Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Guys, I need help. I'm depressed...

Has nothing to do with gambling or financial issues. Just feel that others can't trust me anymore and accuses me of being a druggie even though I haven't touched that stuff in forever. I feel like just moving away from everyone (parents, family) but of course don't have the money. Don't know how much longer I can take. I'm not talking suicidal as I am the last person that would ever do that, but how do I enjoy life and not worry about what my parents think I may or may not do.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

there are a few things you can do that would give your parents the idea that you are a different person than they think they know...

the first thing, and i personally wouldnt do this because of my beliefs, but yours could be totally different, is go to church every once in a while...and make sure they know thats what you are doing...stay home on saturday nights and get up early for church...this will definitely make them scratch their heads...

next, start taking better care of their yard and shit around the house...cutting, trimming, raking etc. dont wait for them to ask, just go do it...something every few days lets them know that you have something besides your self that you are thinking about...

for personal wellness, hit the gym and start eating better...if they see you taking better care of yourself, they might notice more of the change and realize you are off the bad stuff and your appearance and well being will improve...

obviously, get a job if you dont have one...and mention returning to school if you arent going.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DemoralizdDreamr

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Not the greatest place to seek this advice. Confide in a friend that you trust and talk with them. Are you working? Make work a priority and just keep you head down and save your money to get out if that is what's will ease tension. At the end of the day, do what is best, most healthy for you.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Noticed your avatar taking up boxing actually helped me tremendously when i was depressed. Make sure you break a sweat, laugh, and give thanks everyday! Depending on what kind of drugs you were taking could also contribute to your depression now. Keep your head up things will inevitably get better.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Stay as busy as you can doing positive things. I'll keep you in my prayers. Feel free to pm if you ever need somebody to talk with.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like you may have burnt some bridges with past transgressions. The key is patience. You didn't lose that trust overnight i'm sure and you won't gain it back that fast either. It may be frustrating but you have to continue to do the right thing and eventually although not as quickly as you'd like you will start to regain the trust and respect you yearn for. I am sure your close ones love you and want the best for you so don't give up. Whenever you feel like it's not worth it like you are right now. Tell yourself that your strong enough and see it through. It is your responsibility to show them that you have changed and are in the right direction. Don't give up. Your on the right track.

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

We've all been there at some point in our lives. Just do the best you can, and keep your head up. Things will get better. And if you find you can't shake the depression, consider seeing a professional.. No shame in that. Good luck to you.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

**** what anyone thinks of you.. live how you want to.. Come to SF and I will get you so yayed out of your mind you will forget your problems.. You only live once and enjoy it!

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Talk to someone bro! even a mate or a professional.

It will help

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

***** this shit is not free, u have to pay money to see the right ppl, u really are fuked up if ur asking these scumbags who would sell their mother for a bigger bankroll

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

do you live with your parents?? move out of there if you are... if you don't have a job, go get a job... and show them how hard you are working and how you can be independent person.

iwanttowin
    iwanttowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    Has nothing to do with gambling or financial issues. Just feel that others can't trust me anymore and accuses me of being a druggie even though I haven't touched that stuff in forever. I feel like just moving away from everyone (parents, family) but of course don't have the money. Don't know how much longer I can take. I'm not talking suicidal as I am the last person that would ever do that, but how do I enjoy life and not worry about what my parents think I may or may not do.
    Don't do drugs. Just smoke a joint instead of doing drugs when you feel depressed and you will feel better than ever. If your parent's think weed is a drug, bake them some brownies and they will be hooked too!

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

yah bro take up boxing or go to MMA classes. They have to see you making changes in your life to look at you in a different way. But, you also have to be sincere in what you do. People can tell if your full of it or not. If it really means that much to prove it then do all you can to prove it to them.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Stay busy man, your mind is working against you

Opinions formed of you now, won't matter to those same people in 20 yrs. So don't sweat it.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

let me guess, your not even 20, roll eyes

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

throw all your cash on one game. dont do a teaser or a parley or anything like that. just do a straight bet. its 50/50.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I would probably just go on a crazy bender and swerve into oncoming traffic.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Start using drugs again. Since everyone already thinks you do, no one will be anymore disappointed than they already are and you'll be high as a kite.

