NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Things you had to do while you were in full swing Degen mode

I will admit, when I first started gambling, i lost a lot. Thankfully, i was in my early 20's and had no wife/kids. I lived alone in a small one bedroom apartment. I quit my job after 1 week of successful gambling where I won $600 and I thought I was a genius.

So after a few months, and all my savings gone, with no job, i was totally broke. I was too proud to ask for money because I would be letting all my friends know I was an idiot for quitting my job and all the people who said i'd lose would rub it in good.

So thankfully i got welfare and that paid my rent, but it left me with nothing left for everything else. Things I did while I was a degen:

-Stole toilet paper from Tim Hortons (coffee shop), savings $10-$15 per month
    -Stole packets of mustard, ketchup, from Macdonalds
    -Picked up used MacDonalds cup, washed it, went back in for free pop refills
    -Took handfuls of spendla packs from Tim Hortons
    -Went to grocery store, broke, got a buggy, loaded it up, pretended i was shopping, ate lunch meat and buns out of my cart on busy hours, then parked buggy, walked out, used the "forgot wallet" line when stock once stopped me
    -visited friends/family more to borrow some screwdrivers/tools, etc... then raid fridge
    -lived on Kraft Dinner, box of 12, 3.99

Those are just some of the degen things i did for a few months until i got a job again, and learned how to cap properly, took a long time, but those were the days. Just curious to hear other peoples Degen ways while they were broke! Please contribute!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

There is a thread on something similar to this. It's a really good one.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Mr Market has some of the best money making schemes Ive ever heard

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by NHL Pro Capper View Post
    I will admit, when I first started gambling, i lost a lot. Thankfully, i was in my early 20's and had no wife/kids. I lived alone in a small one bedroom apartment. I quit my job after 1 week of successful gambling where I won $600 and I thought I was a genius.

So after a few months, and all my savings gone, with no job, i was totally broke. I was too proud to ask for money because I would be letting all my friends know I was an idiot for quitting my job and all the people who said i'd lose would rub it in good.

So thankfully i got welfare and that paid my rent, but it left me with nothing left for everything else. Things I did while I was a degen:

-Went to grocery store, broke, got a buggy, loaded it up, pretended i was shopping, ate lunch meat and buns out of my cart on busy hours, then parked buggy, walked out, used the "forgot wallet" line when stock once stopped me
    -visited friends/family more to borrow some screwdrivers/tools, etc... then raid fridge

Those are just some of the degen things i did for a few months until i got a job again, and learned how to cap properly, took a long time, but those were the days. Just curious to hear other peoples Degen ways while they were broke! Please contribute!

Free refills are great at Mcdonalds when you pay for your own soda. You used someone else's cup----that's nasty

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

cool story OP, you are creative and have survival instinct

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

jjgold blew his 75 year old landlord.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    jjgold blew his 75 year old landlord.
    And his gay bookie in a hot tub if I remember correctly, man that story had me rollin

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I wouldn't really classify you as a degenerate gambler since you weren't doing crazy shit to place wagers....you basically had the lazy attitude to stop working and look for an easy out

Once you start robbing old ladies in wheel chairs of their $20 to book a game or vandalizing churches for copper wiring to pay off a local or some other bottoming out actions, then would go with the degenerate gambler title.

Hope you're working now and off of the govt tit...good luck and take Rangers and the juice tonight

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

This guy has some ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    I'm broke too. Christmas is rolling around so I'll be alright. You can never give up. I have a Christmas reload business plan in place though:
    1) Beginning of December go around to all the public telephones and rip off the receivers and coin boxes +$50.00
    2) Go to dollar store buy some red paint and brush -$2.00
    3) See a mom buying pretty Christmas dress with white fringe for daughter. Knock her the fukk out. +$140 CASH MONEY in purse+ 500 cash ATM before cards shut down + dress
    4) Paint phone receivers red rip off white fringe from dress and past them on $0.00
    5) Find Salvation Army bell ringer dressed like santa. Knock him the fukk out with pot. Take santa clothing. Quick pinch if mood strikes. +$300
    6) December 24 dress as Santa bring phone receivers to orphanages. Tell kids they are Santa's special phone to get presents. Sell at profit while casing location(s) +$5.00
    7) December 24 night raid gifts from well meaning simpletons. Sell at flea market fishhead recomends.
    +$4000 NET $4993 Back in the game never give up boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    Boys you have to stay in action no matter what. Sometimes that means doing a bit of work. We need those bankrolls big come football season. A bet doesn't matter until you feel it in your gut. I'll admit I'm hurting from bases and my fukking bookie Jean-Pierre is looking for me but fukk him I will be in action.

