Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

How much money should I dump on the Rangers tonight?

Already have 120 on them.

Should i put $360 more?

Baseball men chime in

Points awarded for good explanations

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Cardinals.

Zig zag theory

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I like Cards

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I would say Game 5 is a normal play (maybe a bit more) type of game. Hard to disagree with the Rangers play with them being at home, last game of the season in Arlington, stud lefty on the hill that's looking for postseason redemption. Hamilton looked better last night in terms of moving around, which is a great sight for Rangers fans and backers. I have a hard time believing that Carpenter can go all postseason without getting slapped around and CJ Wilson can go all postseason pitching like hell. Holliday and Berkman haven't looked great all series, so pitch around Pujols and make someone else beat you. If you like the Rangers, one unit. If you love the Rangers, 2 units.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave VegasInsider 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Cardinals. Zig zag theory
    zig zag theories always come to an end in nba finals.

see lakers/boston. was a zig zag until game 5 (boston wins)

miami/dallas. was a zig zag until game 5 (dallas wins)

what about baseball?

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Home team usually defends home turf in the 2-3-2 scenario. I don't know the statistics, but it seems from recent memory that winning one on the road for all the marbles has been the case (if Rangers win, that's the case this year too)

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

i say over. both pitchers have seen the hitters already, cards wont get blanked and the rangers should score some on carpy.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cj wilson is trash take carp+

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

cj wilson at home is 8-2 with 3.69
    night games 11-5

carpenter 7-6 on road with a 3.85
    slight edge to wilson
    this game is huge to texas, they dont want to go back down 3-2. oddsmakers know something. Carpenter should be a pickem but they arent. If it wasnt for that huge blowup with errors the rangers would be looking to end this right now.
    i love texas tonight
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave wtt0315 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

if the place you are betting at has a live line that would be your best chance...watch the game and make a solid play during it....if that isnt an option i would say over, you have seen what the offenses can produce at this ballpark, plus now hitters getting a second look at the same pitchers and even 3rd looks at relievers..big edge to offense in my opinion.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Took the Cards, I think Carp pitches okay tonight, he doesn't have to lights out, the Cards are 4-0 with Carp on the mound.

CJ Wilson is the problem, last three outings dude has giving up 13 walks, including 6 on wednesday against the Cards. That happens tonight it might get ugly. Wilson era for the playoffs is over 7.

I would think the Rangers ace would be a bigger favorite if he was pitching like their ace.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Took the Cards, I think Carp pitches okay tonight, he doesn't have to lights out, the Cards are 4-0 with Carp on the mound. CJ Wilson is the problem, last three outings dude has giving up 13 walks, including 6 on wednesday against the Cards. That happens tonight it might get ugly. Wilson era for the playoffs is over 7. I would think the Rangers ace would be a bigger favorite if he was pitching like their ace.
    If WIlson is so bad and Carpenter is undefeated in the playoffs and only lost 2 in his whole postseason career why are the cardinals underdogs? Didn't carpenter only win by 1 run in STL under pitching conditions? How will he win today if he could barely pull of a W in a much easier stadium?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    cj wilson at home is 8-2 with 3.69
    night games 11-5

carpenter 7-6 on road with a 3.85
    slight edge to wilson
    this game is huge to texas, they dont want to go back down 3-2. oddsmakers know something. Carpenter should be a pickem but they arent. If it wasnt for that huge blowup with errors the rangers would be looking to end this right now.
    i love texas tonight

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's Game 5. Historically, Game 5s are the best to go all-in on because then when you lose, you can reload for Game 6 and chase hard and then reload for a potential Game 7.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I would say Game 5 is a normal play (maybe a bit more) type of game. Hard to disagree with the Rangers play with them being at home, last game of the season in Arlington, stud lefty on the hill that's looking for postseason redemption. Hamilton looked better last night in terms of moving around, which is a great sight for Rangers fans and backers. I have a hard time believing that Carpenter can go all postseason without getting slapped around and CJ Wilson can go all postseason pitching like hell. Holliday and Berkman haven't looked great all series, so pitch around Pujols and make someone else beat you. If you like the Rangers, one unit. If you love the Rangers, 2 units.

