and you see why manny`s in a world of hurt...

i`ll be surprised if roach ever allows this fight to go forward...and if it does,only a bob arum miracle can help manny....

clearly...CLEARLY,like him or not(and he`s a pantload),mayweather is the true elite fighter of his time..not manny...

who do you think will be favored ?....i think you know...and it will only be worse after this last fight with marquez.....i`m searching for a money/manny line as we speak because i know it`s only going upward...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 11-13-11 at 08:20 AM.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Manny is the new media darling a good offensive fighter with a good backstory. IMHO Marquez won 2 of 3 fights and Mayweather will give Manny a boxing lesson being a better,bigger,faster, and better defensive fighter than Marquez!

topgame85

So because a few angry Mexicans in the crowd threw some bottles because their fighter lost means Marquez won? Come on now..... It is what it is. The correct result was reached here without doubt. Close fight that Manny won. 116-112 is a joke but Marquez did not do enough. End of story.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-fo...lt-thread.html

Guess none of those pro boxers have any idea what they're talking about, and should never watch boxing again.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yeah I hear you. But that crowd was overwhelmingly in Manny's favour when they walked out. What happened? Why did they turn at the end when the decision was announced?

At the end of the day I won money. But.... I'm someone who has been really trying to get into boxing again and stuff like this just kills it. Out of the 3 matches that I've bet this year, I've won on Floyd, lost on some wackadoo Hopkins whoreshit that got reversed the next day (Pinny didn't reverse it though obv) and won on the over 10.5 on this one. Three matches, three times it didn't end without controversy. I grew up watching this sport with my dad and I loved it. He was a guy who was lucky enough to have the cash and know people to go see awesome fights. I never bothered to learn the intricacies of scoring but I always loved the beauty of the sport. I got away from it for awhile when I moved to Europe. Now I'm trying to get into it again and this is so disappointing. I just want a normal fight. None of this other baggage coming in like guys saying "to beat a champion you'll need to knock him down". How about just win the bloody match?

Sorry, I'm just totally disappointed. I deal with enough rigjobs in tennis. This just smells nasty.
    If you are looking to get into the sport of boxing you need to learn to understand what 95% of those who watch boxing do not understand which is how fights are scored. Despite what those 95% who think they are boxing fans believe (95% who are unable to name more than 5 trainers without a google search) boxing is not a street fight it is a professional sport with a point system that rewards busy fighters for being active. Pacman was clearly the more active fighter and for that he won on the scorecards and being the champ means that for one to take his title they need to beat the champ. The fight was close and the untrained eye easily could have felt Marquez won but the compubox stats tell you what the trained eyes of the professional judges saw which was a more active fighter who needed to be beaten convincingly in order to lose his title.

Dissappointed that my Marquez +765 bet was a loser but although it looks dominant for a fighter to sit back and counter punch an aggressive fighter it is not a way to win a professional boxing match unless you score a knockdown. Marquez should have thrown more jabs to appear more active rather than just sitting back trying to pick off Manny when he approached.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by pay on time View Post
    This fight really screws pacman. He needed to win in convincing fashion to face floyd. Floyd just gonna keep ducking saying "I dont need to prove anything." "Look at my fight with marquiz and look at pacmans " nuff said. I guaruntee this will be his tactic as to not fighting pacman. You can't always judge two fighters based on their results with the same opponent. Dif styles affect dif fighters dif. Unforunatly, pacman will have to fight marquiz again and defeat him in convincing fashion, before gayweather will step up.
    yaaaa....thats what it is....floyd is scared to death of manny.....mannys promoter has no reservations about putting pac in with floyd whatsoever!

12 Last