Originally posted on 09/07/2011:

Well here is your blue print:

1) Saints @ Packers - OVER 47 - Believe me this will be like a gun slinging shoot out at the OK Coral. Good weather, on turf, two mobile and accurate QB's. Both starting TE's will have big days too. OVER 47 here easy.

2) Eagles (-5) @ St. Louis - Eagles cover (-5) - This one has got me a little nervous just because I really believe that Sam Bradford is the real deal with that arm of his and St. Louis Rams WR's will all be healthy for once going into a game. Amendola and Brandon Gibson could do some damage underneath and long respectively and Steven Jackson is a beast running between the tackles. That being said....Michael Vick is Michael Vick....and little dump off's to Le Sean McCoy and a couple of huge down field completions to DeSean Jackson and Celek could make this an interestingly high scoring affair. Still gonna go with my gut and place a small wager on Eagles (-5) to come out looking sharp and maintain ball control.

3) Detroit +1.5 @ Tampa Bay Bucs - Lions will win game OUTRIGHT - It's time for Matthew Stafford to shine. And with decent weapons on offense and Megatron running deep routes on Tampa's secondary that is just what will happen. Expect Detroit's defense (especially it's front four) to do a real number on Josh Freeman and the Bucs' running attack also. Take the Lions +1.5 with confidence but I'd even go ML for the win.

4) Jets (-4) hosting Dallas - Jets cover (-4) - Cowboys have an explosive offense at times and will look to redeem themselves from last year's mediocrity. But when you have a team that can blitz a weak offensive line, has a fired up coach touting a Super Bowl win this year and a shut down corner that can limit your passing options....you have to take that team (especially at home). Jets defense should give Romo fits and I believe the deep threats of Plaxico and Santonio Holmes will expose the overrated Cowboy secondary. Jets cover and win this 21-10.

5) Browns (-6.5) vs. Cincinatti Bengals - Browns cover (-6.5) easily - Too many unknowns and question marks regarding the Cincinnatti Bengals this year. An unproven, shaky rookie at QB.....no real threat at WR with both Owens and Ocho Cinco gone. Plus not a very good road team to begin with taking on an up and coming Browns team with an accurate young QB, a very good RB and some decent pass catching threats in Robiskie and Greg Little. If somehow Gradkowsi gets into this game things might get a little more interesting and productive for the Bengals.....but as of now season opener at home.....gonna take the Browns to cover this one.

As always....your thoughts and opinions are appreciated. This is all that really stands out to me so far in week 1.