harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Peyton Manning

First off I was no pro athlete, but was an athlete at the time.

I had surgery a few years back that was done by the neurosurgeon for the Dallas Cowboys. I had a nerve regeneration problem as well. I was told the regeneration process would take between 18 months and 3 years to get back to normal. From what I remember it was over two years to get complete feeling back to my extremities after the surgery and 6 months of rehab.

I am thinking Peyton Manning will miss the season.

harlee71

http://www.thepigskinreport.com/2011...of-his-career/

Is Colts QB Peyton Manning done for the season, perhaps the end of his career?

Published on September 5, 2011 by Eric Schmidt

Over the last 24 hours, several conflicting reports have surfaced about the health of Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, albeit several of these reports are citing the famed “unnamed sources”. Could Peyton Manning be in jeopardy of missing the entire regular season in 2011 or perhaps see his career come to an abrupt end?

This story started out with a radio host in Indianapolis stating that Peyton Manning was going to have to have another surgery in order to fix nerve damage in his ailing neck. John Michael Vincent started the firestorm by taking to Twitter with the news of the possible impending surgery.

SI’s Peter King reportedly spoke to Colts President Bill Polian who stated “I don’t know anything about that. I honestly don’t”. The vagueness of Polian’s answer most likely helps to fuel the speculation that things might be worse with Manning than fans were originally led to believe. I’m certain that Polian is fully aware of the hourly status of their franchise quarterback. Adam Schefter has reported this morning that Manning would not be having any additional surgery.

Colts owner Jim Irsay, a favorite follow on Twitter, has been Tweeting over the past day with veiled messages regarding Manning, stating that this would be the Colts finest hour this season. Irsay also tweeted about how the Rams and Patriots found Kerry Collins and Tom Brady after injuries to those respective teams starting quarterbacks suffering injury.

One website which covers the Colts, 18 to 88, is reporting this morning that they have spoken to multiple unnamed sources and they write that Manning will indeed have another surgery and they throw out the possibility that Manning’s injury could indeed be career ending.

There has been no official word from the franchise and nothing will be settled on this matter until we hear directly from the team, but it certainly seems as if the Colts are preparing their fans for the very real possibility of a season without number 18 under center. Irsay’s tweet late last night stated, “I’m trying2prepare 12th Man as best I canBUCK UP..if I’ve told u twice-The only thing the pity pot produces is a red ring around ur ass!”

Hopefully, this is not a career ending injury to Manning. He truly is one of the NFL’s greatest quarterbacks, a fierce competitor and has earned the right to end his career on his terms.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

heard he is out for year

harlee71

Like I mentioned I had a similar injury, and no way I could have done my job after say 6 months, much less do anything like he does in less than a year. There's just not much you can do but wait for the nerves to heal.

harlee71

If Manning is going to miss half the seaon atleast, he might as well go ahead and admit it and take the season off and get healthy.

No use coming back when your team is already 2-6. Let the colts get a QB to hold over for the year, get a good draft pick next year and try again.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

did the docs lie to him about how long he would be out or his recovery time??

harlee71

I just dont think the Colts released all the info.

They had to sell season tickets, Manning jersey's, preseason games, etc.. Strategic move on the Colt's part is all. Sure they wanted him back but, it's not worth gambling your franchise on.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

I feel sorry for those who might have betted future bets with the Colts making it to playoffs and/or Superbowl. Bet they are cussing now !