zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

need opinions on if I should hedge on Game 7....

ok...this should be a no brainer....but being we are all gamblers here, thought I'd throw this question out.

I have a series bet on the Rangers (which I feel is now toast in all honesty BUT the Rangers bats are more alive IMO than the Cardinals....TEX was smoking balls left and right last night, even when they were making outs they were balls that were roped. the Cards also used up the entire bullpen) so you have Carp going on 3 days rest with an absolutely SPENT bullpen going up against a hot hitting line dangerous line up. if Carp can't give STL a quality start...they could be in a world of trouble.

so heres the deal I have Rangers series bet at -160, but I have a free play in my account that I can hedge the entire bet with if I take the Cards. seems like a no brainer, right? automatic cash in the pocket no matter what. or be a degen gambler and let it ride, hope the Rangers cash and still have a free play in my back pocket......

I'd also be eating quite a bit a juice on both sides too which kind of blows...but still...the hedge bet would be coming from a free play.

zoo youk

well shit thanks ....lol....

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Rangers -150 and it sucks since they are a dog tonight.

Not sure what I will do , may hedge some out or put more on them.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    I have Rangers -150 and it sucks since they are a dog tonight.

Not sure what I will do , may hedge some out or put more on them.
    yeah I feel you. the only reason I am hedging with the juice is cause its a free play, other wise I would be letting it ride. I still think Cardinals are at a big disadvantage tonight pitching wise. they are toast if Carp gets in trouble earlier. and remember the last game St Louis had an offensive out burst? they than proceeded to go something like 1-18 with RISP the next 2 games. Meanwhile the Rangers are just crushing balls.

zoo youk

I think I am almost talking myself into laying more on Texas.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Hedge the damn thing. Game 7 can go either way, history should tell you that. I can't believe anyone says they have found the angle in this game, there isn't one.

My head says Texas wins tonight, but I've been rooting for STL the entire way and every time I thought they were done...they came through.

No side or total bet for me, just a couple props to keep it interesting (like I really need that to keep it interesting)

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Only hedge if theres value unless theres huge money on the line.

If you have Texas -160 and tonight your getting Cards -135 thats horrible odds so probably not worth the hedge in my opinion.

pokernut9999

The bright side is Texas has not lost back to back games in a couple of months.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    Only hedge if theres value unless theres huge money on the line.

If you have Texas -160 and tonight your getting Cards -135 thats horrible odds so probably not worth the hedge in my opinion.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

unless you bet alot of cash i would just let it ride, like the guy above said its probably not worth the hedge with all the juice

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I have a ton on Texas for the series and I was thinking the same way you are. I think Texas has almost no shot tonight, but would feel like sHit if they won and I hedged the whole thing for a net loss.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Sdotbold View Post
    unless you bet alot of cash i would just let it ride, like the guy above said its probably not worth the hedge with all the juice
    i took it for half. and ONLY cause it was in free play, otherwise no way im payin juice to start the series and close it lol

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Hedge the damn thing. Game 7 can go either way, history should tell you that. I can't believe anyone says they have found the angle in this game, there isn't one.

My head says Texas wins tonight, but I've been rooting for STL the entire way and every time I thought they were done...they came through.

No side or total bet for me, just a couple props to keep it interesting (like I really need that to keep it interesting)
    thanks man. this kept me in check from being a degen and let me cash.