BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Agreed.....Shitty loss, yes.....bad beat, ehhh probably not

This is expected with shithead Kevin Gregg and Baltimore
    Exactly. This is why Balty sucks.

I mean it sucks to lose that way but I'm shocked Balty was even in that position after they trailed 6-4 in the 8th.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    First 5 was the play because of this shit, but yeh I moved that line and it was a loser anyways
    umm.. Angels were ahead after 5 too.

Angels $$$$

LOL @ the people acting like it cashed, even though Kevin fuckin Gregg is the closer for the O's.... morons on SBR, i tell ya.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    First 5 was the play because of this shit, but yeh I moved that line and it was a loser anyways
    You moved it? What book, how much did the line move and at what time, are you talking during live betting? Thats not hard to do.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Over was the play like I said before the game.....Just cannot back a team like this with nothing to play for across country against a team great at home fighting for the division....If your line movements say so, bet a unit or 2, why $1000? Orioles are a joke.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Its just one of those tough beats. I'm over it already. A +130 dog with a 2 run lead going to the bottom of the 12th? I would take it every time. It won't change my approach.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Its just one of those tough beats. I'm over it already. A +130 dog with a 2 run lead going to the bottom of the 12th? I would take it every time. It won't change my approach.
    Good point.....you have been running shit all season

BrianLaverty

A bad beat? huh?

Orioles were down 6-4 going into the 8th.... They were like +1000 on pinnacle at the time... so I would say OP is lucky to even have that chance.

BrianLaverty

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    You moved it? What book, how much did the line move and at what time, are you talking during live betting? Thats not hard to do.
    Its not hard to move lines on some books.

Go to 5dimes... max bet a prop or reduced line.. and watch how quick it moves.

I once moved a yes/no first inning score prop at 5dimes from -105 to -170. I max bet it 5 times and it moved 15 cents each time.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    A bad beat? huh?

Orioles were down 6-4 going into the 8th.... They were like +1000 on pinnacle at the time... so I would say OP is lucky to even have that chance.

They were not +1000. They were +457 at most. Anyways I lost and I accept that. Angels were overpriced.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I once moved a yes/no first inning score prop at 5dimes from -105 to -170. I max bet it 5 times and it moved 15 cents each time.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

They were not +1000. They were +457 at most. Anyways I lost and I accept that. Angels were overpriced.
    Sorry but there's no chance a +130 dog down 2 in the bottom of the 8th is a +430 dog.. much higher.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

umm.. Angels were ahead after 5 too.

Angels $$$$

LOL @ the people acting like it cashed, even though Kevin fuckin Gregg is the closer for the O's.... morons on SBR, i tell ya.
    I said it was a loser you cant read to the end of sentence, I'm just mean first 5 had much more value than full game

2011-ONLINEat07:54 AM
    [#101435871] STRAIGHT BET (Risking: 690.00 - To Win: 600.00)
    08/20/2011 - 06:10 PM MLB [1979] 1H BAL ORIOLES +½-115( T HUNTER -R / J PINEIRO -R )
    Score: 1H BAL ORIOLES(4) - 1H LA ANGELS(5) LOSE
    -

BigDofBA

A bad beat? huh? Orioles were down 6-4 going into the 8th.... They were like +1000 on pinnacle at the time... so I would say OP is lucky to even have that chance.
    That's how I feel. I don't understand how it's a bad beat when your pick was losing 6-4 in the 8th.

I do agree it was a shitty way to lose but the Angels still had two guys on base with one out when the game ended. They probably would have scored at least 5 more runs if the game continued.

A bad beat is when you have two outs, two strikes, a guy gets on by an errror, the next guy walks, and then someone hits a homer. Some BS like that or your team is winning the entire game and blows a big lead in the bottom of the 9th. It's not like the O's led this game the entire way. The Angel led the majority of the game and the O's got lucky to tie it up late.

It wasn't like the Angels were ever down to their last out or strike in this game.

This is what the Orioles do. They find ways to lose. This play was risky as hell but I'm not going to second guess Lakerboy. He is a good capper and it's easy to second guess after the fact. He makes crazy picks like this and they usually cash.

He handled it a lot better than I would have. I was pissed after the Cardinals blew a 4-2 lead in the 7th and I only
    lost a little over a $100 on Friday. LOL.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 08-21-11 at 12:23 AM.

BrianLaverty

How much do you wanna bet on that?

08/20/11 11:02:39pm +875 -1500

Baltimore was +875 on pinnacle before the 8th inning started.

BrianLaverty

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

This is what the Orioles do. They find ways to lose. This play was risky as hell but I'm not going to second guess Lakerboy. He is a good capper and it's easy to second guess after the fact. He makes crazy picks like this and they usually cash.
    Exactly.

The Orioles are a dog on every road game for a reason... they don't know how to win on the road.

