chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Do you think players know the spread before they play?

And do you think it ever affects how they play?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Many do

Well I would think it affects some players

Coaches more because of alumini

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You guys don't think players gamble among themselves (not on their team's games)? You don't think Brady bet $10000 on Texans last week knowing Manning wasn't starting? You guys are so naive.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I'm sure some if not most players know the spread. Does it affect how they play?
    I doubt it.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

many do. they even talk about it in press conferences sometimes. "we're not getting any respect; we're a 2-td underdog" etc

they even talk about the spread on espn

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    many do. they even talk about it in press conferences sometimes. "we're not getting any respect; we're a 2-td underdog" etc they even talk about the spread on espn
    The funniest thing is when ESPN radio hosts talk about their bets and who they are betting on but never mention if they are placing these bets at Vegas, online or with a local bookie. Most of them are airbets I guess.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I think it sorta does for the underdogs as Glitch said. It becomes bulletin board material when players feel they're getting disrespected and coaches use that as motivation.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You guys don't think players gamble among themselves (not on their team's games)? You don't think Brady bet $10000 on Texans last week knowing Manning wasn't starting? You guys are so naive.
    No, I don't think Brady bet anything on the Texans.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

This is my whole beef with betting NFL pointspread. They know the spread but do not, repeat DO NOT CARE ONE BIT.
    IE. NCAA students can't get a free tattoo. Do you really think Brady is betting Texas on the ML? You are naive if you think so.
    Tiger did the best at covering up hookers for a few years. Impressive but still exploded on him. Say the name, Pete Rose, and then think anyone wagers.
    Anyways, back to my beef.
    In the NCAA coaches and kids are programmed to run up the score. Thus it is a good assumption that high spreads could be covered.
    NFL is a whole other situation.
    San Diego last week could have covered the spread on the over on the last drive. Did they consider this fact?? Not a chance.
    Defence if given the chance will score run up points because most of them don't get a chance to score very often.
    Offences in the NFL are very rare to run up the score.
    So my question is..
    "WHY MAKE A POINT SPREAD WAGER ON A TEAM WHEN THE GOAL OF YOUR WAGER IS NOT THE GOAL OF THE TEAM?"
    Answer is value but I still say it is risky wager.