YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Phillies have Giants number

Sweeping them..

This phillies team will be ready for the red sox/rangers in the world series

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

in reality the giants offense is just putrid

take away the ed renteria rising from the dead and cody ross selling his soul to the devil in the playoffs last year and they get smoked then too

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but the Phillies look locked in this year.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

yea, anything can happen in a 5 or 7 game series...phils are definitely the better team with the giants pathetic offense, but their pitching is still pretty damn good and if their bats get hot for a week or two, the phils could be looking at another playoff exit at the hands of sf

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

DO NOT rule OUT Giants.

jeter12171
    yankees
    jeter12171's Avatar Become A Pro!

like phills again tom ride the wave +126

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

giants wont get swept.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Giants look like a joke. Philly pitchers just man-handling this lineup.

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Check it though, not very often does the best team at least recently anyway, end up winning the championship. I'm actually having trouble thinking off the top of my head who the last team was with the best record in mlb, that won the WS that year. All i remember is wildcards and scrappy teams winning. Screw it I'm looking up the past 10 years, I'll post results.

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Ok since 2001, the past decade, the only teams that had the best record in mlb and went on to win the WS were the 2009 Yankees, and the 2007 Red Sox who didn't even have the outright best record, they were tied for the most regular season wins in 07. So the best team has won the WS 20% of the time the past decade. Lol, more wildcard teams have won then teams with the best record recently. Baseball is like that though cause the WC in mlb would be like a 7 or 8 seed in NBA or NHL winning the championship.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-07-11 at 02:34 AM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phillies are a better team than the Giants. They was the better team last year as well. Don't take to much from these games because the postseason playoffs is a whole new game.

Call82
    Can´t wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!

The phillies seem to be so dominant, they hardly lose any back-to-back games...thats what you need in the playoffs...the look solid to enter ws for the nl

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couple weeks ago Giants won the series in Philly. They're just going through a slump. Their pitching is too good to stay down for long.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seriously Giants won't get swept... you're kidding right? They're done, stick a fork in em' , listen when u score a cumulative amount of 3 runs in 3 games, not to mention-for not an 8 run outburst (which was btw the most you've scored in AT&T park) another 3 runs in 2 games, you cannot win games. You think I can't relate?.. I'm a Padres fan.

Phillies +125

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

well all know philly cant get it done in the playoffs..regular season doesnt mean shit

hey buddy
    hey buddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10423

Oswalt looked good in his rehab games so let's see how he does today. Phils struggle against Timmy L but I see them pulling out a low scoring game.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't think i can pick a side in this one, however i do like the
    Padres chances today.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lotsa bad playoff memories from last year.

nobodyukno
    nobodyukno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    well all know philly cant get it done in the playoffs..regular season doesnt mean shit
    Cant get it done? In the past 8 playoff series theyve won 6.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Phillies are a better team than the Giants. They was the better team last year as well. Don't take to much from these games because the postseason playoffs is a whole new game.

i agree that these gms dont mean a whole lot but for anyone to still say phils were "the better team" last season is fukkin ridiculous, disrespect SF all you want but the fact is they won the WS which by definition makes them the best team of last season.

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Big difference this year is giants will not have a hot buster posey going into the playoffs. Or a clutch Renteria. Or a fat Juan Uribe

BallDontLie
    BallDontLie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Its Roy Oswalts first game back from the DL how sharp do you figure he'll be?

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Oswalt might only go 5 -6 innings today - Phillies been hitting well - Might go for the OVER 6.5 today

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyukno View Post
    Cant get it done? In the past 8 playoff series theyve won 6.

yet they have lost 2 of the past 3 playoff series. losers of the world series last time in and nlcs last time.

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Philies choke under pressure

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by solid152 View Post
    Big difference this year is giants will not have a hot buster posey going into the playoffs. Or a clutch Renteria. Or a fat Juan Uribe

no one is trying to say that they the same team or are still the best but anyone claiming philly was the better team last year is ignorant, period. Personally i believe it the nl central winner that phils will have to worry about this year.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    no one is trying to say that they the same team or are still the best but anyone claiming philly was the better team last year is ignorant, period. Personally i believe it the nl central winner that phils will have to worry about this year.
    I think its tough to put a central team ahead of the giants and braves.. they definitely have the bats, but it seems to be a pitchers league... I dont see any of those central teams being able to keep up on the mound... it would be a different story in my mind if wainwright was healthy

philswin

Playoffs are a different season any team making the playoffs has a shot. The teams with the best record in NBA (Chicago), NHL (Vancouver), NFL (New England) did not win. You just have to get into the playoffs and be peaking at the right time, hope for good matchups, and a little bit of luck wont hurt either.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

The giants need to worry about making the playoffs first

Everyone can bash the Phils all they want but this isn't even close to the same giants team as last year

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    The giants need to worry about making the playoffs first

Everyone can bash the Phils all they want but this isn't even close to the same giants team as last year
    And not even close to the same phills team... their bench is great this year along with much better starting pitching, bull pen, and a real right handed bat in the middle of the lineup.

philswin

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    And not even close to the same phills team... their bench is great this year along with much better starting pitching, bull pen, and a real right handed bat in the middle of the lineup.
    Hopefully we will see a Mayberry/Ibanez platoon going forward to further balance the lineup.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    Hopefully we will see a Mayberry/Ibanez platoon going forward to further balance the lineup.
    yea and brown will be back up in September... definitely some nice options

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

yes they do and i saw this coming and didnt jump coin on it , im so pissed now

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

people give the giants zero respect. same way they gave seahawks zero respect against the saints.

but the giants are the defending ws champions who went through the phillies to get there.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    people give the giants zero respect. same way they gave seahawks zero respect against the saints.

but the giants are the defending ws champions who went through the phillies to get there.
    wtf r u talking about?? wtf does the seahawks have to do with the giants?? u should never post again my friend..

123 Last