linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Please. I think Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time........but lets put the anointing oil away about how great of a guy he is.

Great guys don't have numerous kids by numerous baby mamas....none of which they are married to. Not to mention the numerous arrests indictments he's had just this year. Plus the feel good video of him burning a $100 bill at a nightclub earlier this year. How special that was for all the children that look up to him!!

I think paying for Joe's funeral is great, but don't kid yourself that he didn't want attention for it. If not, why announce it via Twitter?

He's no role model.....that's for damn sure.
    well said and couldn't agree more.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

The extreme winners of this world are usually not role models.To be one of the best at anything you usually have to be quite nutty to say the least.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    The extreme winners of this world are usually not role models.To be one of the best at anything you usually have to be quite nutty to say the least.
    It's strange to me how some guys can be notorious assholes, cheaters, cheap, etc and still be considered a role model by many ie Jordan, Tiger, Ali, even Kobe while others don't get that free pass. I guess he's just one of those guys that polarise people.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    It's strange to me how some guys can be notorious assholes, cheaters, cheap, etc and still be considered a role model by many ie Jordan, Tiger, Ali, even Kobe while others don't get that free pass. I guess he's just one of those guys that polarise people.
    one of the things i find so funny about floyd is

when people suggest that manny may have, or is, using peds....mannys defenders say "its conceivable he could make this jump without them...because he and floyd were the same weight in their teens....if you think manny might be on them...what about floyd then"

which in essence is saying....manny is just doing what floyd already did..only later.....yet so many are willing to heap praise on manny...while they demand more from floyd....they call manny an all time great yet ask why floyd hasnt fought so and so....or that floyd is real good fighter...but not an all time great

and you can see it interviews and those joke radio shows he calls in to defend himself.....people constantly try to take away from what hes done....his accomplishments....at the same time they act as if manny is the greatest thing ever and floyd is deathly afraid of him(trust me he is not).....when floyd is talked to with respect...he gives it back...ive seen some great interviews with him...where the interviewer was nice and respectful...and floyd gives it right back.....but then you get the guys who want to make some noise....so they start saying hes afraid....and they start trying to take away from his accomplishments....he gets offended and defends himself......hes proud of what hes accomplished

like i said before....roy, 'nard, and shane mosley...all great to very good fighters...but none of them were superstars...none of them could see the ppvs floyd does......none of them made it to the mainstream like floyd did....and floyd was destined for the same fate if he had stayed with arum....

you look at roy....the guy is still fighting...he got knocked out in russia a few months ago...he should be done...and hell be fighting a guy who is 14-5 soon.....which is sad......shane is still tryna fight.....cause he got taken in a divorce and now has a new woman to take care of.....'nard is the exception...hes done well and i think hes well financially....but in the end thats all that matters to floyd....financial security for the family...for generations.....and to do it he might have to turn a few people off and against him...so be it...he doesnt have to deal with them on a daily basis.....but i think he would like people to talk about what hes done in the ring with respect...instead of taking away from it and calling him a pussy and afraid

ApricotSinner32

Roy is still fighting because he owes the irs money. There was an article about it on boxingscene a few months ago.

And yes shane clearly sucked arum's dick to get a fight with manny. First bob said floyd would never fight shane mosley and that floyd only fights smaller guys. Than after floyd fought him arum said shane was over the hill. Before the margarito fight bob arum was saying we can't make mosley vs pacquiao because mosley is a shell of his former self and can't pull the trigger anymore..than arum makes the fight with mosley/pacquiao i think 1-2 weeks after the margo fight. Arum claimed that they tried to negotiate with floyd again after the margo fight yet mosley came out in an article and said all he had to do is sign with top rank and he had the fight basically. Shane said the deal was done basically right after the margarito fight. Than bob proceeds to promote pacquiao/mosley as a super fight and a 50/50 fight...meanwhile like i said was criticizing floyd for fighting him a year earlier saying shane was way past it.

Arum is a greedy ass jew.

And mosley shouldn't be able to fight anymore he's has the early stages of parkinsons for years now. Speaks like shit.
    Last edited by ApricotSinner32; 11-11-11 at 11:43 AM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Roy is still fighting because he owes the irs money. There was an article about it on boxingscene a few months ago.

