Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

If the game was in Kentucky, I'd be all over the Wildcats. That said, an early 11:20am start is the kiss of death for LSU in covering this spread. I'm making a small play on UK 1st quarter, 1st half and gameline. One thing to note is that LSU still has issues passing the ball, where UK is at it's weakest. UK will be able to get some stops which should milk the clock some. I think this game will be fairly close for 3 quarters. This is a clear sandwich game and LSU has to be still on an emotional high ready to let down.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

only thing that bothers me is the early start and the fact LSU just got done waxing yet another quality opponent, just not sure how up they are for this gm. dont get me wrong tigers can sleepwalk thru this gm and im not sure uk can score a point (actually i doubt it), so i guess is only worry is LSU only scores right around 30 and uk backdoors it with some kind of crazy late td. By all accounts LSU should win by 40+, long as they really care to which i doubt.

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

honestly, don't touch this game. CAN LSU win by 30+? of course...will they? Who knows? Too many variable in this game. LSU's first day game and first home SEC game. They may still be a little high from the WV win, and they may be looking forward to next weeks showdown with Florida. I bet LSU against Oregon, Miss. St, and WVU, but there is NO WAY I will take them this week. It's too hard to gauge. If you want action on the game, the safer bets would be the under, or Kentucky TT under. The over is at 45.5, which means the TT should be somewhere between 15-17. GL all.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Point to consider.....if lsu does not steam roll kentucky and bama wins by more than a td in the swamp....dos lsu stay number 1.........good motivation for the mad hatter..........

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    Point to consider.....if lsu does not steam roll kentucky and bama wins by more than a td in the swamp....dos lsu stay number 1.........good motivation for the mad hatter..........
    True if i am a LSU football player my attitude is lets pad our stats and get up for this early kickoff. Show Kentucky that they dont even deserve to be on the same field as LSU and run the score up as much as possible and show the world LSU really deserves to be #1. Everyone knows in college football style points and margin of victory are important. If LSU doesnt win by 40+ they should be embarrased. Hope Les Miles lights a fire under these boys and they go out there and kick some ass.

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

I am playing uk and here is why:
    Classic letdown spot for lsu coming off road win at wvu, and looking ahead to florida next week. Lsu does not fare as well playing day games, and 30 is aloy to spot any sec team. Also like over 44.5. Bol!

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

And by the way fla beats bama this weekend, just saying

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Point to consider....Last time LSU was ranked #1 (2007) they beat #4 Florida, then lost to Kentucky the next weekend. I realize Kentucky was 100x better that year, but it's just some info for people who like to look at trends.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    True if i am a LSU football player my attitude is lets pad our stats and get up for this early kickoff. Show Kentucky that they dont even deserve to be on the same field as LSU and run the score up as much as possible and show the world LSU really deserves to be #1. Everyone knows in college football style points and margin of victory are important. If LSU doesnt win by 40+ they should be embarrased. Hope Les Miles lights a fire under these boys and they go out there and kick some ass.
    SEC teams don't need style points

Ice House

this 2011 Kentucky Football team may be the worst team in the history of the SEC. I'm serious. They had less than 100 yards passing against Western Kentucky at home in the opener. The Wildcats won 14-3 but a guy from western kentucky even got in front of the camera and said "they supposed to be SEC? "

and who cares about the start time of the game? I don't get why that has any effect. The New Orleans Saints play a lot of noon games in the NFL when everyone else plays at 1. It's what happens when you are in the central time zone.

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    SEC teams don't need style points

everybody needs style points. why do you think Oklahoma moved down in the rankings? b/c they didn't really dominate Mizzou.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Re: the 30-pt line, I'll throw out a few pts:

1) I did take KY +30
    2) 30 pts is massive for an SEC opponent...Vandy maybe being the one exception
    3) LSU really DOESN'T need style pts. They're ranked top 3. Their focus is to get to 12-0 and then to 13-0. That will be plenty. This year, I DON'T think 12-1 will be good enough. Too many 12-0/13-0 teams lurking out there...Stanford/Boise/Wisconsin/ACC??
    4) Pursuant to #3, Miles wants to stay sharp and stay healthy.
    5) Call it a letdown spot, if you will, but I think it's valid. Have already beaten three ranked teams, away from home. A 24-pt win works fine here.
    6) In addition, they're not a hi-octane offense. If they don't get help on Def/Spec Teams, the 30 pts becomes a massive barrier.

