PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Lost a lot of respect for Nelson Cruz tonight

The World Fukking Series Championship is on the line, at the tip of your glove...
    And YOU JOG, kind of DRIFT back and then pull up short of the wall because you're scared to run into the wall??

Someone needs to tell him the wall is PADDED. How in God's name do you not SPRINT your ass off and jump and crash into the wall to make that play????? Unreal. That was one of the biggest pussy plays I've seen in baseball in a longggg time. With the World Series on the line makes it 1,000X worse. I used to love the guy, but the effort on that play given the situation makes me sick

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

no one is talking about that play. but it was a huge fukk up. you are right. he makes that catch they win.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

it was a tough catch, give the dude a break. Besides, he gave my day a great finale.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    no one is talking about that play. but it was a huge fukk up. you are right. he makes that catch they win.
    I agree. When I saw him running towards it, I thought he had a beat on it and timed it well. Sure enough, I couldn't believe it when the ball was away from his glove. I nearly fell on the floor because my I couldn't feel my legs.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

sort of agree, tough play but the effort wasnt Word Series worthy.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

the way he had a beat on it was almost dave parker esque...looked like he had it measured and then he missed it by 3 ft...OMG!!..gotta make that play..that was as bad as crawford for the red sox when they got eliminated.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

disgusting play and effort

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    it was a tough catch, give the dude a break. Besides, he gave my day a great finale.
    I would give you this in a regular season game. But with the World Series championship up in the air for you to grab???

Isn't this the time where you're supposed to run faster than you ever have before and bust your ass to catch that ball? Watch the replay you can clearly see him jogging and not even running hard thinking he has a play on the ball. Then he does a half jump like 5 ft in front of the wall and misses the ball and the ball hits off the base of the fence. WTF!!! Sooo unnacceptable. Would've much rather seen him crash into the wall, miss the ball, and let Freese get an inside the park home run... at least the effort would've been there

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

he pulled his hamstring, still should of caught the ball

anyway cant sleep

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

was kind of surprised that he didn't make that play.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    he pulled his hamstring, still should of caught the ball anyway cant sleep
    If that's true then shouldn't Washington have put in a defensive replacement with a 2-run lead in the 9th? I guess it is Ron Washington though

Man I can only imagine how you feel. I'd never wish what happened to Rangers fans tonight on any fan. Absolutely brutal!! At least you still have hope, keep the faith!

mh217

NO HOPE...and now to quote the aliens from independence day..NOO PEACEE...rangers lost this.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

He or his manager HAS TO KNOW, for him to play deeper then deep. He should be on the ******* warning track. Two outs. Man on first and 2nd. you are up 2. You don't care about the one run. You want to stop the ******* 1st basemen from scoring. If you play everyone deep. Keep everything in front of you. That is going to happen.
    Terrible job by Ron Washington. Terrible job.

mh217

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    he or his manager has to know, for him to play deeper then deep. He should be on the ******* warning track. Two outs. Man on first and 2nd. You are up 2. You don't care about the one run. You want to stop the ******* 1st basemen from scoring. If you play everyone deep. Keep everything in front of you. That is going to happen. Terrible job by ron washington. Terrible job.
    cruz cruised back and nonchalanted it...he simply blew the catch..cant blame cokeboy.

mh217

by the way i dont think you cant respect cruz for his D...only reason i respect him is his offense.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

That play was not managements fault.

CRUZ was in position. He is a pussy like most MLB athletes. He will get paid whether he misses a catch that Manny f_ucking Ramirez can make or not.

Fact is, this was the big stage and CRUZ didn't want to get bruised or get dirt on his jersey. Oh well. Now his team is in position to lose.

If I was CRUZ i'd fake an injury.