And yes shane clearly sucked arum's dick to get a fight with manny. First bob said floyd would never fight shane mosley and that floyd only fights smaller guys. Than after floyd fought him arum said shane was over the hill. Before the margarito fight bob arum was saying we can't make mosley vs pacquiao because mosley is a shell of his former self and can't pull the trigger anymore..than arum makes the fight with mosley/pacquiao i think 1-2 weeks after the margo fight. Arum claimed that they tried to negotiate with floyd again after the margo fight yet mosley came out in an article and said all he had to do is sign with top rank and he had the fight basically. Shane said the deal was done basically right after the margarito fight. Than bob proceeds to promote pacquiao/mosley as a super fight and a 50/50 fight...meanwhile like i said was criticizing floyd for fighting him a year earlier saying shane was way past it.

Arum is a greedy ass jew.

And mosley shouldn't be able to fight anymore he's had the early stages of parkinsons for years now. Speaks like shit.
    yep....most of us know what arum is

and yeah that was my point about roy....its sad...the guy was a star....but he was never a superstar....because nobody bothered to market him...or he wasnt willing to take the route floyd is....at the end of the day though...what does it matter if a bunch of people you dont know, and you dont have to deal with, think you are an asshole....as long as they are interested in seeing you perform and are willing to pay to see it...as long as they are lining your pockets......

my fave was roach before floyd/shane "he wont stand in front of him...he has to get on his bike to beat shane".....when floyd does the exact opposite...stands in front of shane and beats the fuckin brakes off him roach says "floyds legs are gone" after the fight...lolol

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    Awesome is paying for it and not telling the world, tweeting to 1.875M followers is classless.

Classless? The man doesn't have to spend a penny and the public makes him out to be a bad guy. Paying for these funerals is CLASSY. LET HIM BRAG ABOUT IT. Do you see anyone else offering to pay? NO

ApricotSinner32

Fuzzy's translation = Do things exactly how i'd like you to or you're a bad guy.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Atleast he isnt on steriods

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Floyd paying for the last 2 funerals was pure class! Floyd is a great defensive fighter, and pacman will never get through his defense! i am going to tell you this i would lay 3-1 on Floyd when the fight does happen, he is just that damm good. A lot of you people think he is an ahole when it is all an act to sell ppv's! He is the one everyone wants to see lose, so he plays that persona, and you all eat it up. "i keeps a private jet" all meant to piss people off, and make them jealous! Give the man his due, and all you paccy lovers explain to me how in the hell he beats Floyd?

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Fuzzy's translation = Do things exactly how i'd like you to or you're a bad guy.
    I don't have any problem with Floyd the person, just the act of telling people about your charitable gesture is a scummy classless thing, no matter who had done it. The fact that this turned into a three page defense of Floyd the person though, speaks volumes.

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    children dont look up to him....they barely know who he is......

children dont pony up 60+ bucks for his fights in HD.....the videotaped burning of 100 bills isnt for the kids...its for the stupid...who think that shit is cool....you cant blame floyd for wanting stupid people to buy his fights....

you want to knock floyd about his kids and baby mothers....but pacquiao is a known adulterer....

like i said...the guy paid for a funeral of a guy that nobody else in this thread has ever even heard of.....with little fanfare...only that of hardcore fans

so whatever....typical though...many are blind to truth...especially about a sport they casually follow and get their info on from espn.....lets face it...you didnt even know who floyd was before 2007...

Who has never heard of Joe Frazier?

Anybody on a sports forum that has never heard of Smokin Joe Frazier should be shot.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty107 View Post
    Who has never heard of Joe Frazier?

Anybody on a sports forum that has never heard of Smokin Joe Frazier should be shot.
    yer an idiot....go through and read the thread again

floyd paid for the funeral of genaro hernandez...the man floyd won his first world title from.....as i stated in the thread....and did so with little fanfare....cause most of have never heard of genaro

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

yer an idiot....go through and read the thread again

floyd paid for the funeral of genaro hernandez...the man floyd won his first world title from.....as i stated in the thread....and did so with little fanfare....cause most of have never heard of genaro

My fault.

No need to get angry fukface.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

good on floyd money.

ApricotSinner32

Arum is telling the media that marquez poses more of a threat to pacquiao than mayweather

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

floyd doesnt mind looking like the villlain...it lines his pockets and he knows it....deep down hes a good guy with a good heart
    No hes not. Hes doing it so fukks like you buy that. Floyd is a ******* dick period. He has no good in his heart.

First 123