NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Explain this again?

From my point of view if I lower the cash in my hand by $500 (in your example) I am "crediting" the bank balance and "debiting" my hand right?

But from the opposite point of view I am "debiting" my bank balance and crediting my hand?

RedSox88
    RedSox88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

no the other point of view being the banks view...

whats happening to their cash vault basically they are recieving more cash but at the same time must give you more available cash in your account

the banks liability in this example is your checking account because they have the obligation to provide that cash for you when you request it.....

the banks cash increases which to them is a debit and the increase in your checking account balance is the credit

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Yea but to whom is the debit and credit happening in your example. I don't get it. Does "credit" mean increase and "debit" mean decrease?

RedSox88

debit is pretty much the amount of money owing

credit is the amount of money at someones disposal

debits show asset or expense transactions and credits show a liability

i know this shitttt is confusing lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Explain this again?

From my point of view if I lower the cash in my hand by $500 (in your example) I am "crediting" the bank balance and "debiting" my hand right?

But from the opposite point of view I am "debiting" my bank balance and crediting my hand?
    I just started reading a few of these posts... and I don't get it either?

RedSox88

try re reading the posts its actually very tough to understand without an accounting background

but when i say other perspective i dont mean debiting the bank and crediting your hand i mean from the banks perspective

two different things happen when you put money in the bank.... from your POV u have less cash and more balance in checking

from banks view they have MORE cash but also an obligation to pay you when you want it

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

all joking aside, congrats to the original poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Pics or it never happened

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Are people that simple minded. I dont mean to offend anyone here so maybe i misread someones question...

Do you guys not know the difference between a debit and a credit to a bank statement?

Its called a DEbit-Card. When you use it money is debited( taken, withdrawn) from you account.*

When you deposit money. It is CREDITED. As when you put tokens in a game to play. You are crediting the machine to allow you to play.*

This is YOUR perspective. Banks perspective is then backwards.
    Last edited by UntilTheNDofTimE; 02-22-12 at 01:47 AM.

RedSox88

mendozza if you are being serious and not sarcastic thank you

also smoke is a troll and everyone knows this just look at all his posts... they r dumb

also i dont even know what he means? does he want a picture of my diploma or apartment or what?

hes a toolshed

RedSox88

UNITED, this may be a simpler example for people to understand but it does not however sum up debits and credits

in bank statements its clear cause it actuallys says debit and credit but in real life financial transactions its a little tougher...

for example if someone ows you 500 bucks but doesnt pay you yet the money they owe you goes into an account calles Accounts Receivable

so when they finally pay you... it look like this...

they would DEBIT the cash they received because this is the ASSET that was increased and they will CREDIT the accounts recievable because this decreased....

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox88 View Post
    UNITED, this may be a simpler example for people to understand but it does not however sum up debits and credits

in bank statements its clear cause it actuallys says debit and credit but in real life financial transactions its a little tougher...

for example if someone ows you 500 bucks but doesnt pay you yet the money they owe you goes into an account calles Accounts Receivable

so when they finally pay you... it look like this...

they would DEBIT the cash they received because this is the ASSET that was increased and they will CREDIT the accounts recievable because this decreased....
    Seems pretty straightforward to me. I have a small accounting background though. Can learn everything online.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Red sox question for you....

Out of HS i started to go to college then i found a job that made 50k+ and i got bored of school as a 19 year old and dropped out of school to just work. I wanted more free time to party and such. In any case Ive moved on from this job and am now attending school again.

I'm not sure what i want to do but accounting was one of the 4 career( general trade, computer science( what i started), and engineering) paths Ive considered taking up.

Ive done little research but you spoke of you working for one of the big 4 firms. You described how they look for individuals with a 3.4 gpa or higher. Do you have to go to a certain school to even be considered or is a 4 year bachelors degree at any state college with a 3.4 or higher give you a shot to work for one of these companies? thanks
    Last edited by UntilTheNDofTimE; 02-22-12 at 02:02 AM.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Red sox question for you....

Out of HS i started to go to college then i found a job that made 50k+ and i got bored of school as a 19 year old and dropped out of school to just work. I wanted more free time to party and such. In any case Ive moved on from this job and am now attending school again.

I'mnot sure what i want to do but accounting was one of the 4 paths Ive considered taking up.

Ive done little research but you spoke of you working for one of the big 4 firms. You described how they look for individuals with a 3.4 gpa or higher. Do you have to go to a certain school to even be considered or is a 4 year bachelors degree at any state college with a 3.4 or higher give you a shot to work for one of these companies? thanks
    I minored in Accounting and just from reading through this thread, I'm not sure if you should be asking for advice from him.

UntilTheNDofTimE

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I minored in Accounting and just from reading through this thread, I'm not sure if you should be asking for advice from him.
    Its a pretty general question. If he has a job in the field for one of these companies and has been through the application and hiring process he would be able to answer this question.

RedSox88

Until,

Good choice, going back to school is never going to be a bad choice.

Accounting is a good field to go into for a few reasons.

