milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Anyone else use Spotify?

this service is awesome, for free you can play almost any song you want. set up a playlist and always have some great background music while you are on the computer.

my favorites:
    elvis
    hall&oates
    avril lavigne
    38special
    reo speedwagon
    paramore

too many others to list

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

never used it.. can't imagine it being better than Pandora though

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Avril .....really?

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    It really is, it's basically like if iTunes where free and you went on a shopping spree. You can create as many playlists as you want, see your Facebook friends public lists, stream from your phone if you subscribe. My only negative so far is no Metallica, no Beatles....yet.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Pandora is totally different, and really spotify is way more useful. It's like having an infinite music collection at your fingertips.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Avril Lavigne ??

milwaukee mike

hey i have a thing for teenage girls, sorry. her songs make me think of her vampire teeth on my rooster, might hurt but it would be worth it

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Pandora is good if you want to just hear random songs from artist you like. Spotify let's you listen to whole albums. So you can just pick the songs you like to buy and not buy the whole album. Spotify is definitely worth downloading.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Pandora is good if you want to just hear random songs from artist you like. Spotify let's you listen to whole albums. So you can just pick the songs you like to buy and not buy the whole album. Spotify is definitely worth downloading.
    pick the songs you like to BUY?

i don't want to buy music, that's why i use free spotify. some artists/songs are still missing (can't get adele "someone like you" for example) but the vast majority of stuff i look for is on spotify.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

i tried it once they came out with the iphone app but i found they were missing some artists i wanted like the eagles and pink floyd.I like grooveshark much better, its the same thing as spotify but they have a better selection of what i want to hear. problem is if you want it on an iphone it has to be jailbroken. once the unteathered jailbreak is out for ios 5 i will get it again on my phone

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by patswin View Post
    i tried it once they came out with the iphone app but i found they were missing some artists i wanted like the eagles and pink floyd.I like grooveshark much better, its the same thing as spotify but they have a better selection of what i want to hear. problem is if you want it on an iphone it has to be jailbroken. once the unteathered jailbreak is out for ios 5 i will get it again on my phone
    Came in to see if anyone mentioned Grooveshark. It's great but ya, being in FLASH you are limited. Spotify won't work in Costa Rica and some other countries but GS will.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

funny list

reo speedwagon underrated, not sure if I was alive when they played but started listening to oldies once at work and like there stuff.

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    pick the songs you like to BUY?

i don't want to buy music, that's why i use free spotify. some artists/songs are still missing (can't get adele "someone like you" for example) but the vast majority of stuff i look for is on spotify.
    I know spotify is free. The only downside is that you dont actually download any of the music (unless you pay for the premium service). I buy some songs because then I can put them on my ipod and listen to them away from a computer. I travel a good bit for work. So need portable music. My point is that I can now listen to the whole album before buying anything and then only buy the songs I like.

FuzzyDunlop

I know spotify is free. The only downside is that you dont actually download any of the music (unless you pay for the premium service). I buy some songs because then I can put them on my ipod and listen to them away from a computer. I travel a good bit for work. So need portable music. My point is that I can now listen to the whole album before buying anything and then only buy the songs I like.
    If you pay, you can stream on mobile devices. Everything is in the cloud.

milwaukee mike

ok that makes sense. i guess i just assume everyone has an iphone or other phone that is always connected to the internet.

why can't your work pay for iphone/android? then just pay the $10/month and listen to everything...

ouman101

I have an iphone, but unfortunately my work doesn't pay for it. It would be nice though. Plus you can't get internet on the plane and I go to Canada a fair amount, and I can't use internet there. They charge you out the ass for foreign data roaming.

FuzzyDunlop

milwaukee mike

I have an iphone, but unfortunately my work doesn't pay for it. It would be nice though. Plus you can't get internet on the plane and I go to Canada a fair amount, and I can't use internet there. They charge you out the ass for foreign data roaming.
    good to know. so if i took my phone to canada/mexico, would it warn me first or just start charging once i went online?
    i'm pretty sure i would check the scores without even thinking twice

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

good to know. so if i took my phone to canada/mexico, would it warn me first or just start charging once i went online?
    i'm pretty sure i would check the scores without even thinking twice
    It will let you know. As soon as I cross into Canada I get a nice little text message that says, data will be 15.67/MB

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    TRUE, I forgot I had read that. I might need to look into getting that.