SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Goog still a good buy and so is MA. AMZN is not doing much. YHOO at 11.40 looks nice. It was actually up .01 yesterday mid day.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    YHOO at 11.40 looks nice.
    Just because it is "cheap" shouldn't mean it looks nice. Not only are most technicals in the shitter but their business model is what? Online news? Where is growth going to come from? Makes no sense for a buy and hold investor.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

There will definitely be some more downside.

But if you think a certain stock is a good long term buy, then go for it, and just add to the position if it drops first.

If you think something is a buy, and fundamentals havent changed, then price drop is just great opportunity.

DONT LEVERAGE. DONT TRADE MUCH ON MARGIN RIGHT NOW.

You could get pushe dout fo a good long term position if you margin too much right now, and it coudl snowball on you.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Just because it is "cheap" shouldn't mean it looks nice. Not only are most technicals in the shitter but their business model is what? Online news? Where is growth going to come from? Makes no sense for a buy and hold investor.
    Yep. Yahoo is becoming irrelevant. Will be the next AOL.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I went in for 1000 shares of Ford Motor Company today (F)....charted it between $10 and 18.50...gonna ride it up...hopefully!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Yahoo is a great buy now. Fantasy football is about to start and they will have a great 4th quarter in earnings.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Yahoo! Inc.
    (NasdaqGS: YHOO )

Real Time 11.79 Up 0.70 (6.31%) 11:57AM EDT

Nice move. This is not a goog or amzn but its not priced the same either. At Yhoo's valuation it deserves a look here. It will not be an AOL because it is a portal. Plus, as we saw when msft tried to buy them, they would fit nicely in with someone especially at the current valuation.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Yahoo! Inc.
    (NasdaqGS: YHOO )

Real Time 11.79 Up 0.70 (6.31%) 11:57AM EDT

Nice move. This is not a goog or amzn but its not priced the same either. At Yhoo's valuation it deserves a look here. It will not be an AOL because it is a portal. Plus, as we saw when msft tried to buy them, they would fit nicely in with someone especially at the current valuation.
    For someone who ridicules traders and preaches the old and outdated buy and hold methods......YHOO stock has been flat for 2 years and 1/3 the price it was a few years ago for a reason.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I went in for 1000 shares of Ford Motor Company today (F)....charted it between $10 and 18.50...gonna ride it up...hopefully!

I bought F at 3 and sold it at 15, might buy some again. Going to buy at limit Proctor and Gamble.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    I just bought 10k shares of BAC @ $6.70, just for a trade.

later
    Just sold at $7.00, I see no reason holding onto anything with the Fed going to make a statement in less than an hour. Usually the markets tank when these guys open their mouths, of course with me selling now, it will probably keep going up .Still a nice $3000 profit in less than 24 hours, good luck to the rest of you.

later

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Quote Originally Posted by Jaug View Post
    Man this turned out to be a good buy. Up 13% today.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave Jaug 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Goog still a good buy and so is MA. AMZN is not doing much. YHOO at 11.40 looks nice. It was actually up .01 yesterday mid day.
    Just a reflection about Yahoo. I live in Europe and I havent heard anyone mention yahoo in the last 10 years. FYI.

Its all google and hotmail here.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

im in mo , i like 6% coin a year return

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Walker u rolled the dice today and ur numbers came up...Well done
    Bernanke's words has calmed things for now...Looking forward to buying some foreign owned Aussie company shares later today myself...Lets make that cash

SBR_John
    Wisky

YHOO 12.09 +0.99 +8.97% Yahoo! Inc.Chart for Yahoo! Inc.

BAC 7.60 +1.09 +16.74% BkofAma Corporation ComChart for BkofAma Corporation Com

MA 322.81 +30.85 +10.57% ********** Incorporated Common Chart for ********** Incorporated Common

SPY 117.48 +5.22 +4.65% SPDR S&P 500Chart for SPDR S&P 500

AMZN 205.09 +11.39 +5.88% Amazon.com, Inc.Chart for Amazon.com, Inc.

GOOG 573.41 +27.39 +5.02% Google Inc.Chart for Google Inc.

A couple of the stocks I bought dropped over 10 points after I bought them. Its been quite a ride. And quite a sale. MA was up 30. Even YHOO and BAC added 10%+ for the day. Sale seem to be over for now.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Now cash out you fukks!

Sell sell sell!

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice job men, glad no one had to jump off their building.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Now cash out you fukks! Sell sell sell!
    Not yet...Wait for asian futures to come out. Aussie markets will be where its at today due to the strong dollar and more stable economic conditions than any other country....Buy buy buy

tony_come

Good luck acoochy!

Will take my money out!

SBR_John
    Wisky

For someone who ridicules traders and preaches the old and outdated buy and hold methods......YHOO stock has been flat for 2 years and 1/3 the price it was a few years ago for a reason.
    Actually I do not ridicule traders. I am indeed one myself. But I'm also a long term investor. As far as YHOO goes I like its valuation and I liked the fact it was up .01 midday yesterday when the other 499 stocks in the SnP 500 were down. Technically speaking I thought that was very interesting.