1. alot of what you learn and what you do can be applied to your own life, learning excel and number crunching and taxes and such

2. Money will always be flowing in starts at 50 or above if you go large firm and gets alot better with experience.

so to answer your question its not all about the GPA but it helps alot , also not all about the school either

Barney business school is ASCB accredited

https://www.aacsb.net/eweb/DynamicPa...4-33768F1DE01D

these are good schools to go to for business

also aside from school and GPA they look for obviously the interview and personal attitude

but unfortunatley to even get an interview you are going to want a 3.4 or higher but the school shouldnt matter as much as long as its not

like a bottom tier school.

going to an average college with a 3.5 GPA should certainly give you an interview...

plus if you want KPMG i can send in a recomendation for you and get $500! haha

lemme know whatcha end up doing....

also in terms of opportunity cost...

meaning the actual thing you are giving up while attending school (which is working and making $$$)

its certainly worth is 1000X over to suck it up go to school get buried in debt because in a few years from then you'll be fine

i will prob be making 85K by the time im 27 maybe over 100K at 30... and if you make partner its all over (talking millions..)

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

pics or it didn't happen

RedSox88

pickwinner i MAJORED in account and have an actual job with a BIG 4 company KPMG

if you can better answer his question...

go for it

RedSox88

this thread has been dead for a while i just got the job a few weeks ago....

also CWD does it make you mad that i have a good job???

#DONTBEAHATER

UntilTheNDofTimE

Until,

Good choice, going back to school is never going to be a bad choice.

Accounting is a good field to go into for a few reasons.

1. alot of what you learn and what you do can be applied to your own life, learning excel and number crunching and taxes and such

2. Money will always be flowing in starts at 50 or above if you go large firm and gets alot better with experience.

so to answer your question its not all about the GPA but it helps alot , also not all about the school either

Barney business school is ASCB accredited

https://www.aacsb.net/eweb/DynamicPa...4-33768F1DE01D

these are good schools to go to for business

also aside from school and GPA they look for obviously the interview and personal attitude

but unfortunatley to even get an interview you are going to want a 3.4 or higher but the school shouldnt matter as much as long as its not

like a bottom tier school.

going to an average college with a 3.5 GPA should certainly give you an interview...

plus if you want KPMG i can send in a recomendation for you and get $500! haha

lemme know whatcha end up doing....

also in terms of opportunity cost...

meaning the actual thing you are giving up while attending school (which is working and making $$$)

its certainly worth is 1000X over to suck it up go to school get buried in debt because in a few years from then you'll be fine

i will prob be making 85K by the time im 27 maybe over 100K at 30... and if you make partner its all over (talking millions..)
    exactly the info i needed. Basically what my counselor will tell me next week. Yea over the last year or so Ive changed my mind many times on what potential career path ill pursue. Im getting old tho(22) if i start now i wouldn't graduate until im about 25. Plenty of jobs out there in major corporations that easily pay 40 to 50+ a year but in a non professional position for the most part your treated like shit and often looked at as disposable, plus my comfort zone will be 70-85k. I'll let you know what I end up doing but would be able to give you a answer for a few years . Best of luck in your new found career.

RedSox88

UNTIL,

thanks buddy. Good luck to you and you're not old. Graduating college at 22 is same as graduating at 29 just get it done.

Also even tho you can maybe find a job paying 40 to 50K most chanced they are going to be dead end jobs with no room for advancement.

Remember i didnt pay 150K for college to make 50K i went to college so that when im 35 or 40 ill be making 150K+

then when i get bored i can just go on a plane to vegas and party instead of going to the movies or something

people say money doesnt buy happiness i respectfully disagree

PickWinnerAllDay

pickwinner i MAJORED in account and have an actual job with a BIG 4 company KPMG

if you can better answer his question...

go for it
    Majored in finance. The finance/accounting industries are in the shitter right now which is why I'm continuing my education.

RedSox88

also UNTIL,

become a pro and come to the BASH in vegas because im going and im fairly sure more people on here don't like me than like me

be fun to hang out with someone my own age who isnt a prick lol

RedSox88

PICKAWINNER,

i agree to a certaint extent...

but to be honest with you finance jobs are much harder to come by today than accounting

thats just a fact

in good times and bad people will always need accountants

but yea i agree jobs suck right now i just got lucky with mine...

UntilTheNDofTimE

also UNTIL,

become a pro and come to the BASH in vegas because im going and im fairly sure more people on here don't like me than like me

be fun to hang out with someone my own age who isnt a prick lol
    Red sox im already planning to go and wouldnt mind speaking to you about this. I tryed to pm you but your pms are disabled.I need a group to hit the clubs with. Most here i talk to are older.* Well have to get in touch.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Red sox im already planning to go and wouldnt mind speaking to you about this. I tryed to pm you but your pms are disabled.I need a group to hit the clubs with. Most here i talk to are older.* Well have to get in touch.
    I would make sure to do some serious research concerning employment rates for the school you are considering going to.

My school placed like 30% of business grads in a job out of college. Pretty shitty. I was in school when the economy crashed.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

What an embarrassment to educated people OP is (not just talking about this thread). You can buy an education, but you certainy cannot buy class.

Only certain types will attention whore degen gambling forums. We may have the next roxxy here. Damn.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

weed-500
    beer-350
    directv all sports package internet home - 300ish
    iphone-100
    food-250
    maid-200
    gambling-1-3 stacks of high society ready at all times

Enjoy life young buck!

First 123