ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Sick of gambling

another ******* awful beat with miami +4... literally my horrible luck from mlb... carried over to football... shit never changes....

if you looked over the past year at some of my loses.. its enough to drive a man crazy, and into a mental hospital... wont even list all of them...

besides miami tonight...

just from the past few months..

mexico soccer up 2-0 90th minute vs new zeland...nz scores 2 goals in extra time, i lose....

dodgers up 6-0, vs. phillies... they lose...

just so many more... i could list for days.... so ******* sickening..

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

name your bad beats from the past year here...

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Lost 10 grand on UCLA on Saturday....get over it man. Its gambling.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

sorry 2 hear man , ive had my fair share as well ... a lot of these games are toss ups... any side could've won right from the beginning. Thats why they say risk 1 % of ur roll on each play. No single play should hurt your bankroll. You just have to get over it, look back on your mistakes, learn from them and take a fresh look at the board.

I hope you get it back !

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

my fav in years was when K. Durantula handed the ball off killing the clock to Coach Carlisle an they hit a three to kill the total and the side... Fk was I snapping... It wasn't even within the game.. it was... HANDING THE BALL OFF to the COACH!!!

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Lost 10 grand on UCLA on Saturday....get over it man. Its gambling.
    10 bucks u mean.

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

The games are crazy whether you bet on them or not. I didn't have the Maryland/Miami game so it didn't affect me. I did however have the Yankees on the RL today. They get way down come back and lead 11-8 into the 8th and give up one and the Mariano comes in the 9th and gets 2 outs and then Bal steals 2nd and get a single down 2 (why run?) and make it 11-10. I lose. Big deal. Shit will happen all the time both ways.

You can't let the losses affect you. Like someone else said your probably betting too much if your losses hurt that much. BOL on your next play.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    another ******* awful beat with miami +4... literally my horrible luck from mlb... carried over to football... shit never changes.... if you looked over the past year at some of my loses.. its enough to drive a man crazy, and into a mental hospital... wont even list all of them... besides miami tonight... just from the past few months.. mexico soccer up 2-0 90th minute vs new zeland...nz scores 2 goals in extra time, i lose.... dodgers up 6-0, vs. phillies... they lose... just so many more... i could list for days.... so ******* sickening..
    cry much?

no one ever hears about the winners when guys bitch about these losses

2ForTheMoney
    2ForTheMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

That's crazy.. Is there a video of this.. I so wanna see ut

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

you will be back.. just fade paco/henryhill/canuckg/brock landers/tr88..

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Recent, that Wake game vs. Cuse was tough, just moved to the next game.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

I think it's time for Corbin to make one of his "Don't Quit" videos.

We aren't quitters here at SBR.

Be stronger than that, men.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Whats good about gambling is tonight you can lose your car and say your never gambling again but when you wake up your ready to roll even if you have no car.

Best of luck

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Whats good about gambling is tonight you can lose your car and say your never gambling again but when you wake up your ready to roll even if you have no car. Best of luck
    JJ speaks from experience

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Whats good about gambling is tonight you can lose your car and say your never gambling again but when you wake up your ready to roll even if you have no car.

Best of luck

So true. I've quit baseball like four times now.

I bet chump change and am like this. I can't believe some of you fvcks lay big money on this shit.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    my fav in years was when K. Durantula handed the ball off killing the clock to Coach Carlisle an they hit a three to kill the total and the side... Fk was I snapping... It wasn't even within the game.. it was... HANDING THE BALL OFF to the COACH!!!
    I remeber that vividly!! I lost on that bs play as well it's unreal how many ways you can lose by fluke things happening...it never ends

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I feel like this too, but I just have to go back, and remember my first ever huge parlay hit, bet 250 to win 1500 5 team S.U. I needed the patriots to win, this was two years ago now first week monday night football. Patriots are down by 4 or 5 anyways, 4 or so minutes left patriots kick it deep because they have all their time outs, and the buffalo kicker fumbles the ball and the patriots recover and score.

I think i was 19 at the time, place it on Intertops.com You never forget your first big win, i even recorded my reaction on camera after it was done, unfortunately it was lost to my virus laptop.

Gambling is tough, i just went through a terrible 10 days, but now i have made all that money back plus more. You just got to keep going at it, and a good 3 days stretch you will feel much better.

But if you are seriously mentally ill, where it effects your daily life, maybe its better to stop all together. Don't want to have to hear about you doing anything stupid after a big loss. All in All its money, it a game. Its money, you still have the rest of you life to make it back.

Maybe I do look at things from a different prospective because at the age of 14 i was told by my doctors that i was either going to die or i was never going to walk again so i should do something i love, or go somewhere i want to because i won't be able to.

Its all in prospective.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

If you know how to manage a BR (and you weren't taking a shot in these games), then the losses shouldn't affect you so much. Its only a few % on each game right??

Good and bad tends to even out, particularly in sport, but you tend to remember the bad a lot more.

If you took a shot, then, yeah, you got chimped today, although Maryland had their chances to have the cover sewn up a lot earlier.

Missed FG by Maryland, then that phantom penalty on 3rd and 20.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    another ******* awful beat with miami +4... literally my horrible luck from mlb... carried over to football... shit never changes....

if you looked over the past year at some of my loses.. its enough to drive a man crazy, and into a mental hospital... wont even list all of them...

besides miami tonight...

just from the past few months..

mexico soccer up 2-0 90th minute vs new zeland...nz scores 2 goals in extra time, i lose....

dodgers up 6-0, vs. phillies... they lose...

just so many more... i could list for days.... so ******* sickening..

In the Soccer world cup last year when NZ was playing their opening match against Slovaki, at the 90 minute mark with NZ losing 1-0 some punter over here in NZ dropped $80k to win $800 on the other team at $1.01 h2h.

Then this happened:

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

#1 Dont' fuk'in bet on soccer. #2 Dont' bet on pre-season NFL and early college games. #3 There are no locks, only upsets. Don't chase the lock, bet the home team, bet the upset!

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

had a $100 teaser play lose by -0.5 pts on ONE GOD DAMN PLAY friday/saturday.. Hit the other three of the four teaser,.perfect...came down to one final game and lost it by a half a damn point!!

Also had a nice little 3 team parlay for $50 goin on two spreads and a total for last weeks and Sat. Oak/Seattle nflx game..lost by 1pt..because some jackass decides to score with 5 minutes left in the game when they couldnt score all game...
    freakin lines..
    sometimes they are in your favor,..but other times..I could toss my tv out my 5 story building..

Middle of Last season I actually got a little pillow football, to throw around my tv area,.because I was breaking to many glasses/beer bottles throwing them against the walls..
    Guess its that time of year again,.time to bring mr. softy football back..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never give up Bears just dont go overboard

I expect you betting this week

Best of luck

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

We will get your house bears

go big this weekend & you will win

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chasing the Dragon can get under your skin. But if you bet wisely for entertainment, you can have some fun. However, if you are chasing losses it will catch up to you. Last night had Miami +7.5 on a live play. Tough loss, but these things usually even out.

Radio Bemba
    Radio Bemba's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    In the Soccer world cup last year when NZ was playing their opening match against Slovaki, at the 90 minute mark with NZ losing 1-0 some punter over here in NZ dropped $80k to win $800 on the other team at $1.01 h2h.

Then this happened:

You can't say this was the smartest move. I remember being very happy for NZ when that went in!

In my opinion this kind of thing happens in basketball/football too often to be pissed off about it. These kind of bad beats are almost regular in nature.