Its ridiculous that people would bet on a dog, and then complain its a bad beat when they inevitably lose it late in the game. The bullpen on the road is one reason why they are so bad, and are dogged every game.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Thats the point I know he's not betting much to move a baseball line before the game started, so I suspected it was a live play line. Props arnt hard to move either, but try moving moneyline or runline say 30 minutes to an hour before the game starts, you probably could a little on a high dog, also depends on what book it is.

BigDofBA

If this was a bad beat, then wasn't the Houston game an extremely lucky win??? I think he had 2k on Houston.

The Cubs had the bases loaded one inning with no outs and did not score.

Another inning the Cubs had runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs. They didn't score that inning either.

In the 9th inning, the Cubs had runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs. They did not score! What are the odds of that happening. I mean, a sac fly, ground ball, hit, wild pitch, balk, etc. There are so many ways in which the Cubs could have scored at least one run in any of those innings and any type of hit probably wins the game for them.

Meanwhile, I believe the shitty Astros scored all of their runs with two outs and miraculous won the game 4-3.
    Considering the Cubs left that many runners in scoring position with no outs, I would say that was an extremely lucky win.

You can't even begin to call this game a bad beat when your team was trailing 6-4 in the 8th and trailed most of the game. The better team won.

It evens out. Again, I'm not hating. LB is way better at this than me. I'm just trying to put some perspective on it. He was luckier to win the Astros game than he was unlucky to lose this one. I wouldn't even really call this game unlucky either. It was just a shitty way to lose which the O's have done time and time again this year. That is why they suck and are not favored against teams like the Angels.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!

LB: you love those risks but my heart couldn't take it. I'd rather grind it out with the big boy faves.

sorry this didn't cash but it seems like most your plays do. BOL next time!

Julian9
    Julian9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1377

A bad beat? huh?

he said tough beat.... its completely different than a bad beat but you wouldnt be smart enough to understand the fact he is talking about being up 2 runs going into the bottom of the 12th inning and losing. I am going to send you all 130 points that I have for being such a moron, take the points and please buy a book and read it, thanks

Julian9
    Julian9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1377

oh yeah and this story just changed my life forever.. way to go.... I bet you can take a shit all by yourself and dont have to wake up your mother to help you anymore

btw I cant send you my points guess you will have to get mom to drop you off to a library

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Julian9 View Post
    oh yeah and this story just changed my life forever.. way to go.... I bet you can take a shit all by yourself and dont have to wake up your mother to help you anymore btw I cant send you my points guess you will have to get mom to drop you off to a library
    No he cant. I was there last night and sure enough around 2 am his desperate cries from the bathroom woke me up

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

it should. they were +135 or better for hours, you talk to a guy about lines, then bet a bad one. Not busting your ass here just saying.

These types of games epitomize why you need to get the best lines possible. it was a 'bad' beat. But had it won you left money on the table by getting a shit line. So that money would help make up for beats like this. Long term every penny counts.

gambling is a coin flip in a lot of games, Os with a 2 run lead in extras are supposed to be a big favorite, even with their staff, they ended up losing. So even with a big edge you end up losing a few games. So if you have that big an edge with 3 outs having a big edge before the game means very little. Something I have tried to tell people for years.

Guys dont like to hear preaching after the fact, but this is a good game to look at and see all the mistakes made and how things can happen in sports and why the general 'rules' are what they are. At least for people who want to be successful.

orioles
    orioles's Avatar Become A Pro!

No lead is ever safe with the O's.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    it should. they were +135 or better for hours, you talk to a guy about lines, then bet a bad one. Not busting your ass here just saying.

These types of games epitomize why you need to get the best lines possible. it was a 'bad' beat. But had it won you left money on the table by getting a shit line. So that money would help make up for beats like this. Long term every penny counts.

gambling is a coin flip in a lot of games, Os with a 2 run lead in extras are supposed to be a big favorite, even with their staff, they ended up losing. So even with a big edge you end up losing a few games. So if you have that big an edge with 3 outs having a big edge before the game means very little. Something I have tried to tell people for years.

Guys dont like to hear preaching after the fact, but this is a good game to look at and see all the mistakes made and how things can happen in sports and why the general 'rules' are what they are. At least for people who want to be successful.

i see your point but i play mostly at pinnacle. it opened at +133 and closed at +126. i got +130. not sure how bad i did. yes the greek opened much higher but i dont sit there in front of a pc all day staring at the lines and i dont do this for a living. im successful at what i do and im not a bad gambler. most of the time i get good numbers. i still beat the closer on this one as well.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

bad beat man ... it happens to the best of us. You did have some really awesome luck earlier in the week when D-Backs beat the Phillies and Astros beat Cubs
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Ice House 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

I thought I had tailed you on Balti last night and was really fuckin pissed off about the bad beat... then I woke up this morning and looked at my open bets and I guess I accidentally bet them to win today... I must of been so baked yesterday... smh... Do they stand any chance at winning today?

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Tough beat laker boy-----you are also an unluckysob.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38361

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice bump daimo.

First ... 2345