priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Miss State the worst team in football?

0 points in the first half to a D3 caliber UAB team that allowed 49 points to Tulane?

The SEC sure is amazing!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Miss St and Ole Miss both are oddities in football...just the culture at both schools regarding winning/expectations.

I've been flipping over to the UAB game and they just look flat again.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Miss St and Ole Miss both are oddities in football...just the culture at both schools regarding winning/expectations.

I've been flipping over to the UAB game and they just look flat again.
    Miss State, though, shouldnt' have to be 'up' to beat UAB by 30.

Honestly, this is why I feel the SEC is very overrated... All of LSU's big wins are teams that are frauds.

Oregon, Miss State, West Virginia... all 3 of those teams are drastically overrated.

priskilla22

Tulane is horrible and beat UAB 49-10... so like I said... Miss State should be able to put their 3rd stringers in and win by 30 if the SEC is what their fans claim they are.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Minnesota is worst team in D1

priskilla22

UAB is +11 2nd half.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Oregon is a very good team that would blow out any team outside of the top 3 in the country.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    Oregon is a very good team that would blow out any team outside of the top 3 in the country.
    Oregon loses every time they play a good team.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    The SEC sure is amazing!

yeah I agree, 5 national championships in a row is definitely amazing!!

decent chance of 6 in a row this year

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    yeah I agree, 5 national championships in a row is definitely amazing!!

decent chance of 6 in a row this year
    Talking heads man... SEC teams are constantly overrated, so they get a lot more chances in these title games.

LSU has beaten Oregon, WVU, and Miss State and gets ranked 1st.

the WVU and Miss State wins are nothing. Oregon is a top 20 team, but not top 5.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Miss State, though, shouldnt' have to be 'up' to beat UAB by 30. Honestly, this is why I feel the SEC is very overrated... All of LSU's big wins are teams that are frauds. Oregon, Miss State, West Virginia... all 3 of those teams are drastically overrated.
    They are top heavy this year for sure but to say they are overrated is a joke. What else can they do besides win National Championship after National Championship? Who would you have them beat? the Patriots?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mmike032

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    They are top heavy this year for sure but to say they are overrated is a joke. What else can they do besides win National Championship after National Championship? Who would you have them beat? the Patriots?
    But SEC homers don't talk about their TOP teams. They say the whole conference is stacked from top to bottom, and that isn't the case.

Outside of LSU and Alabama, everyone else is mediocre or bad. Well, Arkansas is above average.

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Minnesota is worst team in D1
    Gophers are horrible, I still can't believe they played a 19-17 game against USC

priskilla22

LSU should go down in the polls for barely beating this Miss State team. Not up.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

ADD Boston College to the list as well, CLemson rolls them today..

The Seer

But SEC homers don't talk about their TOP teams. They say the whole conference is stacked from top to bottom, and that isn't the case. Outside of LSU and Alabama, everyone else is mediocre or bad. Well, Arkansas is above average.
    The schedule is what makes the rest so tough by the time the bowls roll around. If one of the other teams is good enough to make a bowl then it will usually seem easy for them. After they have played Florida, LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc. & then have that time off to heal up, they will blow most anyone else out in a bowl game.

priskilla22

The schedule is what makes the rest so tough by the time the bowls roll around. If one of the other teams is good enough to make a bowl then it will usually seem easy for them. After they have played Florida, LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc. & then have that time off to heal up, they will blow most anyone else out in a bowl game.
    Penn State's schedule is just as hard as an SEC schedule.

They have to play At Nebraska, At Wisconsin, Vs Alabama, as well as Iowa/Michigan State/Ohio State

That schedule is just as hard as an SEC schedule.

wildcorndog

SEC curb stomps in the title game every year............. Think about it shit head... Even a 2 loss LSU skull drug Ohio state....

wildcorndog

This year it's LSU/BAMA... Next year it will be LSU/BAMA/florida/arky/ auburn in a dog fight or the national championship.... If u cant see this then please stop watching sports.... Or at least quit betting on them.

wildcorndog

I feel like a special Olympics coach talking to u guys most of the time...... Bow down and kiss king corndogs feet and get a mushroom stamp on your forehead.

priskilla22

LSU beat Miss State and WVU!

Miss State is struggling with 0-4 UAB
    WVU is struggling with UCONN who lost to a directional michigan at home.

wildcorndog

LSU beat Oregon... About to beat Florida about to beat tenn... It's all about establishing dominance... Like I would do to you if u were here right now...

Elevated
    Linning!
    Elevated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Had an eye on this game and really liked UAB + points but it wouldn't go any higher. Miss St. fell off the face of the SEC.