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    everybody needs style points. why do you think Oklahoma moved down in the rankings? b/c they didn't really dominate Mizzou.
    nope. You have one less or go undefeated and win the SEC, you're in no matter what. I'm talking about teams that already started the year highly ranked

Plus, even if you think that isn't true, they already blew out Oregon and WVU. They could have one point wins the rest of the way if they want
    Last edited by BettingWizard; 09-28-11 at 05:43 PM.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Re: the 30-pt line, I'll throw out a few pts: 1) I did take KY +30 2) 30 pts is massive for an SEC opponent...Vandy maybe being the one exception 3) LSU really DOESN'T need style pts. They're ranked top 3. Their focus is to get to 12-0 and then to 13-0. That will be plenty. This year, I DON'T think 12-1 will be good enough. Too many 12-0/13-0 teams lurking out there...Stanford/Boise/Wisconsin/ACC?? 4) Pursuant to #3, Miles wants to stay sharp and stay healthy. 5) Call it a letdown spot, if you will, but I think it's valid. Have already beaten three ranked teams, away from home. A 24-pt win works fine here. 6) In addition, they're not a hi-octane offense. If they don't get help on Def/Spec Teams, the 30 pts becomes a massive barrier.
    Boise will go undefeated. Stanford/wisc/nobody in the acc will come out unscathed. A 12-1 or 11-2 SEC team could still make the NC, depending on when they take the loss(es).

DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone else thinking about a tease with Kentucky getting 36.5 and under 51.5?

Ice House

Kentucky sucks dude. If your going to tease.... tease LSU to -28...

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Not a single player on the kentucky roster has traveled to death valley. They used an suv at practice with subwoofers in it to attempt to replicate the crowd noise during practice. They have no idea what they are walking into. I still think uk is lucky to get one TD.
    I see them with 1-2 FGs.

45-6 LSU
    Points Awarded:

Ice House gave cant call it 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ice House

great post cant call it. great post.

I gave you 2 points for that.

BTW the line has moved to 30.5

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    only thing that bothers me is the early start and the fact LSU just got done waxing yet another quality opponent, just not sure how up they are for this gm. dont get me wrong tigers can sleepwalk thru this gm and im not sure uk can score a point (actually i doubt it), so i guess is only worry is LSU only scores right around 30 and uk backdoors it with some kind of crazy late td. By all accounts LSU should win by 40+, long as they really care to which i doubt.

Big Dan ... haven't seen you on the forum in awhile..... hows it hanging big guy? how about them red birds!!!

Braves and Red Sox fans must be hurting today.... oh yeah thats right Braves don't have any fans but Red Sox nation is probably crying in their sam adams today.

Ice House

is this game going to be on tv?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    If the game was in Kentucky, I'd be all over the Wildcats. That said, an early 11:20am start is the kiss of death for LSU in covering this spread. I'm making a small play on UK 1st quarter, 1st half and gameline. One thing to note is that LSU still has issues passing the ball, where UK is at it's weakest. UK will be able to get some stops which should milk the clock some. I think this game will be fairly close for 3 quarters. This is a clear sandwich game and LSU has to be still on an emotional high ready to let down.
    the first half play is terrible here because LSU will likely jump out to a big lead

why not play the 2nd half where you know LSU will likely just sit on the ball with a huge lead?

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    the first half play is terrible here because LSU will likely jump out to a big lead

why not play the 2nd half where you know LSU will likely just sit on the ball with a huge lead?

BettingWizard

Squares lose

rwd201
    rwd201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Nittany Lion View Post
    Gonna parlay the ML on LSU with a few others, LSU rolls this game.
    what book do you use
    my book don't offer ML on games with -28 spreads

First 12