doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

UCONN out of 2013 March Madness

According to ESPN if NCAA gets their way (and it looks very likely) UCONN won't be able to go to the dance if they were a qualifying team for the 2013 tourney d/t a bunch of literally dumb. asses. on their previous teams not doing well enough in school.

I love my boys but damnit this is a bunch of crap. Hit the books. From what I've read into it you don't even have to be a straight A student to qualify..C's will get you there..they miss Okafor and his blocks and smarts.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The whole student athlete thing is overrated.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

So except everyone to go pro after this year... I still thought uconn had a year to get their grades up

doylfish

from what the article says, teams have to make an average APR score of 900 over four years and 930 over two..they are using the 09/10, 10/11 season scores which were absolutely terrible in 09/10 @826 and that's what's gonna kill them..only chance I guess is if they start counting from only last year

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

um. you thought players had to get A's to play. All you need is a 2.0. 74 percent. and lets be honest, kids who play bball, are not taking hard classes. they aint taking calculus,that is 4 shure.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    um. you thought players had to get A's to play. All you need is a 2.0. 74 percent. and lets be honest, kids who play bball, are not taking hard classes. they aint taking calculus,that is 4 shure.
    not at UCONN at least lmao

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

They need easier classes. They can all get a's. Or just get someone to take tests for them. They are not there to be students, so let's get that straight.

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

DUKE Graduates 100% most in 3 years.

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    no that's my point, i'm saying it's not they are looking for or expecting the guys to get all A's. C's will do it.

the other thing is, UCONN women's team is the exact opposite, they lead the board every year with them and standford flip-flopping for best academic team. have the women tutor the men haha.