wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder how many points Houston would score on Alabama?

I know alabama would pound them, but Just for fun I wonder how many they can put up on a great defense. That offense is lethal. I really wish they would play someone to see how good they really are though..

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Houston would get killed by a really good team. Just like when they ran the run and shoot in the 90's they had huge stats but got killed when they played anybody good.

A team like Boise St would easily beat them.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Houston's defense is pretty bad and they would lose but there offense would score a decent amount of points on even the good D's like Alabama's

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Boise wouldn't easily beat them that game could be 70-63 either way

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Houston would score 45 on bama

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Houston's defense is pretty bad and they would lose but there offense would score a decent amount of points on even the good D's like Alabama's
    i agree. houston would lose to alabama 34 to 59

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

24 points. They would get overpowered @ line of scrimmage, subsequently being worn down in latter stages of game.

TexansFan

Trust me, I've lived in Houston since 1966 and have followed the Coogs all the way from their SWC days up until now. The Coogs have shown over the years that whenever they play a really good team they can't keep up with them.

I remember the run and shoot days with Pardee, they were undefeated going up against Miami, feeling good about themselves, and Miami handed their asses to them.

Say what you want about Boise St., they would beat Houston handily. Alabama would destroy the Cougars.

People that don't watch this team on a consistent basis get all excited when they see them beat a crappy Rice team like they did. Who have they played this year? Nobody.

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Trust me, I've lived in Houston since 1966 and have followed the Coogs all the way from their SWC days up until now. The Coogs have shown over the years that whenever they play a really good team they can't keep up with them. I remember the run and shoot days with Pardee, they were undefeated going up against Miami, feeling good about themselves, and Miami handed their asses to them. Say what you want about Boise St., they would beat Houston handily. Alabama would destroy the Cougars. People that don't watch this team on a consistent basis get all excited when they see them beat a crappy Rice team like they did. Who have they played this year? Nobody.
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Quit comparing different eras. This Houston team went in a beat Oklahoma St. when they were #5 in the nation on the road. That alone voids your arguement that they can't keep up with a good team. Houston has a better offense then Boise St. Boise States receivers are garbage. Give me a damn break. We both play the same suck ass competition and our offense is CLEARLY better. They are going to lose to TCU so they'll go play in the Humanitarian Bowl. Houston is going to a BCS game this year and going to beat a good team.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

dub your homerism is hysterical. rice would probably lose to some texas hs teams. i like watching your teams offense but get real.

against bama i think bama would score every time pretty much and keep the offense off the field for houston. houston would get a few scores by nature but it wouldnt be very competitive.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Lmao... you beat rice... take it easy, they ain't going to a bcs game either... they would be lucky to hit double digits on bama

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

see Oregon vs Ohio St and LSU

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

7 points.

And I'm a huge Keenum/Houston fan.

But they can't compete against a legit defense.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB07 View Post
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Quit comparing different eras. This Houston team went in a beat Oklahoma St. when they were #5 in the nation on the road. That alone voids your arguement that they can't keep up with a good team. Houston has a better offense then Boise St. Boise States receivers are garbage. Give me a damn break. We both play the same suck ass competition and our offense is CLEARLY better. They are going to lose to TCU so they'll go play in the Humanitarian Bowl. Houston is going to a BCS game this year and going to beat a good team.
    LOL. If Houston does get a BCS invite (which would be a sham and screw someone who really deserves it) then they would lose by 3 TD's.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I am not sure, but I hope we get the chance to see them in a Bowl game if they remain purrr-fect.

priskilla22

Houston/UCLA was a pretty even game talent wise... and UCLA has shown themselves to be atrocious. A very bad sign for Houston.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Houston has averaged 60 PPG in their last 5 games. Holy hell.

I think they'd lay 21 on Alabama.

priskilla22

Houston is much worse than you guys think. Houston would only score 21 on Alabama if Alabama went into prevent b/c they were up 69-0.

Houston played probably one of the two or worst 3 teams from a major conference (UCLA) and barely won.

If they were in any of the major conferences, they'd probably not even make it to a bowl.

If they do make it to a real bowl this year, take the free money on the opponent. Vegas won't be able to set that line high enough.

priskilla22

The biggest bet I've ever placed is on Georgia -10 against Hawaii. Was free money, and I'm hoping the same scenario happens with Houston.

TexansFan

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB07 View Post
    I don't have a clue? Please kiddo, step away from the keyboard. Houston can't beat a good team, sorry if you went to U of H. Houston will be in the Liberty Bowl playing the 8th seed from the SEC.

BCS bowl?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

3 words: line of scrimmage

Alabama defense will push them backwards every play and the QB won't have a pocket to throw from.

TexansFan

BCS bowl, f\*\*k, I can't stop laughing. An undefeated Houston will still rank behind most one-loss teams from major conferences, and definitely behind an unranked Boise St team.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    The biggest bet I've ever placed is on Georgia -10 against Hawaii. Was free money, and I'm hoping the same scenario happens with Houston.

That exact game came to mind from a few years back.

The Houstons, Hawaiis and Texas Techs (under Leach) are fun to watch and run up numbers on the 40+ short range dump attempts per game but these all happen against not so great defenses. I'm sure the Cougs would get their plays in a few times but not to the tune of 35pts + or even close.

TexansFan

I'm still laughing!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Houston would score 45 on bama
    More like mid 20s maybe 30 on a great day problem would be bama would drop mid 60s on that sorry ass defense. Cougs would be lucky to hit 20 on Lsu

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Lol, 10

coanwe
    coanwe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7297

lol..thought you were all talking about the Texans.....Bama would beat them too!!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Alabama would win 53-24 or somewhere around there.

TexansFan

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    That exact game came to mind from a few years back.

The Houstons, Hawaiis and Texas Techs (under Leach) are fun to watch and run up numbers on the 40+ short range dump attempts per game but these all happen against not so great defenses. I'm sure the Cougs would get their plays in a few times but not to the tune of 35pts + or even close.
    Bama would destroy Houston.

TexansFan

Quote Originally Posted by coanwe View Post
    lol..thought you were all talking about the Texans.....Bama would beat them too!!
    Now you're being dumb. Alabama isn't beating the Colts.

TexansFan

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Now you're being dumb. Alabama isn't beating the Colts.
    They would if it's the last game of the season and Colts are 0-15.

TexansFan

No college team is beating an NFL team.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I say Houston scores 20.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

13 points max

12 Last