Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Kevin Durant Playing Flag Football, Bad Ass

If the NBA lockout didn't forbid it, officials of the Oklahoma City Thunder no doubt would be on the phone screaming at Kevin Durant this morning. That's because the NBA's two-time scoring champion risked his multi-million dollar knees last night in an intramural game of flag football at Oklahoma State.

And everyone, especially Durant, had a very good time.

The Daily Oklahoman tells the story of a lockout-bored Durant getting an invitation to pop down to Stillwater and wear his No. 35 for the Sigma Nu squad. And the PistolsFiringblog.com has a slew of photos of Durant mixing it up on the field and with the 500 spectators who quickly gathered when word about the surprise appearance spread.

Durant played quarterback and defensive back as the Halloween crowd surely had to wonder if someone was masquerading as the NBA star, until he scored four touchdowns and made three picks.

Only downside was that Sigma Nu eventually had to forfeit, for using a ringer. But that's not a bad tradeoff for getting to play alongside Durant for one night.

Here's a YouTube of Durant going into the end zone. Durant had 3 picks and 4 TD's double threat

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

“This lockout is really boring..anybody playing flag football in Okc..I need to run around or something!”

George Overbey, a member of Sigma Nu, saw the tweet after class and decided to Tweet back at his favorite player, not expecting a response.

“About five minutes later I get a retweet from him,” Overbey said. “He goes, ‘Can you play?’ And I go, ‘Can you catch?’”

Through direct message, specifics were drawn out and numbers were exchanged. And there Durant was, outside of Overbey’s house, ready to put on his Sigma Nu 35 KD jersey.

“He picked me and my buddy up,” Overbey said. “He’s got a big, big van. He didn’t have a limo…When his car pulled up to my house, I was like, ‘this is really happening.’

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

This guy is a stud...hopefully the NBA gets this lookout figured out. We need the NBA. The NFL is better to watch but killing my bankroll...

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This kid is becoming my favorite professional athlete, if he isn't already. He's the man and a class act

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Pretty cool dude was bored and wanted to run around. Dumbass NBA

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

KD is the man.

Anyone seen those videos on youtube of one of his neighbors who films him all the time?

KD yarns to him and stuff