priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone offered a decent point.

Why is it acceptable to say that blacks are better athletically, but is unacceptable to say that whites are a little bit smarter?

Playing QB in the NFL well requires intelligence.

I guarantee that if you put Ryan Fitzpatrick's brain in Jamarcus Russell's body that Jamarcus Russell would be an elite quarterback.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

environmental inhibitors of the development of good test taking abilities are only part of it. Socially its not as encouraged as much either. There are many reasons.

donovan mcnabb use to take his team to the nfc confernce championships more than anyone else not too long ago.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    environmental inhibitors of the development of good test taking abilities are only part of it. Socially its not as encouraged as much either. There are many reasons.

donovan mcnabb use to take his team to the nfc confernce championships more than anyone else not too long ago.
    There are many reasons why a cat can't bark... The main reason being that it is a fukkin CAT...

Take your bullshit somewhere else...

Close this thread...

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    There are many reasons why a cat can't bark... The main reason being that it is a fukkin CAT...

Take your bullshit somewhere else...

Close this thread...
    this supported no point except that you are not very smart.

i agree please close this dan or whoever sees it. pretty stupid thread.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

there is a large and unfortunate disparity in the education quality various ethnicities receive in the US. Inhibitors include but are not limited to environmental, social, cultural and financial factors that do create this academic dichotomy.
    I can tell you as an educator at multiple schools (rural, suburbs, inner city) that this is horseshit. It has nothing to do with disparity in education like these politically correct fukks want you to believe. It has all to do with the culture. NOT ALL, but most blacks I teach don't take education seriously. They would rather talk about who they were gonna "jump", what gang someone was in, who got arrested or shot, what little Wayne was arrested for,how "hard" somebody is etc., etc. They make up 99% of my discipline problems. I've taught 3 murders in the last 2 years and another that was murdered. They think that shit is cool. The last one said somebody disrespected him was why he did it. Most of this is due to their upbringing and priorities. Drug dealers, rappers, gangs members are their idols. I've taught in dirt ass poor white areas and don't see near as much. The teachers teach just as hard in each situation. As a matter of fact, most inner city schools now are getting alot of Teach America recruits from colleges and more state money because they are "under privileged". These Teach America teachers are people fresh out of college with the latest teaching methods to teach these students. The problem is they still aren't prepared for what they are facing. You can't prepare somebody for it. They would be better off going to college for urban warfare. I have those teachers running to me crying because the kids won't try to learn and are defiant as hell. Most come to school because their mama makes them leave the house so we can babysit them all day. Then they brag about their monthly checks coming in each month. The few that want to learn are the ones they keep me coming back to that hell. We were just last week instructed that we cannot fail a single kid. Now we are forced to pass everyone. The standard is being lowered even further. Some will even get into colleges when they aren't qualified. Teachers are losing their jobs because the kids aren't passing standardized tests and they are held responsible. The only way is to go in and change the family values and nobody wants to address that. It's the big elephant in the room because they will start screaming racism. Like I said, this isn't every single one but it's the majority.

