View Poll Results: Should CrazyL be fired for mishandling the team contest?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes..... he ruined it for all of us.

20 31.25%
  • No...... firing him from his dream job would be cruel.

44 68.75%
    hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Does someone need to get paid 15k still?

Yes.

The restaurant Lou dined at.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    What exactly is the harm in bumping older threads? Some of the moments of sbr's past are nice to revisit from time to time.
    Nothing. Some of the gaylivers have some sort of infatuation with him. We had one of them bump a few of Lou's obscure tennis picks from 4 or 5 years ago. Nothing wrong with it but it clutters up a busy forum, which is why its done. This thread does too, its from 4 years ago? Nothing wrong with some bumps but the mods are tasked to make sure they are not disruptive.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Nothing. Some of the gaylivers have some sort of infatuation with him. We had one of them bump a few of Lou's obscure tennis picks from 4 or 5 years ago. Nothing wrong with it but it clutters up a busy forum, which is why its done. This thread does too, its from 4 years ago? Nothing wrong with some bumps but the mods are tasked to make sure they are not disruptive.
    Walker you must agree that liquidate your assets thread is an all time classic

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

So many classics....So little time

6 moths

Unreal

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Yes my favorite line is when he says " did you ever think maybe I am using a non public set of data" or something like that to why his -600 play has value before it lost
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Yeah I can't tell you how confusing and time consuming it can be when one or two threads are bumped in the BUSY forum. It totally derails the entire gambling shooting the shut thing I come here for, my time is precious and I don't appreciate the waste of .2 seconds it takes to read a thread title and choose to NOT click on it. And don't get me started on when I do click on it and find out 20 secs later that the thread is from 4 years ago.

Jtst delete all old threads, do you think posters have time like that to waste when the come to SBR? This is serious business

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I'm not sure how anything can be disruptive with all the garbage in Players Talk to begin with.

If SBR has a announcement or anything of importance to be seen, it will or should be "stuck" to the forum.

If Player Talk cappers want their threads to be seen, then post them in the sub-forums, where they belong. Or a Mod could just link it to the proper sub-forum.

The bumps just blend right in to the rest of the non-sense in Players Talk.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm not sure how anything can be disruptive with all the garbage in Players Talk to begin with.

If SBR has a announcement or anything of importance to be seen, it will or should be "stuck" to the forum.

If Player Talk cappers want their threads to be seen, then post them in the sub-forums, where they belong. Or a Mod could just link it to the proper sub-forum.

The bumps just blend right in to the rest of the non-sense in Players Talk.

When they do thats great...when they dont the mods moderate. Its really not that difficult of a concept.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

"Old Threads" subforum
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: onlooker

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Onlooker speaks the truth. No mod in history can touch the status of Onlooker, what Onlooker did for the I industry will never be forgotten

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

When they do thats great...when they dont the mods moderate. Its really not that difficult of a concept.
    Just not sure how they don't. When the thread offends a Mod?

I'm just not sure what the big deal is. It's not like 30 threads are bumped at once, and it takes up the entire first page of Players Talk.

A guideline on what is okay and not okay to bump? I think that is what started this whole thing by CB to begin with. Just some sort of guideline.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    "Old Threads" subforum
    hmmmm. That could actually work. Problem solved?

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Time to start revoking all the pardons you gave out when you were obviously drunk on Xmas. These clowns obviously are just here to disrupt the forum and bring nothing to the table. Start with Raygoof the guy is a 58 year old creepy ball sagging stalker.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Time to start revoking all the pardons you gave out when you were obviously drunk on Xmas. These clowns obviously are just here to disrupt the forum and bring nothing to the table. Start with Raygoof the guy is a 58 year old creepy ball sagging stalker.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I'm just not sure what the big deal is. It's not like 30 threads are bumped at once, and it takes up the entire first page of Players Talk.

A guideline on what is okay and not okay to bump? I think that is what started this whole thing by CB to begin with. Just some sort of guideline.
    It's about to be football season and 10x more people are reading the forum than posting and they will try to make sense of irrelevant threads.

SBR_John
    Wisky

I think I mentioned an example; a GL'er having fun bumps four of Lou's ancient tennis picks. Now PT has 4 different tennis picks threads from 2007 on top of the forum. They do it for childish giggles which is cool. I dont want it because this is a business not a clown show although sometimes it is. New visitors could be turned off by wasting their time wondering into a tennis pick thread from 5 years ago. Capeche? You cant write a handbook to cover disruptive behavior because it can be limitless.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Dozer, why did you bump a 4minute old thread, pal?

Im so confused

Where's the NFL week1 locks thread?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    i didnt get banned then, son... i like your style for trying, yet, like the other morons here, you are trying too hard...entirely too hard... fwiw, ive done more in the last month to help you kids out than i had done for years before...learning to read would be my first suggestion to you kiddo

john, your post makes absolute 0 sense..you have kids fukkin up pt 24/7 with complete idiotic garbage and you are going to throw a little hissy fit when an old thread or 2 gets brought up... i mean, its your forum, pal...but if you want to start with the dropping the dumb shit around here, start with the new threads made by the same kids day after day...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

apparently it is, and apparently even the mods are afraid to actually just come out and say it. I appreciate John actually engaging in dialogue over the situation, which really isn't a big deal

Coug's complained in the curling db vid about this, and asked for an explanation... non given

I started a thread for Cougar Bait, asking the same question... no mod gave an answer

the "discretion" portion is what is hard to swallow for a poster like Cougar I think. And I really can't see how one bumped thread could NOT blend right in.

