illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

My opinion on Yanks/Sox game

I was salivating, waiting for the books to overreact to CC's poor performance over the last month or so but I was especially waiting for them to overreact to the way he has pitched against the Red Sox.

You can imagine my surprise when I saw them open at -150 on pinnacle. I said at that moment "Wow they actually got that line just about perfect as it relates to probability. But that is a dumb thing to do. People will want to jizz all over the Red Sox there. They could've made the yankees -135 and gotten only a very small dip in action on the Red Sox. IOW they could still get tons of action on the sox but at a bad number so the book's would be sitting pretty."

Like clockwork they get pounded at a slightly -ev(at best for them) line instead of getting essentially the same betting discrepancy only, this time, they would hold a position against extremely -ev plays.

Obviously as a bettor I was glad to see the yankees dip down to -131 and I took it.

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am really heavy on the Yanks but am very scared right now after Lackey's 1-2-3 eight pitch first inning.

If the Red Sox touch up CC here in the bottom of the 1st inning this game might be over.

/scared as fukk

illfuuptn

Just like any market, we are given imperfect information and must make the best decision we can, given that imperfect info. We can only make an estimate of Lackey and CC's performances. If Lackey happens to exceed expectations and has an "on" night then we might lose. The same goes for CC possibly pitching bad. I don't concern myself with these kinds of things since they don't affect you either way in the long run and the only way to benefit is by having insider knowledge which is not practical for 99.999999999% of us.

SaintsFan

CC dealing tonight. Get your live bets in on NYY before it's too late, fellas.

illfuuptn

Oh and, just as with all my bets against the Red Sox, GO RED SOX!

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sharp money on Boston

Sox or no play

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Sharp money on Boston

Sox or no play
    im square yanks tonight

SaintsFan

******* posada. jesus christ.

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Sharp money on Boston

Sox or no play
    Sabathia at -130 v's Lackey is the common sense play.

An Obama avatar still? Seriously? Dude is more impotent than the SF Giants batting order.

That's like a die-hard Republican having Bush's avatar up in 2007
    Last edited by SaintsFan; 08-30-11 at 06:50 PM.

Ingram$
    Ingram$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

oh my...