I'd pretend I pulled a muscle trying to catch an easy fly ball against the wall. That might excuse my lack of heart, if I was CRUZ.

mh217

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    That play was not managements fault. CRUZ was in position. He is a pussy like most MLB athletes. He will get paid whether he misses a catch that Manny f_ucking Ramirez can make or not. Fact is, this was the big stage and CRUZ didn't want to get bruised or get dirt on his jersey. Oh well. Now his team is in position to lose. If I was CRUZ i'd fake an injury. I'd pretend I pulled a muscle trying to catch an easy fly ball against the wall. That might excuse my lack of heart, if I was CRUZ.
    yep but ur from harvard and he's community college ..so give him a break

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    He or his manager HAS TO KNOW, for him to play deeper then deep. He should be on the ******* warning track. Two outs. Man on first and 2nd. you are up 2. You don't care about the one run. You want to stop the ******* 1st basemen from scoring. If you play everyone deep. Keep everything in front of you. That is going to happen. Terrible job by Ron Washington. Terrible job.
    You're completely right. Gotta be playing deeper than normal there to prevent the ball over your head to score 2 runs. Just like the first and third basemen need to guard the lines

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    by the way i dont think you cant respect cruz for his D...only reason i respect him is his offense.
    I've actually seen Cruz make some decent defensive plays before. I've seen him make at least one nice leaping grab at the wall... and he has a cannon for an arm

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

That fuk'in shit was all staged! He blew that catch on purpose! This series is all about the money and was going to 7 games all along! Players and owners of course, get big fuk'in cash to run the series up to seven sell outs! One game decides it all tonight! The Cardinals want it more, they'll win it at home!

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Tough catch but make able. shades of bill Buckner and donnie Morre.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a Texas goat forever

His HR's meant nothing now

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

They guys on ESPN Latin America said it, that Cruz could have catch the damn ball!

But in fact no one will ever remember this play if the damn Texas Rangers could have done the job! Like no one will remember some stupid plays by Cards, like Holliday being caught at 3rd!

In any case I agree that Cruz could have done it! Unreal, seems like the team didn't know this is the WS!

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

They were playin no double, prolly shoulda played no triple

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

If he goes all out and hitsthe wall but does still not make the catch they lose in the 9th instead of extra innings. Either way it was a great fcking game. 1 of the best I have ever seen.

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Texas still has a good shot at winning this

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Cruz doesn't have any gold gloves and cost the rangers a game with that half ass sliding missed catch in the cards 3-2 victory. So anything more difficult than a pop up I expect Cruz to fuk up. He is Juan gonzalez jr, a pulled something waiting to happen. The true all or nothing player. Home run, strikeout, or pulled hammy. Good theatre no matter how you slice him.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    That fuk'in shit was all staged! He blew that catch on purpose! This series is all about the money and was going to 7 games all along! Players and owners of course, get big fuk'in cash to run the series up to seven sell outs! One game decides it all tonight! The Cardinals want it more, they'll win it at home!
    It was staged

I'm sure MLB officials pulled him to the side right before taking the field in the 9th & said 'Hey Nelson be ready, we're gonna have Feliz put two guys on & then w/ two outs we're gonna have Freese hit a ball slightly over your head. We want you to go back on it but not to catch it ok?? Make sure you almost catch it though. It's all about the $$ Nelson. Don't fugg this UP, we need a game 7.'

There are some seriously ignorant people in this world!!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

agree when i saw the ball in the air i was thinking what a great way to end the series making a catch crashing into the wall. very disgusting display. i remember a play when the yankees beat the braves in the 90s where charlie hayes went falling into the dugout on a foul ball in the 9th inning, he didnt make the play but i remember thinking thats what kinda effort should be givin with a world series on the line.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

John Kruk made a great point... he said it should have been an inside the park homerun because there should have been a hole in the wall from cruz running through it....

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

reminded me as yankee fan of Bobby Abreu back at the wall and cowering in fear. maybe it's a Domican thing.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

scratch that Abreu from Venezuela

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

That wasn't that hard a catch. I've seen the same play made when I was in the Little league WS, in HS, and in college. With the position he had on the ball, there is no excuse for him to not catch that.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I for one 100% agree......can the man not run full speed................I mean for fuckks sake risk your body and jump into a wall for once

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

it was pretty ******* weak......the effort was almost a joke....

12 Last