1. #1
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    People Who Think Betting Big Favorites is Stupid

    When are you people gonna understand that there's nothing wrong with playing big favorites in baseball as long as it's a smart play???? (not taking a pitcher who traditionally struggles against a bad team, etc...)



    If you had bet 3,000 dollars blindly on every single Phillies game moneyline this year, you would have made nearly $60,000 dollars gambling. If you bet 3,000 dollars blindly against every single Houston Astros game this year, you would have made over $90,000 dollars gambling



    I want everybody on this site to think about that the next time they bash somebody for taking a big favorite and calling them a "square"

  2. #2
    emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-12-09
    Posts: 1,481
    Betpoints: 25

    I don't know how these sportsbooks stay in business with guys like you running around.
    Points Awarded:

    Djstucky gave emoney 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rich Boy, and yisman

  3. #3
    SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 4,157
    Betpoints: 6314

    you tell em guy

  4. #4
    ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-23-09
    Posts: 4,671

    why do you make stupid threads all the time?

  5. #5
    Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-26-10
    Posts: 15,029
    Betpoints: 269

    Why didn't you make this thread when Arizona was down 7-1

  6. #6
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Why didn't you make this thread when Arizona was down 7-1


    I took Texas today and Red sox on their series, I didn't take arizona



    8th winning day out of 11 days of gamblings in baseball, Ive turned a 300 dollar bankroll into nearly 2000 dollars in a little more than a week

  7. #7
    ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 18,816
    Betpoints: 1080

    lol how'd arizona work out for you yesterday?

  8. #8
    ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 18,816
    Betpoints: 1080

    of course you didnt

  9. #9
    FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-15-09
    Posts: 1,769
    Betpoints: 120

    ^^
    I have 3 comments cha-chi.
    #1- You've created WAY too many threads discussing this exact topic or something very similar. We dont need a new one every day.
    #2- How did you come up with these calculations???? You pulled every Philly\Astro's game (115+ games a piece) with ML's and tallied wins and losses and this is what you came up with??? (would bet 10 to 1 there is no way this is what you did.)
    #3- You used an average bet size of 3,000 a game. This is a HUGE play even for a professional level baseball capper.
    ....This thread is a huge fail imo. I'll try to remember not to open your threads in the future.

  10. #10
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    #2- How did you come up with these calculations???? .

    http://www.sportsbookreview.com/mlb-baseball.../20110810-951/



    look at the phillies money on the season - nearly 2000 dollars


    that means if you bet 100 dollars on each one of their games, you would have made 2000 dollars



    increase that bet to, let's say, 1500 per game and you're looking at around 30,000 dollars

  11. #11
    FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-15-09
    Posts: 1,769
    Betpoints: 120

    Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I took Texas today and Red sox on their series, I didn't take arizona 8th winning day out of 11 days of gamblings in baseball, Ive turned a 300 dollar bankroll into nearly 2000 dollars in a little more than a week
    ......So is it just a giant coincidence that every time you post any thoughts or plays they crash and burn.... or....
    Is it possible you're one of the many teenagers who frequent this site and enjoy story telling?
    (i would lean toward the later)

  12. #12
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 82,787
    Betpoints: 194

    Brahma go and do a few lines. U really must be getting paid by sbr.

  13. #13
    Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-27-11
    Posts: 2,994

    Quote Originally Posted by emoney View Post
    I don't know how these sportsbooks stay in business with guys like you running around.
    I don't care who you are this shit is funny...

  14. #14
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    ......So is it just a giant coincidence that every time you post any thoughts or plays they crash and burn.... or.... Is it possible you're one of the many teenagers who frequent this site and enjoy story telling? (i would lean toward the later)

    everything I said is legit, I have posted pictures of my account going from 300 - 1500


    I'll post pictures of it being 2500+ by end of this week




    for some reason, I have had absolutely horrible luck on my posted plays on this site in baseball, but my posted plays are no more than maybe 35% of the plays I actually make
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 08-09-11 at 11:04 PM.

  15. #15
    Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-24-11
    Posts: 5,366

    your mom must of dropped you on your head when you were a baby. she shoulda just aborted you

  16. #16
    Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-08
    Posts: 7,698
    Betpoints: 12311

    Having looked at the stats of teams, since 1997 there are only 3 or 4 teams out of 30 that are + money, and it's some miniscule amount. The majority of teams are like -100 units etc...

    I do agree with you that betting heavy favorites shouldn't be looked down upon, it's smart sometimes, but I do disagree that repeatedly betting on one team is beneficial. I see it working short term (ie up to one season), but nothing long term, as the stats show.

