rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Trivia Clarification?

Hi, I got this question for trivia today-
    Who operates Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears?
    Chicago Park District
    Chicago Bears
    City Of Chicago
    McCaskey Family

I guessed City of Chicago, which was wrong. It said the answer was Chicago Park District. I checked Wikipedia, and it lists the owners of Soldier Field as both the Chicago Park District and the City of Chicago, and says it is operated by SMG (a private company)/Soldier Field Joint Venture. SMG should then be the answer, no?

Can anyone offer any clarification? It seems to be a misleading question, but I could very well be wrong. This is just based on a quick internet search after I got the question wrong, and I know Wikipedia is far from perfect. Just don't want others to get a question that may be wrong

I would post a link to the Wikipedia site, but I'm on my phone, and it would give the mobile site link.

Thanks for any help

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

You want clarification?

You got Buttfukked on the question!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by harlee71 View Post
    You want clarification?

You got Buttfukked on the question!

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR got different answer or you have to ask wiki for explanation?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Hey rsnnh - Yes, that's a bit of a messed up question. The answer should be SMG. And that Wiki page is a bit messed up too. On the side it lists Chicago Park District/City of Chicago as the owners but within the article it says "In 2001, the Chicago Park District, which owns the structure, faced substantial criticism..." And everywhere else ie the official Soldier Field website, ESPN, etc... all refer to as only the Park District as the owners. Wiki needs to get their facts straight.

I'll send a note to Admin to reset your trivia for you.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

"SMG has served as a private manager for more than 200 public and private facilities in nine countries, including convention centers, stadiums, theaters and other venues. Among the other facilities the firm operates, in addition to Soldier Field, are Reliant Park in Houston and Direct Energy Centre in Toronto." (CBS Local Media, 2011).

From a creditable source, that Wiki BS is that exactly...BS... anyone can post on that shit, it could be TT posting that for all we know
    Points Awarded:

rsnnh12 gave iceminers26 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.