As far as the football end, I've coached 'em from every background. I treat them the same whether it is Billy Bob or Jamal. If my quarterback can't tell a cover 2 from a cover 3 or what his hot reads are or what his check downs are then he can't play. It's that simple. He needs to know what every route is for every play and what audibles to call versus what front he sees. It takes some damn intelligence to do that. If he can't & he's such a superior athlete, then I'll run the outside veer with him provided I can teach him to read the end and keep it or pull it. If not that, then I will put him at tailback where I make the play call simple like 24 counter, 2 back counter step & follow the tackle through the 4 hole. Most of it is on a wrist band anyway. If a kid is a player, I don't care if he's green and pink polka dotted I will find a spot for him unless they are gonna be a distraction. If they are gonna be a turd, I'll kick them off in a heart beat. My point is the culture has to change more than anything.
    Last edited by The Seer; 10-11-11 at 08:02 PM.
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave The Seer 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I can tell you as an educator at multiple schools (rural, suburbs, inner city) that this is horseshit. It has nothing to do with disparity in education like these politically correct fukks want you to believe. It has all to do with the culture. NOT ALL, but most blacks I teach don't take education seriously. They would rather talk about who they were gonna "jump", what gang someone was in, who got arrested or shot, what little Wayne was arrested for,how "hard" somebody is etc., etc. They make up 99% of my discipline problems. I've taught 3 murders in the last 2 years and another that was murdered. They think that shit is cool. The last one said somebody disrespected him was why he did it. Most of this is due to their upbringing and priorities. Drug dealers, rappers, gangs members are their idols. I've taught in dirt ass poor white areas and don't see near as much. The teachers teach just as hard in each situation. As a matter of fact, most inner city schools now are getting alot of Teach America recruits from colleges and more state money because they are "under privileged". These Teach America teachers are people fresh out of college with the latest teaching methods to teach these students. The problem is they still aren't prepared for what they are facing. You can't prepare somebody for it. They would be better off going to college for urban warfare. I have those teachers running to me crying because the kids won't try to learn and are defiant as hell. Most come to school because their mama makes them leave the house so we can babysit them all day. Then they brag about their monthly checks coming in each month. The few that want to learn are the ones they keep me coming back to that hell. We were just last week instructed that we cannot fail a single kid. Now we are forced to pass everyone. The standard is being lowered even further. Some will even get into colleges when they aren't qualified. Teachers are losing their jobs because the kids aren't passing standardized tests and they are held responsible. The only way is to go in and change the family values and nobody wants to address that. It's the big elephant in the room because they will start screaming racism. Like I said, this isn't every single one but it's the majority.

As far as the football end, I've coached 'em from every background. I treat them the same whether it is Billy Bob or Jamal. If my quarterback can't tell a cover 2 from a cover 3 or what his hot reads are or what his check downs are then he can't play. It's that simple. He needs to know what every route is for every play and what audibles to call versus what front he sees. It takes some damn intelligence to do that. If he can't & he's such a superior athlete, then I'll run the outside veer with him provided I can teach him to read the end and keep it or pull it. If not that, then I will put him at tailback where I make the play call simple like 24 counter, 2 back counter step & follow the tackle through the 4 hole. Most of it is on a wrist band anyway. If a kid is a player, I don't care if he's green and pink polka dotted I will find a spot for him unless they are gonna be a distraction. If they are gonna be a turd, I'll kick them off in a heart beat. My point is the culture has to change more than anything.
    See how this guy is trying to make a difference, and Glitch is trying to make an excuse...

Glitch=Buried

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

which player was it that got a dismal score of 6 or something like that?

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

nm found it, it was vince young who scored a 6

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

15/15 on the practice test.
    I am a pretty good QB too. Except when overly large men are trying to kill me. Then I then to end up in the hositipal or the morge.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post

im not saying they dont have the books to teach out of or that the teachers arent doing a good job in the inner city; i agree that it is cultural, and that is very different than genetic.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Glitch-I respect you and I know you are smart. However, there are 2 facts you have to accept:

Some people will never be able to dunk a basketball, no matter how much they work at it.

Some people will never be able to grasp calculus, no matter how much they study.

Notice this doesn't say no whites can dunk, and no blacks can understand Calculus, but to try to pretend these attributes are mostly determined environmentally is some sort of self indulgence. Now if you accept genetics plays a big role, you also accept genetics are similar within separate groups (you cannot accept one and not the other) because the passing down of similar genes is what produces this separate group.

Also, what about smaller children in schools? They really haven't had time to be affected by these environmental factors you speak of, they are just going to school and putting the square peg in the square hole, or adding 2+1. White children still outperform blacks, and these children are too young to know whether they want to do it or how important it is.

Glitch

it starts in the home centaur. and they have had time to be influenced even in the earlier school years.

and all im saying is that some sort of brain scan electroencephalograph is in order to see if the brain activity and functioning is any different...it would be a highly controversial study, especially if this study was performed on children.

also- i think genetics plays a small role. will 2 smart people make a smart child? most likely they will; is this because they read with him or her every night or drill him on his shapes and numbers etc...or is this just because they carry the smart gene? would two dumb people make dumb offspring most of the time?( even if this dumb offspring were raised by development-nurturing parents.)

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

it starts in the home centaur.
    But then we are getting into a chicken and egg argument. Some may say they are stupid because they are from a bad home, others would say they are in a bad home because they (and their parents) are stupid in the first place.

Glitch

or instead of stupid- perhaps uneducated and/or "ignorant".

First 123