Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

SC Gamecock QB Garcia Shaving Points?

Did anyone hear any rumors about South Carolina's QB Garcia being dismissed from team due to suspicion of point shaving?

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Haven't heard this one...

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

A starting QB in the SEC shaving points?? Do you have any clue how much these kids get paid by boosters and the school? Theres a reason the only people shaving points play for shit schools in d-2 and d-3.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard it was because he partied way too much however, I wouldn't be shocked if he was shaving points. I mean the Az. St. scandal back in 94 range as well as the Ohio football team scandal a few years back pretty much makes this a possibility.

PickSix
    PickSix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6348

I sure believe that SC was point shaving last week against miss st. Jeez, that safety was a killer. Put me on tilt all day!!!!

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    A starting QB in the SEC shaving points?? Do you have any clue how much these kids get paid by boosters and the school? Theres a reason the only people shaving points play for shit schools in d-2 and d-3.
    Well, undoubtedly you're right, and what the hell do I know, but I read what seemed a respectable article at eog.com written by David Glison. He is claiming that Garcia is being dismissed for various things, but underlying it all could be credible allegations of point shaving. Go onto this site and read the article and see what you think. I'll bet BigBoyDan probably was reading the same article.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

So far it is all speculation. Last qb I can recall that was on the take was Nate Davis for Ball St in his final bowl game vs. Tulsa. Was told by some heavy hitters to bang Tulsa. Line dropped and Davis turned the ball over all game.

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

No point shaving. He just wanted to fukk up the prick.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I haven't read the article, but I'd be stunned if it were true. Garcia wasn't good enough to shave points and I'm a South Carolina fan.

He was dismissed because he failed a drug test. And because after the loss to Auburn, the OBC had decided to go to Shaw. Garcia was expendable.

My personal opinion is that if Garcia had been playing good football and the Gamecocks were still undefeated, those drug screen results would never have seen the light of day.

Doc

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nonsense. He was so bad SC never had a chance covering the spread unless it was pk.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Bello View Post
    Did anyone hear any rumors about South Carolina's QB Garcia being dismissed from team due to suspicion of point shaving?
    How about he was dismissed for being drunk over and over again?

What about that one? The 5 infractions and 6th test positive for alcohol and (rumored) marijuana.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

what games are in question?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    what games are in question?
    Navy and Auburn come to mind

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    How about he was dismissed for being drunk over and over again?

What about that one? The 5 infractions and 6th test positive for alcohol and (rumored) marijuana.
    Hey NCSU, are those 2 lobsters fighting in your avatar? WTF

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    I haven't read the article, but I'd be stunned if it were true. Garcia wasn't good enough to shave points and I'm a South Carolina fan. He was dismissed because he failed a drug test. And because after the loss to Auburn, the OBC had decided to go to Shaw. Garcia was expendable. My personal opinion is that if Garcia had been playing good football and the Gamecocks were still undefeated, those drug screen results would never have seen the light of day. Doc