NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Wanna Make Money Week 1 in the NFL?

Well here is your blue print:

1) Saints @ Packers - OVER 47 - Believe me this will be like a gun slinging shoot out at the OK Coral. Good weather, on turf, two mobile and accurate QB's. Both starting TE's will have big days too. OVER 47 here easy.

2) Eagles (-5) @ St. Louis - Eagles cover (-5) - This one has got me a little nervous just because I really believe that Sam Bradford is the real deal with that arm of his and St. Louis Rams WR's will all be healthy for once going into a game. Amendola and Brandon Gibson could do some damage underneath and long respectively and Steven Jackson is a beast running between the tackles. That being said....Michael Vick is Michael Vick....and little dump off's to Le Sean McCoy and a couple of huge down field completions to DeSean Jackson and Celek could make this an interestingly high scoring affair. Still gonna go with my gut and place a small wager on Eagles (-5) to come out looking sharp and maintain ball control.

3) Detroit +1.5 @ Tampa Bay Bucs - Lions will win game OUTRIGHT - It's time for Matthew Stafford to shine. And with decent weapons on offense and Megatron running deep routes on Tampa's secondary that is just what will happen. Expect Detroit's defense (especially it's front four) to do a real number on Josh Freeman and the Bucs' running attack also. Take the Lions +1.5 with confidence but I'd even go ML for the win.

4) Jets (-4) hosting Dallas - Jets cover (-4) - Cowboys have an explosive offense at times and will look to redeem themselves from last year's mediocrity. But when you have a team that can blitz a weak offensive line, has a fired up coach touting a Super Bowl win this year and a shut down corner that can limit your passing options....you have to take that team (especially at home). Jets defense should give Romo fits and I believe the deep threats of Plaxico and Santonio Holmes will expose the overrated Cowboy secondary. Jets cover and win this 21-10.

5) Browns (-6.5) vs. Cincinatti Bengals - Browns cover (-6.5) easily - Too many unknowns and question marks regarding the Cincinnatti Bengals this year. An unproven, shaky rookie at QB.....no real threat at WR with both Owens and Ocho Cinco gone. Plus not a very good road team to begin with taking on an up and coming Browns team with an accurate young QB, a very good RB and some decent pass catching threats in Robiskie and Greg Little. If somehow Gradkowsi gets into this game things might get a little more interesting and productive for the Bengals.....but as of now season opener at home.....gonna take the Browns to cover this one.

As always....your thoughts and opinions are appreciated. This is all that really stands out to me so far in week 1.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 09-07-11 at 05:18 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aggieshawn

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

this is just my opinion so dont take it personally guy

using common sense to cap games is a bad strategy. the team a is better than team b capping method is a proven long term way to lose your bankroll, if it was that simple we'd all be rich and all these people would not go out of their way to brake US law just so they could take your bets if it wasnt profitable

the only way to grind a profit in sportsbetting is using mathematical models to bet into soft lines, or better yet, have inside info
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 09-07-11 at 06:10 AM.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

where did you copy that?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good write ups but these are all so tough

turnovers will decide point spread outcomes like they usually do'

'est of luck NY

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1866

I thought Packers played on grass....???

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I like #3 and #4.
    Thanks!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Help move that #1 line over 50! I want the UNder.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Help move that #1 line over 50! I want the UNder.
    No way dude. In good weather these two team are gonna gun sling that pigskin. I really believe the Saints offense is gonna come alive like it did in their Super Bowl year and this team will take the NFC south easily. Atlanta may be competing for the wild card at best.

And of course....Green Bay is Green Bay.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    where did you copy that?

I didn't it's my two cents. Don't be a hater.

mnpickle
    mnpickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3194

You will go 2-3

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

philly is -4.5. dont understand why you would take -5

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

NY wondering why in the Eagles/Rams match up u mentioned Danny and Brandon but not once Mike Sims Walker 1 of there starters at WR in your right up? I think he's going to be a big help to Bradford this year.

Also the Cincinnati/Cleveland match up u said Robiskie and Little were good passing threats all though u looked over there #1WR M. Massaquoi and there #2WR J. Cribbs
    Last edited by Bcatswin; 09-07-11 at 12:53 PM.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I like your picks and your post write up, good luck

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    NY wondering why in the Eagles/Rams match up u mentioned Danny and Brandon but not once Mike Sims Walker 1 of there starters at WR in your right up? I think he's going to be a big help to Bradford this year.

Also the Cincinnati/Cleveland match up u said Robiskie and Little were good passing threats all though u looked over there #1WR M. Massaquoi and there #2WR J. Cribbs

Because I did my homework on these teams that's why.

NYSportsGuy210

Already looking like a track meet in the Saints-Packers game. What an easy call.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 09-08-11 at 08:09 PM.

NYSportsGuy210

1-0 so far

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

love the plays and the writeups but i think that jets game is pretty dangerous.

do you like jets -4 better than jets/boys over 40.5?

jets are my lean too but i hate the cowboys sooo...yeah.

i hope you do well this week, im on a lot of the same stuff starting yesterday.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    love the plays and the writeups but i think that jets game is pretty dangerous.

do you like jets -4 better than jets/boys over 40.5?

jets are my lean too but i hate the cowboys sooo...yeah.

i hope you do well this week, im on a lot of the same stuff starting yesterday.

Only problem with this game is figuring out which Cowboy team shows up on Sunday and how the Jets defense can or cannot cause havoc with the Dallas O-line. Since it's only the first game of the season this is all hard to tell and thus not a game I can accurately or confidently say will be high or low scoring.

NYSportsGuy210

I'd be more inclined to bet UNDER 36.5 in the Steelers-Ravens game.

NYSportsGuy210

3-2 overall in NFL week 1.

4-1 in NCAA football and 8-3 overall for NCAA football week 1 and 2.