jmathes
    jmathes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

ACC Referee Caught Cheating on Video

This video absolutely makes me sick to my stomach and feel there needs to be an immediate investigation of the NCAA. I know there will always be corruption in sports but this is blatant and completely unacceptable.

"ACC ref in FSU / Wake football game sliding ball closer to first down. Caught on camera. Play still resulted in a 4th down. Wake got stood up on a 4th down run play but somehow the ball was spotted as a first down… "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqANJ...layer_embedded

"ACC refs are notorious for their bad calls in every sport on a weekly basis. It’s not something I have to point at for Florida State fans or any other fan in the ACC. However, what happened during the FSU-Wake Forest game on Saturday is uncalled for. In the video below, it is clear that the ref is attempting to move the football closer to the first down line as a couple of other refs are measuring to see if it is a first down. It was Wake Forest’s possession and the ref actually moved the ball a few inches forward, trying to go unnoticed. Despite the ref’s attempt, the ball was still short of a first down.
    Moving the ball a few inches isn’t going to cost a team the game, however, it is the principle of what he did that really bothers myself and other football fans. I’m not going to point fingers and say this is why FSU lost; because it isn’t. However, ACC refs continue to showcase one poor performance after another. If you recall, there was an initial report following the FSU-Clemson game that claimed the ACC refs admitted to missing 7 calls that went against Florida State and could have given the ‘Noles a 21-point swing against the Tigers. Anyways, here is the video of the ACC ref in the FSU-Wake Forest game"

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

wow, that's classic. i'm sure they'll be some sort of investigation

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Ok. Im going to disagree there.

He could have been leaning awkwardly. That ball barely moved.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

thats weak

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Not thread worthy

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

booooooooo

lame were better then that here.. i was waying for him to move the ball up a full yard then giggle

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Are you kidding

Ball moved a half inch and still called 4th down. No tape of the 4th down play called a 1st, which is really the issue, useless. Refs aren't spotting so precisely that the half inch given from the previous play is the reason they got the 1st down

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

And here is the best ACC official ever...............

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Holy shit, that guy was clearly inching that ball up hoping that the nose would clear the chain. WTF?!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Wow that looks bad on the ref. Looks like some straight up bullshit.

jmathes
    jmathes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    thats weak
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    booooooooo lame were better then that here.. i was waying for him to move the ball up a full yard then giggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Are you kidding Ball moved a half inch and still called 4th down. No tape of the 4th down play called a 1st, which is really the issue, useless. Refs aren't spotting so precisely that the half inch given from the previous play is the reason they got the 1st down

If that was your team in a crucial situation and you realized that a ref was pushing the ball up, then you would think its a big deal. It doesn't matter if its an inch or a foot its the fact he is trying to dictate the outcome of a game.

vagolf
    vagolf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could have been innocent but pretty fishy lookin to me. What if it was close enough that it would have created a first down? Whats the context of the play??? Was it late in the game?

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by vagolf View Post
    Could have been innocent but pretty fishy lookin to me. What if it was close enough that it would have created a first down? Whats the context of the play??? Was it late in the game?
    I don't give a shit what the context of the game was! This was blatant!

Think about it, let's say it's late in the game and the defense is exhausted but they've managed to come up big in a key third down spot. If the ref inches that nose forward enough to just clear the chain and give the first down, it could be the straw that breaks the defense's back and means the difference between covering or not.

Honest gamblers ought to be outraged by what this footgae shows, innocent mistake or not! And I don't think it was innocent
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 10-11-11 at 10:44 PM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

All you saying ref did nothing wrong are pure idiots, obviously you didnt have money on FSU either or you would be calling bullsh!t, this was so blatant and that ref should have been fired on the spot for that, disgusting.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by vagolf View Post
    You sound pretty naive and everyone else who said this was nothing, I was actually watching this, didnt see the closeup till now but I remember seeing the next play where it looked like he was stopped on 4th down and they said he made it, FSU was screwed out of this game, bad calls called during whole game.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Are you kidding

Ball moved a half inch and still called 4th down. No tape of the 4th down play called a 1st, which is really the issue, useless. Refs aren't spotting so precisely that the half inch given from the previous play is the reason they got the 1st down
    Youre a nut.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

refs knew the half inch was going to be the difference maker to convert the 4th on the next play

we nailed them

Machine Choice

refs knew the half inch was going to be the difference maker to convert the 4th on the next play

we nailed them
    The principle of the issue is what I'm concerned with. Sneaky ref inched the ball forward. Period.

We don't have to speculate what he knew or didn't know. That's irrelevant. His actions speak for themselves.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nah not that bad, ball could of been slipping

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

What ref would do that anyway, knowing a hi-def $10,000 camera is going to be zooming in on that ball?

Accidental!

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ha....that is too funny.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

looked like it was from him leaning on it too hard

dbldown
    dbldown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1395

Looks like he was propping himself up with the ball and the movement was incidental.. much easier ways for a ref to cheat if he needs to.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm3462 View Post
    What ref would do that anyway, knowing a hi-def $10,000 camera is going to be zooming in on that ball?

Accidental!
    Thats exactly what I thought...he'd have to be an idiot to do it on purpose.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by dbldown View Post
    Looks like he was propping himself up with the ball and the movement was incidental.. much easier ways for a ref to cheat if he needs to.
    Im sure youve been conned and taken advantage of in your life many times.

dbldown
    dbldown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1395

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Im sure youve been conned and taken advantage of in your life many times.
    Not really Madoff, life is a lot easier to live not thinking the world is a conspiracy

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Not really Madoff, life is a lot easier to live not thinking the world is a conspiracy
    One would have to be blind or naive or both to not see him pressing down hard on the ball trying to smidge it forward and seeing it wasnt moving as he liked, he went ahead and pushed it forward, too blatant, he's been downgraded for a reason, not me he'd be suspended at least four games or fired if I was in charge.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

it barely moved

who cares

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Gotta say that was an accident or mistake by leaning on it.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Non issue - so it slippped a little. Still 4-5 inches shy of stick.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad, but easier ways to cheat, which they fully deploy.

AB Rookie
    AB Rookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't matter. FSU stll lost. I had Wake +11.5

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by bruce0 View Post
    Gotta say that was an accident or mistake by leaning on it.
    firstly, ive seen a couple first down calls this weekend decided by the nose of the ball.

secondly, i agree with the above posters that the movements of the ball appeared to have been influenced by the ref leaning on it while holding it.

its still not cool and can definitely affect the call but it does look like an accident to me. like someone else said- nobody knows.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

The fact that people say it barely moved or not that bad isn't warranted when the first down marker is inches away from the tip of the ball. The ball moved 50% further toward the first down is how it should be viewed and as soon as the other ref came to check the chain the ball miraculously stops? It was obvious imo that the ref was pushing for it.

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

This is a classic thread about a ref supposed cheating by a poster known for cheating.

12 Last