If it is pertinent than people will comment alot and keep it near the top of the board. If it is random and not pertinent to the zeitgeist of the board then it will fade away.

Now making like 5 straight quick bumps would MAYBE be distracting, but really let's just stop with the "disrupts the flow" excuses.

I'm perfectly fine with toeing the line on a "its up to the discretion of the mod on duty, or a mod later, and how they look upon the bump, the thread material being bumped, their personal feelings towards the bumper, the mod's mood, the mod's menstrual cycle, the mod's eating cycle, ect ect."

It just is sad to see the owner having to lie and use BS excuses to cover up for cowardly mods or the lack of ability to actually come up with a standard set of rules on when and how to "moderate"

to me all of the above are non issues really. I do what I want anyways, and don't whine about the repercussions. Coug's is a bit more emotional, but I count him as an internet lame non person friend, so I do have some bias in the situation. I know that this is prob a non-issue for John and the board itself as well. The company will grow and prosper with this issue never being addressed by anyone that works for SBR and i'm cool with that, SBR does not need any over the top "cool" forum personalities 1 bit. not in the least. that is not where the $ is.

So I do thank John for engaging in the back and forth. because I think those of us with brains know it is 110% not necessary for him to do so............... I'm sure this willingness flows from his love of posters and the PT forum issues, and not from EGO, inferiority, or stubborn-ness issues

John is a guy that takes stands, stands that are rational and for the good of PT. If not for his standing tall, the dirty thirty that loved to throw the N word around, would all still be posting here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too many tech guys here trying to analyze everything

who gives a fuk

I fight with mods and praise mods

Smoke

Drinker nice jugs bro

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I think I mentioned an example; a GL'er having fun bumps four of Lou's ancient tennis picks. Now PT has 4 different tennis picks threads from 2007 on top of the forum. They do it for childish giggles which is cool. I dont want it because this is a business not a clown show although sometimes it is. New visitors could be turned off by wasting their time wondering into a tennis pick thread from 5 years ago. Capeche? You cant write a handbook to cover disruptive behavior because it can be limitless.
    Players Talk is a clown show.

I could careless about it either way, but you guys make it sound like that is all that you see in PT, are the bump threads. Really not all that disruptive. Now if 75% of the threads on the first page of PT were old threads, then yeah, I would think that is disruptive.

But at the end of the day, it only matters what you think John.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in the discussion.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    i didnt get banned then, son... i like your style for trying, yet, like the other morons here, you are trying too hard...entirely too hard... fwiw, ive done more in the last month to help you kids out than i had done for years before...learning to read would be my first suggestion to you kiddo

john, your post makes absolute 0 sense..you have kids fukkin up pt 24/7 with complete idiotic garbage and you are going to throw a little hissy fit when an old thread or 2 gets brought up... i mean, its your forum, pal...but if you want to start with the dropping the dumb shit around here, start with the new threads made by the same kids day after day...
    I love how the only thing you defended was getting banned not the 58 year old ball sagging stalker part.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    It's about to be football season and 10x more people are reading the forum than posting and they will try to make sense of irrelevant threads.

If they are reading players talk seriously then they have already lost

SBR_John
    Wisky

apparently it is, and apparently even the mods are afraid to actually just come out and say it. I appreciate John actually engaging in dialogue over the situation, which really isn't a big deal
    I didn't see what thread or what moderation drove CB off the cliff. Reload probably over moderated, at least judging by CB's action. You have to have thicker skin. If CB leaves over that he is just looking for an excuse. Gambling is a tough pastime. Guys hit tilt and start playing the somebody done somebody wrong song. No one did CB wrong. Over reacting to a mods action on a gambling board is probably not the best sign. If CB could be honest I'll bet he would explain that he has plenty of distractions in his real life.

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

I come to PT to check for picks and gambling talk, and I see this thread and another one with a grown man crying about dropping his daughter off at school.

Wtf?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: acl123, Smoke, and spankie

acl123
    syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by ProfitBetting View Post
    I come to PT to check for picks and gambling talk, and I see this thread and another one with a grown man crying about dropping his daughter off at school.

Wtf?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I didn't see what thread or what moderation drove CB off the cliff. Reload probably over moderated, at least judging by CB's action. You have to have thicker skin. If CB leaves over that he is just looking for an excuse. Gambling is a tough pastime. Guys hit tilt and start playing the somebody done somebody wrong song. No one did CB wrong. Over reacting to a mods action on a gambling board is probably not the best sign. If CB could be honest I'll bet he would explain that he has plenty of distractions in his real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait
    This was a complicated decision and not something I didn't struggle with making. I sent out numerous emails to other posters over the last month or two, detailing my frustrations, Opie and JJ being two of them. Certain things about the site do bother me but in the end this is less about this site and more about me, and nothing to do with gamelive. I rarely post there anyway

Smoke

Wtf?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

SBR is in the process of putting together the best moderators in forum history.

This could rival one of the best mod lineup in all forumville, new and old.

If they re-acquire williebee i expect them to be at the top of the list, pending what espn classic says.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wtf?
    Profit just stop

Smoke

How in the fukk does a grown ass man cry about sending his daughter off to kindergarten?? And then I have to read about the shit. Profit is right fukk this shit

acl123
    syndicate

Profit nice jugs bro

First 1234