TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Person 2 person transaction deposits not working anymore

I tried funding a couple accounts through the 2 main p2p money transfer companies, which is what I have done in the past no problem, and they wouldn't let them go through. Received calls from their fraud departments wanting to know how I knew the receiver, what was the money for, etc. I tried to make it sound good but they then determined the transaction was a fraud risk and informed me I would be refunded in full, like that was doing me a favor. So then I had to race back to the location and jump through a bunch of hoops and hope they haven't deposited my cash in the bank yet. Luckily I got both refunds.

Wonder what has happened that the transactions are being flagged for risk. Anyone else been having problems? Guess I have to wire money now which I really wanted to avoid.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

what was the size of these transactions? where do you live?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

sounds like you got fukkin blacklisted by **
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

No Mames!

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    what was the size of these transactions? where do you live?
    2-3 k. Live in USA.

Yeah Brock I'm thinking I was blacklisted too. I said to the lady "instead of us both wasting eachothers' time can you just tell me have I been flagged for some reason, and I then I won't use you anymore?" but she wouldn't admit to that, just said it was flagged by the computer and they didn't want to perform the transaction because they couldn't guarantee it. I called bullshit and said I release you from any liability now send the money and she just kept repeating the same two sentences. No one else has had this problem?

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

you are probably doing transactions with max limits/frequently/by using your bank account online (profiling) ??

Thats the only reason I can think of.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    you are probably doing transactions with max limits/frequently/by using your bank account online (profiling) ??

Thats the only reason I can think of.
    No, In the past few years I have funded accts exclusively with the main p2p company. The only exception was matchbook which I used wire transfers. That has been awhile though.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

The amount is a red flag. I've had issues in the past and understand your situation somewhat. Timing is also a factor. Just adapt.

thejanitor
    thejanitor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    2-3 k. Live in USA.

Yeah Brock I'm thinking I was blacklisted too. I said to the lady "instead of us both wasting eachothers' time can you just tell me have I been flagged for some reason, and I then I won't use you anymore?" but she wouldn't admit to that, just said it was flagged by the computer and they didn't want to perform the transaction because they couldn't guarantee it. I called bullshit and said I release you from any liability now send the money and she just kept repeating the same two sentences. No one else has had this problem?
    Only last fall trying to fund 5d. Got a call from p2p and their statement was "that person is unable to receive funds". Went back to the store and they asked if I knew the person and I just said "not personally", and they gave me the cash back.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

are deposits more harder/riskier than withdrawals via p2p ??

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    are deposits more harder/riskier than withdrawals via p2p ??
    Not sure, never done a withdrawal p2p, just get checks by courier.