will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Tiki Barber could make Tampa Bay Easily! Just Sick

LeGarette Blount is a nice back and Tampa had no rushing production in the 1st game. Barber could be a backup easily on this team. He'd play with Rondee and would behave.

What a disgrace! How does this guy not get a 2nd chance. His resume(on the field), proves that he deserves one.

Make's me sick

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

that resume means shit now...will you take jerry rice on your team now??...how about montana???

He wants to come back because he is broke. There are so many young backs like arian foster who never get a chance to play in NFL...give young guys like that a chance. Not some washed up player who hasn't played in 5 years.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    that resume means shit now...will you take jerry rice on your team now??...how about montana???

He wants to come back because he is broke. There are so many young backs like arian foster who never get a chance to play in NFL...give young guys like that a chance. Not some washed up player who hasn't played in 5 years.
    He's still young and not far removed from productive years. Apparently in great shape too.

vyomguy

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    He's still young and not far removed from productive years. Apparently in great shape too.
    36 for a running back is like 90 years old.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

36 for a running back is like 90 years old.
    Yeah, but compared to Montana or Rice even though they aren't running backs, he is still young

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

vyomguy:He's like Burress. He doesn't have the wheels of a 36 year old guy. He should be fresh after plenty of time off. Tell me that he couldn't give a team 40-50 yards minimum per game? I don't believe it

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    vyomguy:He's like Burress. He doesn't have the wheels of a 36 year old guy. He should be fresh after plenty of time off. Tell me that he couldn't give a team 40-50 yards minimum per game? I don't believe it
    Haha he should be fresh after plenty of time off? Yeah that makes sense, the old guy who's been sittin on his couch for 4 years is a better option than the guy who has been training and running for the last 4 years because he's "fresh"

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

he hasnt played in 5 years.

to put it in perspective, reggie bush, jay cutler and lendale white were rookies when he quit. and white is already out of the league.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

teams aren't going to pay him the veteran's minimum plus since he's vested veteran I believe any contract is gauranteed for the remainder of the season.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is done
    Old man

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

bump--I'm tired of Tiki not getting respect for the pounding that he took. The guy put up massive numbers towards the end of his career. I just can't understand why someone wouldn't give him a chance.

The equivalent to a 10 day contract in basketball. (give him the damn minimum and see if he still has something left). What an unforgiving world. Killers like Donte Stallworth can play...wtf?

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

If he was still good he'd have a job in the NFL...

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I posted on the Giants facebook site about Tiki. Two minutes later, the posts were deleted

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

A 36, THIRTY-SIX year old RB who is also a complete asshole.....He badmouthed all of the Giants players and coaches after he was gone and no one liked him that played with him (They talked about it alot on sports radio here in NJ/NY)

Also left his pregnant wife to bang an 18 year old to give you an idea of what kind of a prick this guy is

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

doubt it, he wont adjust to the game with all those years without playing it

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

lmao you're going to give sypmathy to a guy who quit on his team, trashed his teammates, and retired 5+ years early. He had his chance, blew it, and then watched the Giants win it all without him.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    If he was still good he'd have a job in the NFL...
    This.

If he helped a team win they would sign him...its not complicated. Is he your cousin or something? Who cares..........

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

You have to have compassion for people. He can still play.You guys know it and I know it.If anything, the money that he makes can go to his kids. People are harsh. I'll put Barber up against half the backs in the NFL right now

DrStale

You have to have compassion for people. He can still play.You guys know it and I know it.If anything, the money that he makes can go to his kids. People are harsh. I'll put Barber up against half the backs in the NFL right now
    Which is why you are sitting in front of a computer and not in an NFL team's front office.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: vyomguy

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I've been spot on about overlooked draft picks, free agents, and other aspects of sports. Trust me, I have a lot of OVERALL knowledge of sports. I've lived and died sports for almost 4 decades . I worded it incorrectly. My gut tells me that Barber can still put up 500 yards per season or more. I've watched him closely. Tampa Bay would be a great fit.He would be a nice complimentary player. Why does his story have to end in failure? He's earned the right to play in the NFL due to his on field performance. The league is turning the other cheek. They let felons play and they won't give Tiki a sniff. He's not in the category of a Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth, and Ray Lewis.

vyomguy

will2survive...are you tike barber's agent?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cap dat 4ss

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

The guy went out on top. Until I see him lose his ability to amass near 2000 all purpose yards per season, I'm not convinced that he's done

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Tiki sucked, now he is 36. Not to mention he always acted "to good" for the NFL. He was supposed to be so smart, so above being an athlete, then couldn't even cut it as an analyst.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Hell, Willie Gault, the old Bears WR, could probably still play, he's 50 yrs old and still runs a 4.4 40yd dash.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

There's a reason why all the NFL teams passed up TIKI.... HE'S OLD! It's simple. In one play... he'll get his sh#$ blown up by these young athletic LB's.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I would pay him cheap by less than 250k and be on the practice squad. He's not a starter.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

tiki is a 10 year veteran and his salary minimum is around $900,000, Plus he would be guaranteed at least 4 weeks pay if you cut him. He isnt worth it when a rookie is alot cheaper.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Running backs fall of the cliff like a rock at a certain age. I doubt Tiki could be productive on most college teams, TBH. Unless you strictly a bruiser, very few people can play RB past the early 30's.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

BiGERIC-- I have clothes that are probably older than you. Barber isn't that old. Inactivity can either lead to rust and doom or his body could recover from the wear and tear of the NFL. I'm not stupid. A player doesn't want to be inactive for too long but my point is that he hasn't taken a beating like he did before. There's other 36 year old NFL players playing, GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE. IF SOMEONE EVER SIGNS HIM AND HE SUCKS, YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME THAT THIS WAS A S*IT THREAD. Until then, I'm not convinced.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

LeGarette Blount is a nice back and Tampa had no rushing production in the 1st game. Barber could be a backup easily on this team. He'd play with Rondee and would behave.

What a disgrace! How does this guy not get a 2nd chance. His resume(on the field), proves that he deserves one.

Make's me sick

bump--I'm tired of Tiki not getting respect for the pounding that he took. The guy put up massive numbers towards the end of his career. I just can't understand why someone wouldn't give him a chance.

The equivalent to a 10 day contract in basketball. (give him the damn minimum and see if he still has something left). What an unforgiving world. Killers like Donte Stallworth can play...wtf?
    You are either part of the Barber family, living in dream world or one of the dumbest persons on this site. Everyone already mentioned why your argument is pure nonsense. You clearly haver no understanding of football or how the business of pro football works. You insult everyone's intelligence by posting this thread. Please open your eyes and stop walking around like an ignorant child. Get a clue.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Tiki Barber's last season -Age 31

1662 yards rushing on 5.1 yards per carry with 5TD
    58 receptions for 465 yards (the previous year was a little better but that's over 2100 all-purpose yards.He was 31 and that's no spring chicken)

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

No, it's Ronde. will2 = Tiki's brother.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Keep the insults coming. I'm a sports encyclopedia, dude. I'm going to be 40 next month and have been following sports since 1976. I also study history of sports. I yearn to learn. I say that Barber can still play. If you want to insult, that's your choice. If you want to act like an adult, that would be preferable.

12 Last