Berkman is 7 for 15 in the series.

That is pretty great in my book

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    It's Game 5. Historically, Game 5s are the best to go all-in on because then when you lose, you can reload for Game 6 and chase hard and then reload for a potential Game 7.

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

CJ isn't terrible, its just Ron Washington lets him get in a hole. If its the 6th inning with 1 run aboard and he just gave up a walk and a hit with one out. Pull his @$$....he can be a bum sometimes. Barbie doll looking @$$

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If WIlson is so bad and Carpenter is undefeated in the playoffs and only lost 2 in his whole postseason career why are the cardinals underdogs? Didn't carpenter only win by 1 run in STL under pitching conditions? How will he win today if he could barely pull of a W in a much easier stadium?
    Not saying Wilson is a bad pitcher, I would say he is not as sharp as he was or could be. During the regular season do you bet for the pitcher that has lost 2 in a row to turn it around? I usually bet against a pitcher until he proves otherwise.

the 3-2 win in game one, Cards left 16 on base, so with timely hitting which they didn't get it could have gotten out of hand.

Goat just giving you food for thought bro, and just my ideas on the game. In the end who the hell knows, best of luck tonight.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave stikymess 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Cards win tonight

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got like 3k on the Ranger plus around 750 sbr point on the Ranger ML parlay with Baltimore.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Cards ace pitcher is getting +118. Books aren't given away free cash.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt360 View Post
    I got like 3k on the Ranger plus around 750 sbr point on the Ranger ML parlay with Baltimore.
    baller

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Berkman is 7 for 15 in the series.

That is pretty great in my book
    Yes, 7 for 15 but only one extra base hit, 2 RBI's and has left some runners on base when they needed to be knocked in. I'm still not sure how he's gotten 7 hits, he's looked very antsy at the plate all series.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Wouldn't dump anything on them imo

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

Goat,

You gotta love the Little Red Shoe Rangers, just because they are at home, CJ is good at home, they want the WS because of last year, just bet the Rangers and count your money in about 4 hours.
    Weather is great here 81, winds are CALM.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    Goat, You gotta love the Little Red Shoe Rangers, just because they are at home, CJ is good at home, they want the WS because of last year, just bet the Rangers and count your money in about 4 hours. Weather is great here 81, winds are CALM.
    lets try not to be a homer here

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

the 3-2 win in game one, Cards left 16 on base, so with timely hitting which they didn't get it could have gotten out of hand.
    16 LOB??

Not sure I'm right......but that number seems awfully high? I thought they had left about half that??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    lets try not to be a homer here
    Thanks Trickster.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

$200

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Texas wins this game st Lou wins the next one and game 7 is a slugfest...........

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took the Cards, I think Carp pitches okay tonight, he doesn't have to lights out, the Cards are 4-0 with Carp on the mound.

CJ Wilson is the problem, last three outings dude has giving up 13 walks, including 6 on wednesday against the Cards. That happens tonight it might get ugly. Wilson era for the playoffs is over 7.

I would think the Rangers ace would be a bigger favorite if he was pitching like their ace.

HUH? Carp is pithcing like their ace and he was -125 at home, Rangers Ace is awful in the playoffs you say yet he is -130. I don't get what you are saying

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not saying Wilson is a bad pitcher, I would say he is not as sharp as he was or could be. During the regular season do you bet for the pitcher that has lost 2 in a row to turn it around? I usually bet against a pitcher until he proves otherwise.

Goat just giving you food for thought bro, and just my ideas on the game. In the end who the hell knows, best of luck tonight.

I count on the boxscore 11 left on for STL with about 5 in scoring position

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

gotta go rangers in this one, but realize this game is a coin flip...wouldn't recommend a big bet on this game but hey if you think you got a edge with the rangers do what you gotta do...

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

If it aint broke then dont fix it. Saying that Carpanter is due to be smacked around is financially fatalistic more times than not..

12 Last