Here is what I did on my 7 day hustle plan for building my bankroll for football season:

Day 1 Rent 2 reciprocating saws from tool rental place. Give false name JJ bold. Wink at cashier, he gives me the eye I get out of that place no problem at all. Walk for 1/2 mile towards home get winded. See a kid on bike push him off and take it. Drive another 1/2 on bike become more winded. Sell bike back to kid with tear streaked face who won't stop following for $5.00. That's all hes got fukking broke fukk. See grandma watching the scene shaking her head. I walk over drop the 5 dollars and offer it to her if she can get it. Help her get out of motorized wheelchair she bends down to pick up currency then I pitch her across the grass like a torpedo. Take chair and 5 dollars and drive home. Sell chair for $300. Net +$305

Day 2 My 12 year old nephew Johnny comes to visit me. I take him to get a happy meal at mcd and eat his fries. Sell toy for $3.00 to breakeven. He needs his energy. We go out i start shoving him under cars with the saw. He can't handle it and it's going wild under there scratching the fukk out of everything. I do not give a fukk though I scream at him. 5 hours we're driving 30 catalytic converters down a hill in borrowed shopping cart. Net +$15000 for converters + $25 for scrap metal in shopping cart.

Day 3 Johnny shaking badly because he handled saw all day with his weak child arms. I bring him to relief office. I say "Poor little Johnny shakes hasn't got his meds!" Emergency relief +$250 CASH MONEY, $50 food voucher= cole cuts, and temporary housing. Spend day ripping copper pipe out of housing. Also take lightbulbs. Net +$500

Day 4 Johnny goes home without cash. Experience is the best pay. All he that working is tiring need rest. Sell 2 reciprocating saws. Eat cole cuts. Net +$250

Day 5 Hot day. Walk around picking up empty plastic water bottles. Buy $1.00 tube of superglue from dollar store. Fill each bottle with neighbor's garden hose and glue on plastic caps to make them fresh. Sell at beach to squares. Net +500

Day 6 Dumpster diving with Fishhead, using remaining superglue on pesky dumpster locks that do not allow us to be businessmen. Net +1000

Day 7 Cheque arrives in mail for little Johnny shakes. Continuous cheques will cover any bad runs during season. Get square with bookie. Coming back from bookie See fedex man going to some house. Jump in the front seat of delivery truck and drive that fukker to chop shop after opening all mail (couple of birthday cards) Net +4000 See boys that's over $20k right there.

You gotta hustle boys but don't give up you can do it!

Inkwell77

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Free refills are great at Mcdonalds when you pay for your own soda. You used someone else's cup----that's nasty

When I first commented on this thread, I must have lost my heart. Everyone has done things that they normally wouldn't do. I didn't remember that I posted in here. Now, I think that people have to resort to extremes is sad. Not sad as in pathetic but just a sad situation.

Life can be so tough at times and as gamblers, people aren't trying to "get over", they're just trying to help themselves financially in a rough world or just looking for an outlet to seperate themselves from difficult times or daily stress.

I knew there was a problem when I was betting against my favorite teams and rooting against them (a long time ago). It almost taints the love that I have for sports but then again you do what you feel that you need to do to get ahead.

BroncosFN
    BroncosFN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

One time I was so desperate I followed Lang

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

guy went bust in atlantic city and had no gas money to get home so he went around the poker room singing "mary had a little lamb" at every table picking up a $1 tip til he had 10 bucks for gas

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by NHL Pro Capper View Post

That's hitting rock bottom - stealing toilet paper from public toilets.

Kraft Dinner ain't bad though with the right mix of margarine and milk

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

How did you get welfare if you quit your job?

Man some guys on forum are really barreled in.

I should take you guys under my fold.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

good bump...

Inkwell77

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

had to take a job as a forum mod.