The Seer

Penn State's schedule is just as hard as an SEC schedule. They have to play At Nebraska, At Wisconsin, Vs Alabama, as well as Iowa/Michigan State/Ohio State That schedule is just as hard as an SEC schedule.
    that's pretty tough for a big ten schedule but the jury is still out on how good ohio state and Iowa are this year. PennState is usually pretty damn tough by bowl season though. I can agree with that. I have alot of respect for that program.
    Let's compare that with a middle SEC team like Tennessee. THey have a decent Cincy team at home, to Florida, then average SEC Georgia team at home, LSU at home, to Bama, South Carolin at home, & to Arkansas. They only have 1 senior starter and the majority of the team is freshmen and sophomores. By the time bowl season rolls around if they can make a bowl, they are gonna be tough as hell.
    Trust me though, I know Penn State's schedule and I will file that away and remember that when the bowls come around.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

But SEC homers don't talk about their TOP teams. They say the whole conference is stacked from top to bottom, and that isn't the case.

Vandy, KY, Ole Miss and Miss St. are pretty bad every year.

I have never heard any SEC fans say they are stacked from top to bottom every year and I live in SEC country. Maybe you are "mis-remembering" what you thought the collective whole of SEC fans said.

priskilla22

that's pretty tough for a big ten schedule but the jury is still out on how good ohio state and Iowa are this year. PennState is usually pretty damn tough by bowl season though. I can agree with that. I have alot of respect for that program.
    Let's compare that with a middle SEC team like Tennessee. THey have a decent Cincy team at home, to Florida, then average SEC Georgia team at home, LSU at home, to Bama, South Carolin at home, & to Arkansas. They only have 1 senior starter and the majority of the team is freshmen and sophomores. By the time bowl season rolls around if they can make a bowl, they are gonna be tough as hell.
    Trust me though, I know Penn State's schedule and I will file that away and remember that when the bowls come around.
    The SEC is the best conference, I"m not saying they aren't, but they aren't head and shoulders above the Big 12 or Big 10.

If Nebraska, Ohio State, and Michigan ever get their shit together, and PSU gets rid of Joe Pa, the Big 10 could overtake the SEC I think.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    Vandy, KY, Ole Miss and Miss St. are pretty bad every year.

I have never heard any SEC fans say they are stacked from top to bottom every year and I live in SEC country. Maybe you are "mis-remembering" what you thought the collective whole of SEC fans said.
    I am an SEC alum actually, and people always said it.

The SEC is the only conference that chants SEC when they beat an out of conference team. Just a lot of arrogance.

Also, the SEC is terrible in basketball, but their fans think they are elite in basketball, like on the Big East's level.

wildcorndog

We dont care about basketball.... Or chess

PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Penn State's schedule is just as hard as an SEC schedule. They have to play At Nebraska, At Wisconsin, Vs Alabama, as well as Iowa/Michigan State/Ohio State That schedule is just as hard as an SEC schedule.
    Are you serious? I know your type...Big Ten lover and SEC hater. I was in New Orleans when we drummed The Ohio State Buckeyes and those fans were as cocky after their ass kickin as they were before. Fn funny if you ask me. That's cool man....if you want to believe a typical SEC schedule is easy, go ahead bro. Thing is, SEC defenses are so much faster than any other conference that any given Saturday can sneak up and bite you.

The Seer

I nor anyone else I know or the athletic depts gives a crap about basketball except Kentucky fans. As far as MS st goes, they never recovered from that heartbreaker vs Auburn and the loss of Manny Diaz. They had high expectations and are a team not used to that. They don't really have the talent there to be an elite team. They snuck up on alot of teams last year and can't do that this year.

PlayTheSpread

I am an SEC alum actually, and people always said it. The SEC is the only conference that chants SEC when they beat an out of conference team. Just a lot of arrogance. Also, the SEC is terrible in basketball, but their fans think they are elite in basketball, like on the Big East's level.
    You're an SEC alum? Really? Why do I find this hard to believe? If you were an SEC alum, you would know that we could give a shit about basketball. I mean, we like it but if it's the NIT over the big dance, who cares?

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheSpread View Post
    You're an SEC alum? Really? Why do I find this hard to believe? If you were an SEC alum, you would know that we could give a shit about basketball. I mean, we like it but if it's the NIT over the big dance, who cares?
    You can't speak for all SEC fans... SEC fans really do think they are good at basketball. I've had this argument several times.

Iowa, the Big 10's 11th best team in basketball beat Alabama last year in basketball and then Alabama had the best record in the SEC.

priskilla22

Are you serious? I know your type...Big Ten lover and SEC hater. I was in New Orleans when we drummed The Ohio State Buckeyes and those fans were as cocky after their ass kickin as they were before. Fn funny if you ask me. That's cool man....if you want to believe a typical SEC schedule is easy, go ahead bro. Thing is, SEC defenses are so much faster than any other conference that any given Saturday can sneak up and bite you.
    Ohio State is the only Big 10 team to do poorly against the SEC.

PSU does well against SEC schools, and so do Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, etc.

priskilla22

I've heard it from you SEC fans too bud.

PSU beat UT back in 2005 or 2006 and UT was heavily favored and SEC fans the Big 10 couldn't keep up with their speed, etc.

Then PSU beat LSU 2 years ago, same thing.

PlayTheSpread

Ohio State is the only Big 10 team to do poorly against the SEC. PSU does well against SEC schools, and so do Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, etc.
    Penn State keeps coming up in this conversation....didn't Bama beat PSU 27-11 this year? Is that good to you?

12 Last