Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Tito was just fired by John Henry

Someone has to take the fll and no matter how much i like the guy, he made bad bad decisons with this team many times...See ya Tito its been a great ride!

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two championships and they guy is treated like this. It was a great ride and he'll make a hell of a coach somewhere. Tito broke the curse!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

They should have fired Theo for all the huge contracts he gave to useless free agents.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

the Red Sox expectations are too high.... only 4 teams are going to make the playoffs each year.. they should just be happy that fans still come to the games most teams can't even get fans in the seats

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Tito was the one who wanted out. This years Sox team was not cohesive at all, despite Tito's efforts, and quite frankly they were a bunch of bitches. Tito deserves better.

Oh, and they didn't fire him... his contract was up, and they had 10 days to decide whether or not to sign his 2 year extension

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

He did a great job.

He will be just fine.

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Tito was the one who wanted out. This years Sox team was not cohesive at all, despite Tito's efforts, and quite frankly they were a bunch of bitches. Tito deserves better.

Oh, and they didn't fire him... his contract was up, and they had 10 days to decide whether or not to sign his 2 year extension
    No your are wrong, He was Fired by John Henry. Yes he contract was up and the Sox passed on picking up his option and told him to hit the door............ Also Tito wanted out, and bad as he liked being a redosx, he could feel the pressure and wanted to move along also. So maybe it was somewhat mutual, But ultimately John Henry meet with him and said they didnt want him to come back.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am from the area, he was always a 'players coach'....worked when he has those players in 2003,07.....but not npw, other poster was right...useless frre agents

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    No your are wrong, He was Fired by John Henry. Yes he contract was up and the Sox passed on picking up his option and told him to hit the door............ Also Tito wanted out, and bad as he liked being a redosx, he could feel the pressure and wanted to move along also. So maybe it was somewhat mutual, But ultimately John Henry meet with him and said they didnt want him to come back.
    What's your source? I'm pretty sure they haven't even had their meeting yet, let alone announced something...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

That's the way it goes in professional sports these days. Its a what have you done lately world...

Tito didn't sign Lackey and Crawford to big money contracts have them under-perform terribly.

This is just as much on Theo as it is on Francona...

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    What's your source? I'm pretty sure they haven't even had their meeting yet, let alone announced something...
    They have meet, at 9 am this morning, I watch the news do you?

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Who fukkin cares

There is baseball today between teams that are still left standing.

rsnnh12

They have meet, at 9 am this morning, I watch the news do you?
    Tito didn't get to Fenway until 9:15, John Henry arrived after him (from Gordon Edes himself). You started this thread saying he was fired at 9:18... do you see why I don't believe your assertion that Henry fired him? Plus, you can't fire someone who's contract is up, you can choose not to sign their option.

This pretty clearly is an amicable split, both sides realizing its best for everyone to move forward.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Cubs need to sign him (and Epstein too of he leaves).

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

White sox new manager

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Tito told the staff on Thursday that he wasn't going to be coming back. He wasn't fired (you also cannot be fired when you're no longer under contract) and the meeting between Henry, Werner and Lucchino didn't happen until about 10am EST. Tito WAS NOT part of this meeting, it was a meeting of the owners and CEO (Theo wasn't involved either).

It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Tito won't be back, but you are just spreading rumors with this thread.

For the record, I think it's a HUGE mistake not resigning Tito if he wants to come back. He has made some questionable calls in the past, but the debacle of September wasn't his fault. In game 162, he didn't tell Ortiz to stretch for a double or tell Scutaro to try and score in key those two key situations with LESS THAN TWO OUTS. Horrible, horrible decision making on the part of the players.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Red Sox still haven't won shlt with unjuiced players for 93 years

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Red Sox still haven't won shlt with unjuiced players for 93 years
    Who has?

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Bad decision to fire him, should have fired theo. He signed these players who tanked.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Wasn't his fault....the reasons the pitching was pretty bad was because they were throwing drunk rofl

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Grady Little excuse all over again.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

desperate ploy for Bos to remain relevant for one more day

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Legend.

Thanks for all the great years Tito.

Best of luck to you and yours in all of your future endeavors

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why the GM is never fired? I mean he signed up crappy players. Crappy players don't win games!

ExposingLines247
    ExposingLines247's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6298

he was not officially fired the 4 of them had a meeting "reviewing" the season and looking forward blah blah. Im here in boston on sports radio all day long

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Huge mistake by the BoSox, what an overreaction. Good chance he lands here on the South Side. He got his start with the Sox (Chi) and knows Jerry Reinsdorf. He also managed Michael Jordan when he played for the Barons.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ExposingLines247 View Post
    he was not officially fired the 4 of them had a meeting "reviewing" the season and looking forward blah blah. Im here in boston on sports radio all day long
    I listened to some guy named DA on "The Hub" after the BoSox loss, he seemed pretty good.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

IMO he deserved it from what i heard on the radio, the players thought they had it, and the players really didn't 'care'. They didn't have that edge, that boston usually has. And when you lose a 9 Game Lead, in September, the manager has to go. He lost control of the club house, wanted to be everyone's friend. He may get a job some where else, but boston had no choice but to fire him, but it wasn't working obvioulsy. you can't let him go back to the club house next year, who the hell will respect him
    ?

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

he wasnt fired YET

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

breaking news... he gone

Footballtime

He wasnt actually fired, but he has a offer that he could of signed, but the redsox brass, said they were allset. Call it what you want, The owners/money guys didnt want tito back. I liked the guy, but seems like he lost the team and mis managed the bullpen.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

what a steal for all the other clubs looking for a manager. i mean he is no joe maddon but no one is. he was still one of the top 5 managers in baseball.

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    what a steal for all the other clubs looking for a manager. i mean he is no joe maddon but no one is. he was still one of the top 5 managers in baseball.

Good coach for sure, wouldnt say he is a great coach.......Definately a players type guy, But shit you or I could of won 90-95 games coaching some of these Redsox teams the last 10 years!

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

He wasnt actually fired, but he has a offer that he could of signed, but the redsox brass, said they were allset. Call it what you want, The owners/money guys didnt want tito back. I liked the guy, but seems like he lost the team and mis managed the bullpen.
    You title the thread saying he was fired, then later in the thread you tell someone he is wrong and that he definitely was fired.

Now you admit he wasnt actually fired. This is why thinking before typing usually saves you from looking like an idiot later on.