SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    OK. Thanks for sharing that. Now the way I see it is, posters are constantly bashing Islam and muslims. Isn't it only fair that they hear the other side? How do you figure that I post about winning bets after the game? Check my post history and you would see this is clearly not the case. I give my opinion and picks before games start and if they win. Yeah I comment on it. However I'll be the first to admit when I lose. If you doubt me then please oblige. Go ahead check my post history. I do appreciate you explaining this like and adult. I have no problem with criticism but the childish name calling and personal attacks are uncalled for. Are we not adults? I understand their are many young people here as well as socially challenged individuals but that is no excuse to act like little children.
    I will not check your history its not fun combing through the forum so I will have to take your word for it

but as for the religion stuff, you cannot really blame anyone on the forum for their behavior, christians are intolerant of muslims and muslims are intolerant of christians. more so after 9/11 since the attacks were not viewed as attacks of one country to another but more as an attack of islam towards western civilization
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 09-13-11 at 05:42 AM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    I will not check your history its not fun combing through the forum so I will have to take your word for it

but as for the religion stuff, you cannot really blame anyone on the forum for their behavior, christians are intolerant of muslims and muslims are intolerant of christians. more so after 9/11 since the attacks were not viewed as attacks of one country to another but more as an attack of islam towards western society
    That's understandable. I have toned down my talk as of late regarding this as I have realized it's a touchy subject. The problem with all the trolling doesn't just effect me though. If you just read around the forum it's almost everywhere. Constant negativity and bashing. A lot of it unprovoked. Is it asking too much for people to be civil to each other here? I would understand the occasional argument but it's not like that.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unfortunately Mikail SBR has chosen quantity over quality. This may just be the nature of the online forum business though, I don't know. The moderation here right now is almost nil because of this. The sub-forums should be free of all the garbage that takes place in PT and strictly moderated but that's not even close to being the case. No other forum can compete with the total package SBR offers but there are other forums that do a fine job just being a forum and not so much a circus.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Unfortunately Mikail SBR has chosen quantity over quality. This may just be the nature of the online forum business though, I don't know. The moderation here right now is almost nil because of this. The sub-forums should be free of all the garbage that takes place in PT and strictly moderated but that's not even close to being the case. No other forum can compete with the total package SBR offers but there are other forums that do a fine job just being a forum and not so much a circus.
    unfortunately, as in the real world, giving away free stuff attracts the worst kind of people so inevitably the quality of posting at sbr is really low

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This happens every year during football season and it'll happen again when NBA starts up. And then it'll happen again when MLB starts up. And then it'll happen again when PT people are bored in the summer and just start creating drama because they're scared of the sunshine. There is nothing unique about this thread in the almost 3 years I've been hanging around here. I've seen hundreds of these and will see hundreds more, I'm sure. There's an ignore function and a reporting function if people are bothering you. Again: Please don't assume what moderation is going on as there is no way for a poster to know unless someone starts whining about an infraction and thankfully the majority are adult enough that they don't. Good luck with your bets.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    if I decide to post something about religion I don't see how that's a bad thing

You don't come across as stupid, so you can't not know that posting about your religion on a gambling forum is directly asking, nay begging, to be trolled.

It's good for getting some attention though.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    This happens every year during football season and it'll happen again when NBA starts up. And then it'll happen again when MLB starts up. And then it'll happen again when PT people are bored in the summer and just start creating drama because they're scared of the sunshine. There is nothing unique about this thread in the almost 3 years I've been hanging around here. I've seen hundreds of these and will see hundreds more, I'm sure. There's an ignore function and a reporting function if people are bothering you. Again: Please don't assume what moderation is going on as there is no way for a poster to know unless someone starts whining about an infraction and thankfully the majority are adult enough that they don't. Good luck with your bets.
    Yes and I will start using it again.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You don't come across as stupid, so you can't not know that posting about your religion on a gambling forum is directly asking, nay begging, to be trolled.

It's good for getting some attention though.
    I will try my best to not bring up religion for now on. If I have offended anyone then my apologies.

Optional

Unfortunately Mikail SBR has chosen quantity over quality
    How do you explain SBR dropping points for posting then?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

just ignore them
    I get hammered a lot, some guys I go back at it, other I laugh off and others I challenge to fights off the forum so mods cannot give infractions

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    How do you explain SBR dropping points for posting then?
    Exactly

Optional

Exactly

First 12