Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Guess us "squares" won again. Glad you sharps got your value. I'll take the win. Fantastic match.
    Exactly man. Good money

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

amazing tennis

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nadal is so fukking classy. Probably the biggest class act in sports.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I needed this win, thank you joker for kicking ass in the 4th set. It is very hard to sweep a game in tennis vs. Nadel. Good win joker. Now to lose gamlbing on football. Ho-way!

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4473

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    Joker trying to gain points with the hat now.
    haha ..Nadal gets all the fans though

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

wasn't EP the one to always say that there's no sharp or square money in tennis wagering? im glad EP and and i cashed on djoker. as far as demonata...well, even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes

EaglesPhan36

Djokovic wore that hat out to start the match. Both guys are legit in their sentiments guys, come on. Djokovic used to be hard to like, now he is hard not to like.

Yep Tevari. There is winning and losing. If Djokovic lost, then I made a losing bet with regular money. Guys always try to hunt and throw around that value term. Drives me crazy.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Good match till the end, just wish Joker wouldn't have done that

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Djokovic wore that hat out to start the match. Both guys are legit in their sentiments guys, come on. Djokovic used to be hard to like, now he is hard not to like.

Yep Tevari. There is winning and losing. If Djokovic lost, then I made a losing bet with regular money. Guys always try to hunt and throw around that value term. Drives me crazy.
    spoken like a champ, sir

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nadal is so fukking classy. Probably the biggest class act in sports.
    Yes.....he will eventually start to beat him, no way Joker can keep playing like this

Nadal was pounding ball and Joker hit everything back

EaglesPhan36

Just one of those things like when teams have perfect seasons and can't find ways to lose. Same for him this season. Good thing is that should make more some good shots to go against him early next year in Australia if you choose to do so.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Novak FTW!
    Easy money... never in doubt!

jjgold

Just one of those things like when teams have perfect seasons and can't find ways to lose. Same for him this season. Good thing is that should make more some good shots to go against him early next year in Australia if you choose to do so.

Good Point although he is a fierce competitor

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Look, this bee in your bonnet about the word "value" is just silly. Value is a perfectly valid concept, and the foundation of solid sports investment, poker investment, stocks investment - all investment.

Similar to poker, in sports betting if you get your money in with +EV enough of the time then over the long run you will win. If someone would win a tennis game 50% of the time, but is +101 or above, there is value on that bet in the long run. If someone would win a tennis game 90% of the time but is -800, there is value on that bet in the long run. The two types of value bets have different risk profiles, and different money management consequences, but still represent, cold, hard value.

I've seen stupid counter-examples where if I was +2000000 against Djokovic there is "value" in me - well, injuries aside, no there's not, because I would not win once in 2 million attempts, not 2 billion attempts, not ever. The line on me is basically infinity.

Yes people use the term value when they are really just speculating on some outside dog, but abuse of the word is not a reason to discredit it's validity.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

What an awesome US Open to watch. Djokovic just too good - he has the attacking power that Nadal lacks.

I really think Nadal needs to go back to the drawing board here, I like what the commentators here in Australia said - Djokovic will make Nadal a better player. His form of tennis will beat pretty much everyone in the world, but it won't beat Djokovic. He needs to either work on getting more free points on his serve, or really coming out and playing more attacking tennis from the get-go.

There's a fascinating dynamic in tennis right now where Federer has the best chance of beating the Joker; Nadal the best chance of beating Federer; and Joker the best chance of beating Nadal. Shame we have perhaps only 1 more year of seeing it in action.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetSpecial09 View Post
    Absolutely! Took em -330 in some parlays that I just need them to win to close them out. I wouldn't take that ML straight up though with that kinda juice but I am on them at -7 -120 straight up.
    That's what I mean, a bit juicy to take as a single bet on ML. Though I'd take it NOW Good luck!

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    What an awesome US Open to watch. Djokovic just too good - he has the attacking power that Nadal lacks.

I really think Nadal needs to go back to the drawing board here, I like what the commentators here in Australia said - Djokovic will make Nadal a better player. His form of tennis will beat pretty much everyone in the world, but it won't beat Djokovic. He needs to either work on getting more free points on his serve, or really coming out and playing more attacking tennis from the get-go.

There's a fascinating dynamic in tennis right now where Federer has the best chance of beating the Joker; Nadal the best chance of beating Federer; and Joker the best chance of beating Nadal. Shame we have perhaps only 1 more year of seeing it in action.
    man you hit it on the head..Fed seems to match up better vs Joker but Nadal can beat everyone else

I think Nadal's serve is his main issue, he struggles too much to win games

He played pretty well but Joker is too good

EaglesPhan36

Agree on the serve. That's why he WON the US Open last year. He concentrated on making his serve bigger specifically for those matches. I also think you just have to tip your hat to Djokovic. He's in a once in a lifetime groove that even he won't be able to match again. He very well could struggle in 2012 when the expectations are going to be astronomical. I know he's been the guy with the target on his head for most of the year... but it's different when you're the defending Slam champion for three out of four events and it's a failure if you don't win again. He's going to find out what it's like to be Roger Federer. In 2012, you find out how good Djokovic really is IMO.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    wasn't EP the one to always say that there's no sharp or square money in tennis wagering? im glad EP and and i cashed on djoker. as far as demonata...well, even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes
    A blind squirrel? Ya I'm really blind to be up 50+ units this tournament. You are a classless tennis fan. So my pick was blind yet I've been doing this for 4 years and study all my picks before I bet? You are an idiot.
    Last edited by Demonata; 09-12-11 at 09:27 PM.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    boring match, neither wants to play in this wind, so neither player is at their best so who cares
    The most stupid comment for the game of the year...Go and watch some Isner games instead of this, you idiot

jjgold

Agree on the serve. That's why he WON the US Open last year. He concentrated on making his serve bigger specifically for those matches. I also think you just have to tip your hat to Djokovic. He's in a once in a lifetime groove that even he won't be able to match again. He very well could struggle in 2012 when the expectations are going to be astronomical. I know he's been the guy with the target on his head for most of the year... but it's different when you're the defending Slam champion for three out of four events and it's a failure if you don't win again. He's going to find out what it's like to be Roger Federer. In 2012, you find out how good Djokovic really is IMO.
    Yes good points again

I cannot believe the angles he hits with , Nadal was pounding the ball and Joker had answers for everything
    Should be interesting next year, I still think a few late fall tourneys to be played with all the big guns

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    boring match, neither wants to play in this wind, so neither player is at their best so who cares
    r u retarded

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yes good points again I cannot believe the angles he hits with , Nadal was pounding the ball and Joker had answers for everything Should be interesting next year, I still think a few late fall tourneys to be played with all the big guns
    that was prolly the most incredible matche i have ever seen
    i have never seen nadal get attacked like that and he was fighting with everything he had
    nadal just seemed overpowered and was hitting everything defensively
    djoker was just unbelievable, he hit with power, precision and his defense was just as good as nadal
    he is a super saiyan fusion of nadal and federer, it was incredible
    i was cheering for nadal cuz that dude was just playing balls out hustle and heart
    i couldnt believe he won the 3rd but he didnt have anything left after that

First ... 5678