GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Geno's Takes for October 4 2011

Tuesday is my favorite day to gripe about football since I no longer have the distraction of my fantasy teams and have had a full day to scream at my fiancée about the three (out of thirty) things I was right about. That said, here are things I still will not budge on a full 48 hours later.

The Lions are a fraud
    Don’t get me wrong, I like Matt Stafford and hope he stays healthy all year but you have to realize this guy owes 90% of his completions to the NFL’s best WR in 6’5” Calvin “Megatron” Johnson—who after Sunday, is the first player in NFL history to have 2+ TD receptions in his first 4 games. And while I give him full credit for his first TD catch Sunday; it was nothing more than a 37-yard jump ball tossed up to him amid three white jerseys—that would be an ill advised pass to anyone else in the game—Lions WR’s included. Even with Megatron, how many more times will that work? History has shown that if you want to win it all you need a QB like Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brady, and Brees who can hit any one of his receivers on the fly—especially when your main target is out of the game.
    You can keep betting them if you want but Stafford and his Lions have been the recipient of some imploding opponents over the past few weeks and it’s time to realize without Megatron, Stafford would be like the letter “r” in library—everyone knows it’s there but there’s no reason to mention it. Oh and by the way, unlike the letter “r,” you won’t see Stafford in February

The Cardinals are a joke
    Re-read the above take and replace “Stafford” with “Kolb,” “Johnson” with “Fitzgerald,” and change the last line to “without Fitzgerald, Kolb’s delivery is like Casey Anthony’s testimony—terribly inaccurate and coming far too late.

A tale of three QB’s
    After Sunday night’s Raven’s Jet’s game, I heard several people come out and say both QB’s were awful—and those people are idiots. Yes, Sanchez (11-35, 119 yards) was abysmal for a QB—although for Sanchez he was only slightly below average; I mean 31% is only practically his 54% benchmark—but Joe Flacco’s 10-31, 139 yard performance I dare say was brilliant. Why? Because a dozen of those incompletions were him heaving bombs for the sole purpose of stretching the field and keeping the defenders honest so he could continue to handoff (and dumpoff) to Ray Rice who had 27 touches for 130 yards. Maybe someone oughta explain that to Dallas’s #9 that—when you have a three-possession lead, just protect the ball by throwing it where only your guys or nobody can get it and thereby keep the opponent’s offense off the field and kill clock. I’m amazed Romo wears number 9 because when it came time to select his jersey it’s gotta be the only time he didn’t PICK SIX.

Thread(s) of the Day
    Geno’s Picks has at least righted the train for one week as daddy went 4-1 this week (thanks Colts +10). and while that makes me 6-4 over the past two weeks—it’s not nearly as good as our buddy Swingin’ Johnson who pulled out his second straight 3-1 week–so be sure to jump on his week 5 podcast as soon as it goes up. While Swinging Johnson and myself have fun with our weekly picks, they are up there for all to see but if you’re not taking full advantage of John Ryan’s Thread. Not only did John go 2-1 in his Sunday picks and is 13-6 ATS—but he will give you insight on any game you ask about all day, EVERY DAY. Don’t believe me, go to his thread now and chat about the Phillies Game tonight. Go get ‘em John… or am I overpromising… J
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 02:36 PM.