brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Teasers Are The Best Way To Bet On the NFL

I've said it before and I'll say it again, teasers are far and away the best form of betting in the NFL

the NFL has more parity than ever and it's just incredible what percentage of games are decided by a touchdown or less

so far today, 10 out of 13 games have been decided by 7 points or loss - that's 77% of the games. If you just blindly teased all the underdogs today, you would have won every one of your bets except for the ravens game (Because 2 of the 3 games that were decided by a TD+ were SU winners for the dog)

Teasers>>>>>> SU

jmdudney
    jmdudney's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe so, but the fact still remains, at the end of the day the risk vs reward is not good enough.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

What were your plays today Brah?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

youve said it before and it still isnt true.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    youve said it before and it still isnt true.

do u want me to tell you what percentage of games so far this season where it was a relatively even matchup have come out to a close game???

you need to win about 72% of your teaser plays to be succesful, the numbers so far this season are much much higher than 72%

as long as you avoid blowout prone teams and play it smart, u will always come out on top

hell, ju

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

it is one of the best ways if done properly.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    it is one of the best ways if done properly.

absolutely

it's damn near impossible to win in the NFL playing ATS long term because the lines are just so damn sharp

it's not like college where you can routinely find games where the spread is off by 5 to as much as 10 points

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am sure N.E , Phil , S.D , Jets, and Ariz looked good on teasers today.

hawley

Brah apart from unloading on that Patriots / over teaser what other plays did you make

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

People tease plays because it gives you more confidence in your play. More often than not, from my experience when I use to tease alot, the extra point is rarely a factor.

Go with a 1 bet straight wager fellas, it's much easier.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

didnt you lose your teaser today?

you had patriots and lost but still made this thread?

have you no dignity, self respect or any consciousness of what you are saying?

if teasers were profitable for bettors then books would not offer them, as evidenced by your 'no way this teaser loses' play today

teasers are losers, just ask the teaser tiger

BigDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post

anyone teasing the jets,SD or ARi today has no shot to win long term.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post

and this is why 95% of people who play teasers fail horribly

the only team on that list that was a good choice for a teaser were the patriots. Cardinals - u never tease across the 0, the smart teaser was Seattle at home playing a close game against an average Arizona team. Philly - this team is just too unpredictable right now, I wanted nothing to do with this game. San Diego - you don't tease a line that big anyways so that's another stupid play

the smart teasers today were the following

Houston + 4 - 2 evenly matched up teams that are decent on both sides of the ball
    Miami + 3 - 2 evenly matched up bad teams
    San Fran + 3 - see above
    Raiders + 4 - this was one of the few decent spread plays I liked today because I had the jets losing or winning by 3
    ATL + 1 - tampa doesn't win games against good teams by more than a touchdown, automatic play

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

teasing -3 to +3 is the definition of sports betting retardation

brahmabull117

anyone teasing the jets,SD or ARi today has no shot to win long term.

the philly play is terrible too

you have no idea how mike vick is playing right now, he's liable to get hurt and leave the game at any point

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Brah apart from unloading on that Patriots / over teaser what other plays did you make

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post

I went 2-1 today. I lost my 3 team teaser, but I won the other 2 2 teamers

I didn't post my other 2 plays though but don't worry about that, I don't care about my e-reputation on this site

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    do u want me to tell you what percentage of games so far this season where it was a relatively even matchup have come out to a close game??? you need to win about 72% of your teaser plays to be succesful, the numbers so far this season are much much higher than 72% as long as you avoid blowout prone teams and play it smart, u will always come out on top hell, ju
    absolutely it's damn near impossible to win in the NFL playing ATS long term because the lines are just so damn sharp it's not like college where you can routinely find games where the spread is off by 5 to as much as 10 points
    The only way they are consistently successful is to only play 2 team form PERIOD!!!!!!

hawley

Convenient as always.

What happened to the big teaser on the Pats and over?