For real investors I mentioned these are great times to pick up some great companies at a discounted price. I consider an "investment" to be held at least 18 months(for tax purposes) and anything under that is a trade.

By the way, the "old and out dated buy and hold" has made many common people millionaires. Its easy to do and out performs every other strategy and investment over the long term. Best way to do it is pretend you will sell everything when you reach 55. If you are 25 then you are planning on holding everything you buy this year for 30 years. You dont buy trades you buy great companies like a MA or a GOOG. Next year you buy something else. On your 55th birthday you sell them all for gazillions of dollars and live off the interest.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Walker crushed them today

tony_come

Don't trust the market

why put your trust in these fukks running these companies and the economy.

Nevermind...we are gamblers

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Actually I do not ridicule traders. I am indeed one myself. But I'm also a long term investor. As far as YHOO goes I like its valuation and I liked the fact it was up .01 midday yesterday when the other 499 stocks in the SnP 500 were down. Technically speaking I thought that was very interesting.
    For real investors I mentioned these are great times to pick up some great companies at a discounted price. I consider an "investment" to be held at least 18 months(for tax purposes) and anything under that is a trade.
    By the way, the "old and out dated buy and hold" has made many common people millionaires. Its easy to do and out performs every other strategy and investment over the long term. Best way to do it is pretend you will sell everything when you reach 55. If you are 25 then you are planning on holding everything you buy this year for 30 years. You dont buy trades you buy great companies like a MA or a GOOG. Next year you buy something else. On your 55th birthday you sell them all for gazillions of dollars and live off the interest.
    Damn straight, Johnny!

"Old, outdated buy & hold".....please. If making money long-term ever becomes outdated and out of style than please let me know.

It's funny how most of these brilliant day traders cashing in big on the stock market are some of the same guys worrying about getting "limited" at the books and always bitching how their "payouts" aren't timely??

Wish I could make easy money like theses sharps. Still have to make my living the old fashioned way....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

tony_come

You can pal

just live under your means

simple formula but greed will take over these fukks

ACoochy

Now that governments are no longer able to pump artificial stimulus into the economy the traditional 'buy and hold' mentality is something im definitely going to be looking more into...Although anyone that thinks that the next 24 months arent gonna have more bad days than (in the US markets at least) good really needs to rethink their approach as alot of negatively geared news re employment, housing etc is gonna take its toll, no doubt....
    PS thanx tony and GL Pal..

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    It's funny how most of these brilliant day traders cashing in big on the stock market are some of the same guys worrying about getting "limited" at the books
    Opie, you try opening books offshore (oh thats right u cant), make a couple of arb wagers to only then get accused of being an 'arber' with limits then set at roughly $4 ...UK books especially are atrocious for this...

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Not yet...Wait for asian futures to come out. Aussie markets will be where its at today due to the strong dollar and more stable economic conditions than any other country....Buy buy buy
    Hope someone listened here..Market went up 2% on opening...Bought in at 10:01am local and sold out at 10:05am local....Up 36% through call options in 4 minutes

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Would like to see what will happen now that there is no more federal money to be pumped into the economy. Just because the shorts covered their positions late this afternoon it doesn't mean they won't get out of the woods the rest of the week.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Would like to see what will happen now that there is no more federal money to be pumped into the economy. Just because the shorts covered their positions late this afternoon it doesn't mean they won't get out of the woods the rest of the week.
    Pavy make no mistake its 99% psychological atm...Times are changing...Luckily, here we follow the lead of the US close upon opening so things are much more predictable...Last week 3 days have been some of the easiest money for spot traders ever...

SBR_John
    Wisky

I suspect money is going to continue to filter its way into stocks as long as rates are 2% and earnings are decent. They are just a more appealing place to invest as long as those two factors remain.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dow down 366 tomorrow

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by lemart5 View Post
    Dow down 366 tomorrow
    DAX, we need some lines for +- on the Dow tomorrow pal

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Damn I nailed this one. It went down big today.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Yahoo! Inc. (NasdaqGS: YHOO ) Real Time 11.79 Up 0.70 (6.31%) 11:57AM EDT Nice move. This is not a goog or amzn but its not priced the same either. At Yhoo's valuation it deserves a look here. It will not be an AOL because it is a portal. Plus, as we saw when msft tried to buy them, they would fit nicely in with someone especially at the current valuation.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft makes another run at them, Bing has been a bust if you ask me.

Bought some Microsoft today @ 24.25

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

why don't you guys just stick with gold and silver?
    over the last 10 years you have been getting your asses handed to you in the market, with occasional "rallies" that aren't really rallies since the dollar continues its death spiral.

GOLD IS REAL MONEY
    SILVER IS REAL MONEY

EVERY PAPER CURRENCY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD HAS BECOME WORTHLESS, USUALLY AFTER THE PRINTING PRESSES GO CRAZY (SOUND FAMILIAR?)

why place your bet on something that has been proven wrong 100% of the time, thousands of times, instead of something that has been proven right 100% of the time, thousands of times?

instead you waste your time looking at the market, waste your money on commissions/fees/etc, and still don't make any real wealth.

gold at 1700-1800/oz is still cheap compared to paper that isn't backed by anything except the words of a bunch of habitual liars and con men.

First 123 Last