DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8482

deep fried butter is here!

Eating Badly: Deep Fried Butter

By Jim Vorel

Remember the deep fried brownie at Decatur Celebration?
    So blase. So last year (and the year before, even).
    No, the hot thing this year has without a doubt been the emergence of “deep fried butter” to the forefront of the American consciousness at state fairs across the country.
    You may have already heard about it. I certainly have been for the past few weeks–I couldn’t seem to navigate the internet without hearing about the battered butter on a stick available at this year’s Iowa State Fair. Check that sucker out:
    That's the glaze they're drizzling. Don't be immature.

Looks like a corn dog, doesn’t it? Essentially what they do to make this thing is take a stick of butter and dip it into a sugary, cinnamon-flavored batter before it goes to the fryer. Then it’s finished with some sort of glaze before you eat it, because eating a stick of deep fried butter without the proper glazing smacks of barbarism.
    The actual action of eating it, however, isn’t quite what you might imagine. Which is to say, when you bite into this thing, there’s no chewy wad of butter in the middle waiting for you. Instead, the butter has melted, soaking into the breading. People describe the taste as somewhere between cinnamon bun and french toast, apparently. Of course, some liquid butter remains, splashing out to scald your quavering, presumably pudgy lips. Observe:
    I love the way the liquid butter oozes all over the dude’s hands at around 2 minutes in. Bleh.
    The fun thing about deep fried butter though, is that the Iowans are hardly the only ones to have jumped on this bandwagon at this year’s state fair, and their way of preparing fried butter is far from the only method. Deep fried butter can also be found at the Wisconsin State Fair this year, except theirs is stickless, and more of a savory snack than a sugary desert. They come in bulb-type shapes, wrapped in a wonton and fried. Check it:

Read more: Herald & Review Blogs http://www.herald-review.com/app/blo...#ixzz1VQfyEpLI
    From the Herald & Review

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1569

That reminds me. I'm going to make one of those burgers that they sell at some minor league ball park in the Midwest. The one with a Krispy Kreme donut instead of a roll.

If you don't hear from me again, you know why.