BigDaddy

and this is why 95% of people who play teasers fail horribly

the only team on that list that was a good choice for a teaser were the patriots. Cardinals - u never tease across the 0, the smart teaser was Seattle at home playing a close game against an average Arizona team. Philly - this team is just too unpredictable right now, I wanted nothing to do with this game. San Diego - you don't tease a line that big anyways so that's another stupid play

Houston + 4 - 2 evenly matched up teams that are decent on both sides of the ball
    San Fran + 3 - see above
    Raiders + 4 - this was one of the few decent spread plays I liked today because I had the jets losing or winning by 3
    ATL + 1 - tampa doesn't win games against good teams by more than a touchdown, automatic play
    we need a new OP

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    The only way they are consistently successful is to only play 2 team form PERIOD!!!!!!

in my opinion, the only way to win long term in NFL is Teasers and TOTALS

the patriots and cowboys last year went a combined 26-6 on OVERS, the 2 best teams against the ATS went something like 22-10 I believe. That's a world of difference and for whatever reason, NFL totals are just not as sharp as NFL Spreads

brahmabull117

we need a new OP

another terrible play for a teaser was Tennessee - 7, though they actually did win

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Ur an idiot

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I went 2-1 today. I lost my 3 team teaser, but I won the other 2 2 teamers I didn't post my other 2 plays though but don't worry about that, I don't care about my e-reputation on this site
    how convenient

every day its the same thing with you, 'oh I lost all my plays but I am still up'

Last edited by SportsMushroom; 09-25-11 at 07:22 PM.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=brahmabull117;11597171]and this is why 95% of people who play teasers fail horribly

San Fran + 3 - see above

I will post next weeks smart plays Sunday at 8 pm. next week

brahmabull117

[quote=pokernut9999;11597405]
    and this is why 95% of people who play teasers fail horribly the only team on that list that was a good choice for a teaser were the patriots. Cardinals - u never tease across the 0, the smart teaser was Seattle at home playing a close game against an average Arizona team. Philly - this team is just too unpredictable right now, I wanted nothing to do with this game. San Diego - you don't tease a line that big anyways so that's another stupid play the smart teasers today were the following Houston + 4 - 2 evenly matched up teams that are decent on both sides of the ball Miami + 3 - 2 evenly matched up bad teams San Fran + 3 - see above Raiders + 4 - this was one of the few decent spread plays I liked today because I had the jets losing or winning by 3 ATL + 1 - tampa doesn't win games against good teams by more than a touchdown, automatic play I will post next weeks smart plays Sunday at 8 pm. next week

I was trying to convince people to play teasers on all those games before hand in the NFL section

look up the thread about the 49ers/bengals, dolphins/browns and the raiders game in the NFL section

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

he lost his 500 point teaser for the ps3.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish I teased the pats +13 instead of 6.5 but wtf, it is the patriots. You dont see brady being under the mind control of rex grossmen in the 4th quarter.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Roma View Post
    I wish I teased the pats +13 instead of 6.5 but wtf, it is the patriots. You dont see brady being under the mind control of rex grossmen in the 4th quarter.

very very strange game

pats win this game 9 out of 10 times, there were just a lot of things that did not go their way

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

holy fuk this guy is a jackass, im just glad hes back.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

very very strange game

pats win this game 9 out of 10 times, there were just a lot of things that did not go their way

This is the biggest understatement of the month. Pats should have easily had 50. I got a bad feeling after the pats couldnt go up 28-7 by the half

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

do u want me to tell you what percentage of games so far this season where it was a relatively even matchup have come out to a close game??? you need to win about 72% of your teaser plays to be succesful, the numbers so far this season are much much higher than 72% as long as you avoid blowout prone teams and play it smart, u will always come out on top hell, ju
    sure because 3 weeks is DEFINATLY a big enough sample size. fukin idiot. you are just way too dumb for betting.