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Wow!
    Some surprisingly good and earnest advice here.
    I was expecting more along the lines of "go jump off a bridge, ya ******* meatball".
    SBR, I am proud of you.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get a job would be the first thing you should do any job you can look for a better one while you work at that one. That should help you feel better about urself

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Lazy man you came to the right place this is dr.beantownjim i am the official phychyatrist for the sbr forum.i have helped many desperate posters.

Lazy man i can tell in your voice your hurting and i want to help you let me begin by asking you a couple of questions i need honest answers because i think your not being truthfull with yourself.

First off are you going through an identity crisis what i mean do you have homosexuel thoughts.this can cause depression and thoughts of people not trusting you.

Lazy man do your parents look at you like its your fault we have a f-g no its your fault sometimes the parents blame each other lazy man and this will make you uncomfortable.i suggest you buy a pair of mens figure skates and hang around a skating rink some other gay man will find you and most f-gs i know have money.this will be your meal ticket lazy man

lazy man we can discuss this later this afternoon if you wish but i have to drive my lovely wife to work this morning i would suggest that you just be honest with your parents and tell them you are gay so what if they throw you out of the house then you have an excuse to smoke dope and drink.

Lazy man my first visit and advice is free if you wish another appontment its 100 dollars an hour and 50 dollars for each additional minute.

I am the official doctor at the sbr forum i have helped many posters who have been fighting depression lazy man and i can help you also.

I have to go my lovely wife needs a ride to work this is dr. Beantownjim signing off.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

^
    BTJ got hacked.. He's posting in small caps..

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

find a way to keep busy. work out, run, get a hobby. sitting around can get you lost in your own mind

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

you can only better your own life. others are going to think what they want. improve your quality of life and you'll feel different. others opinions won't matter as much. you're young. be thankful and don't waste those years because you cant get them back.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Get a change

Maybe get a job in a new area and do not even have contact with your family again, start a new life if they are not going to trust you

I am sure if they really care they will reach out to you

Hey man even gamble real small to keep your mind busy

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    let me guess, your not even 20, roll eyes
    wow

you of all people should be able to give this kid some advice and you pass

bad play

His future may end up as bleak as your daily life

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    I mean this....

answer to yourself, not to others

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Your a deadbeat stiff. You deserve it all. Your parents will never trust since they caught you blowing a dude for crack while dressed up in your moms clothes and makeup

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

When you can be happy to be yourself others will be more accepting, whatever you do.

Do whatever would make you proud of yourself and it will rub off really fast on those around you.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

This guy is a major stiff. Most likely this is a made up story hoping to get points from other posters. If it's not, well then.....start by paying off your debts that you've accrued on here before asking for kindness from others.

FYI....if you're a former druggie & stiff who no one trusts and is depressed, you might think of getting a better, more inspiring handle than Lazy-Man.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Thanks everyone. I read every advice. Opie can you tell me who I owe. I will pay back now I just don't remember who thanks

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Heres a idea, just quit being such a pu55y about life and grow the hell up. The fact you dont have any real friends to go to on this tells me that your probably all ready a lost cause.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Deuce could get you a job as a tire changer. Hangin out with him at work everyday will make you realize your life could be alot worse!

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    **** what anyone thinks of you.. live how you want to.. Come to SF and I will get you so yayed out of your mind you will forget your problems.. You only live once and enjoy it!
    I agree
    Last edited by Richkas; 10-05-11 at 08:12 AM.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    I agree
    Can you imagine if this leva complained to Butch about being depressed??? Butch wouldn't stand for this at all and set him straight.....Butch doesn't play around.... he is a real wood.

12 Last