4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Well, I learned the most valuable lesson of my life this month, no matter how much $ me/family have, it couldnt buy me good health. I had to have my left kidney cut out on the 15th of this month, cancer. Im lucky it was caught very early and it didnt spread anywhere else, but here is a lesson for all you young guys who think your invincible.DONT SMOKE, I quit smoking ciggs in 1997 and in 2011 they caught up with me, so guys be smart dont smoke ciggs.

Health is # 1, money is great, but even with all the great stuff in medical science, there are somethings they just cant prevent, only your own actions can,JMO.

later
    amen brother.

thanks for sharing and i wish you the best of health in the forthcoming years

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Terrible example, without money you'd be dead, those cancer surgeons usually drive Lamborghinis and live in mansions
    Your opinion, but there is a thing called health insurance that pretty much covers the whole expense in my case.

later

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Cap day ass is one of the sharpest posters at SBR.

Anyone who thinks money equates to happiness has little clue about life.

Some of the most miserable, most unhappy prikks I know are extremely wealthy.

They have little to no involvement in their kids' lives, and usually several failed marriages. Their lives revolve only around their wealth, and it's basically sucked out all the good things in life.

But no matter how much money they have, they'll never be truly rich.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Your opinion, but there is a thing called health insurance that pretty much covers the whole expense in my case.

later
    Doc didnt work for free, your health cost somebody a fortune. Thats why ppl want health insurance, they know how much health costs

later

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Cap day ass is one of the sharpest posters at SBR.

Anyone who thinks money equates to happiness has little clue about life.

Some of the most miserable, most unhappy prikks I know are extremely wealthy.

They have little to no involvement in their kids' lives, and usually several failed marriages. Their lives revolve only around their wealth, and it's basically sucked out all the good things in life.

But no matter how much money they have, they'll never be truly rich.

Opie is a brokedik guaranteed

I lost my job, home, car but at least Im still "truly" happy

$$$$$= everything
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-23-11 at 11:50 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

capitalist pig - my heart goes out to you. All of us damage our bodies whether intentionally or not and it saddens me to see a cool guy go through this. Sending every good vibe I have your way. xoxo

As for the question: I think money can't buy a lot of things that aren't either tangible or aren't about you personally. I was lucky - grew up in a family with a bit of cash and worked my butt off to make sure I'd kind of be ok. But when you don't worry about one thing, you worry about another. Whether it's your child, your spouse, your parents... And if you're the type that doesn't worry about any of those than it may be about your internet connection dying, getting banned from an online forum, etc... People with money have freedom to a certain extent. But they're also tied into managing that money to prevent it disappearing like 99% of lottery winners have seen happen. That takes effort - or at the very least reducing your wealth so someone else can expend that effort. And truthfully, I was just as happy today in the park with my son as I've ever been doing more flashy things. I luckily had the means to do something more extravagant between 2-5pm today but I didn't give a rats ass about doing so. Not sure having money equates to your level of happiness if you have the basics covered. However I do feel blessed each month when I pay my bills and I don't worry about still trying to figure out a way to eat. I'll never be inconsiderate of that or take that for granted.

Could be wrong though.
    Last edited by shari91; 08-23-11 at 12:01 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Human feces. Money can't buy it. Put a picture of your feces on Ebay and see if someone buys it. Leave it outside and try to sell it on a yard sale. No one will buy it.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

A time machine.

bettilimbroke999

Only thing money cant buy is peace of mind

Unless you stay drugged out all day

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Can't buy loyalty, happiness, character, common sense, wisdom, patience, imagination, compassion, integrity, tolerance to name a few
    loyalty- buy 10 armed guards and some highly trained dogs
    happiness- you can buy everything you like that makes you happy
    character- when you have money, you dont as readily consider stealing and hurting people as a viable investment strategy. it is easier to be a law-abiding citizen.
    common sense- it can give you the training and education and knowledge that will help you see the world in a way where you can make better decisions and train your mind.
    wisdom- thats one.
    patience- would you rather sit in a waiting room with an ipad and a steak or would you rather be waiting there being impatient with a yoyo and a eggplant?
    imagination- two i guess.
    compassion- it allots you the ability to display compassion easier through more means.
    integrity- see "character" above
    tolerance- not even sure what you mean here.

money can buy a lot of things or the means through which these things can be achieved.

thejanitor
    thejanitor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

time

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1288

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    capitalist pig - my heart goes out to you. All of us damage our bodies whether intentionally or not and it saddens me to see a cool guy go through this. Sending every good vibe I have your way. xoxo

As for the question: I think money can't buy a lot of things that aren't either tangible or aren't about you personally. I was lucky - grew up in a family with a bit of cash and worked my butt off to make sure I'd kind of be ok. But when you don't worry about one thing, you worry about another. Whether it's your child, your spouse, your parents... And if you're the type that doesn't worry about any of those than it may be about your internet connection dying, getting banned from an online forum, etc... People with money have freedom to a certain extent. But they're also tied into managing that money to prevent it disappearing like 99% of lottery winners have seen happen. That takes effort - or at the very least reducing your wealth so someone else can expend that effort. And truthfully, I was just as happy today in the park with my son as I've ever been doing more flashy things. I luckily had the means to do something more extravagant between 2-5pm today but I didn't give a rats ass about doing so. Not sure having money equates to your level of happiness if you have the basics covered. However I do feel blessed each month when I pay my bills and I don't worry about still trying to figure out a way to eat. I'll never be inconsiderate of that or take that for granted.

Could be wrong though.
    Good answer !

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    I disagree with happiness, because $ does buy happiness. When you are winning money, you are happy.
    When you go vacations, you are happy. Without money, you can't go vacations. When you have money to buy cars, dream homes, you are happy. Thus I don't believe it doesn't buy happiness.
    The most miserable guy I know inherited about $70 million at age 37. He's now in his early 60's. Didn't do a damn thing for him.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

so far the good ones I've seen are time and good health.

First 12