  17. #17
    iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-08
    Posts: 15,603

    another rook that already has it all figured out.... big things for you in the future, can see it already

  18. #18
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Having looked at the stats of teams, since 1997 there are only 3 or 4 teams out of 30 that are + money, and it's some miniscule amount. The majority of teams are like -100 units etc... I do agree with you that betting heavy favorites shouldn't be looked down upon, it's smart sometimes, but I do disagree that repeatedly betting on one team is beneficial. I see it working short term (ie up to one season), but nothing long term, as the stats show.


    only a retard would play every single game of a team blindly


    I was just making a point

  19. #19
    Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-27-11
    Posts: 2,994

    I got an idea boy wonder why don't we just make things easier and only bet the team/play that's going to win. Start a thread and tell us how to do that. The hell with trying to figure out if and when we should bet a fav or a dog let's only bet the winners.

  20. #20
    neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 6,304

    I guess people would say I bet on the favorites a lot, but I have made a killing this year. So they can continue on thinking whatever about me, and I will enjoy my success.

  21. #21
    paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-07-09
    Posts: 62,834
    Betpoints: 1275

    I'm starting to think there are 3 different posters that use this handle cuz every other day it is a different tune/theory.

    Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016


  22. #22
    ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-11-08
    Posts: 4,177
    Betpoints: 36

    Settle down rookie. You've been betting baseball not even 2 weeks and you've got it all figured out? That just shows how immature you really are. You keep posting thesse dumb threads everyday based on a sample size of your first 12 days ever betting baseball. So now you know it all. Wait till you have a bad 2 or 3 day streak and go like 3-8 laying -210 per game. Then come back and do another one of these stupid fukkin threads about how you lost your bankroll in 2 days. Now go get your fukkin shinebox.

  23. #23
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Settle down rookie. You've been betting baseball not even 2 weeks and you've got it all figured out? That just shows how immature you really are. You keep posting thesse dumb threads everyday based on a sample size of your first 12 days ever betting baseball. So now you know it all. Wait till you have a bad 2 or 3 day streak and go like 3-8 laying -210 per game. Then come back and do another one of these stupid fukkin threads about how you lost your bankroll in 2 days. Now go get your fukkin shinebox.
    I heard this same line of horseshit during the nba playoffs when I won nearly 70 percent of my bets ATS


    When you're good, you're good. End of story

  24. #24
    sweethook
    hes one of us
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-21-07
    Posts: 12,094
    Betpoints: 512

    the games are not much more than a coin flip my friend. there all pro's from what i hear , so why lay so much on a flip , gl/

  25. #25
    iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-08
    Posts: 15,603

    you guys better start smelling what the Rock is cookin... guy has this MLB shit locked down after only 2 weeks

  26. #26
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    you guys better start smelling what the Rock is cookin... guy has this MLB shit locked down after only 2 weeks
    Really brah u think I have it locked down???






















    IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT U THINK!!!!!

  27. #27
    FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-15-09
    Posts: 1,769
    Betpoints: 120

    Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I heard this same line of horseshit during the nba playoffs when I won nearly 70 percent of my bets ATS When you're good, you're good. End of story
    Guy you cant post a winner to save your life and the gambling theories you post are right out of a gambling for idiots book
    Slow down with the story telling

  28. #28
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Guy you cant post a winner to save your life and the gambling theories you post are right out of a gambling for idiots book Slow down with the story telling
    orly???


    my record since I started gambling



    7/30/11 Brewers - 1.5 - WIN
    7/31/11 Yankees - 1.5 - WIN
    7/31/11 Brewers/Cards ML parlay - LOSS
    8/1/11 Yankees - 185 - WIN
    8/2/11 Red sox - 1.5 - LOSS
    8/3/11 Yankees - 118 - WIN
    8/3/11 Phillies - 1.5 - WIN
    8/4/11 Yankees - 120 - WIN
    8/5/11 Angels - 250 - WIN
    8/6/11 CHI/CIN U 7.5 - LOSS
    8/6/11 Twins + 105 for series - LOSS
    8/6/11 Detroit - 189 - WIN
    8/7/11 Padres - 124 - WIN
    8/7/11 Red Sox - 167 - WIN
    8/8/11 Arizona - 180 - LOSS
    8/9/11 Rangers - 190 - WIN
    8/9/11 Red sox for Series - 155 - WIN


    That's a 12-5 record there, some decent size favorites there but that's still a terrific record with all things being considered (especially being my first 2 weeks of gambling in baseball ever)



    oh and I can show screen caps of any of those bets if you want for proof, just let me know

  29. #29
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 29,860
    Betpoints: 33

    Looks like the title of the thread is calling the kettle black.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


Top