Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The player most likely to become ridiculously overweight during this NBA lockout.

From Bill Simmons' Q+A.

Q: Who do you think is the player most likely to become ridiculously overweight during this NBA lockout?

Baron Davis (-500): His award to lose.
    Ray Felton (even odds): Some heavy action on him recently after he looked semi-obese at a summer game. He's in a contract year, though — even Baron wouldn't be apathetic enough to show up heavy for a contract year. On the other hand …
    Zach Randolph (+250): Inked a four-year, $63 million extension right before the lockout started. Uh-oh. He was already someone who should have been one-year deals only. He's also packed on pounds before. And he's coming off a career year and a Z-Bo love fest in last spring's playoffs, which is always dangerous. Keep an eye on these odds.
    Brendan Haywood (+400): The best candidate for your token "Overpaid Role Player Who Already Has a Lot of Guaranteed Money Coming and Just Sacrificed to Help a Team Win a Title" spot.
    Mo Williams (+500): Owed $17 million over the next two years when he's worth half that … and he's a Clipper. That's a Molotov cocktail of potential obesity.
    Michael Beasley (+500): I think we've learned over the years never to leave Beas off any list projecting negative/erratic/criminal behavior involving NBA players.
    Jared Dudley (15 to 1): Fits the "carried more weight once upon a time" and "recently signed an extension" categories. Also, teammate Steve Nash had a profound effect on JMZ's eating habits and conditioning these past two years, only the longer the lockout drags on, the longer Nash and JMZ will be apart. I'm concerned. I'd give him better odds but he seems pretty serious on Twitter about becoming J.Lo's rebound boyfriend, so it would be in his best interest to stay in shape.7
    Dwyane Wade (20 to 1): Come on, we had to have one superstar on here, right? Maybe he's eating and partying in South Beach, maybe he's having trouble dealing with the fallout from playing for our most despised American sports team in 20-plus years.… you just never know.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Melo should be the "superstar" on the list. He will 100% come in heavier than last year. I guess Simmons missed where Beasley's getting in shoving matches at Rucker and looks like he's in great shape.

Baron Davis is a good bet. I'd say Big Baby will be pushing 300 if this thing lasts.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Melo should be the "superstar" on the list. He will 100% come in heavier than last year. I guess Simmons missed where Beasley's getting in shoving matches at Rucker and looks like he's in great shape.

Baron Davis is a good bet. I'd say Big Baby will be pushing 300 if this thing lasts.
    I agree. Glen Davis and DeJuan Blair are ones that should be on that list.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

You guy are totally overlooking this darkhorse candidate... Andrew Bynum.

The is so lazy and hungry that he parks in handicap spots @the grocery store.

If he can not walk the extra 20ft to park in a legal parking space. I would love to see him run the extra laps in the gym it will take to keep in shape during the lockout.

Also: If Antoine Walker were still in the league, he would be a lock to comeback out of shape, broke, and divorced due to lack of income.

Bluehorseshoe

Bynum is a good one.

I can see him using that knee injury as an excuse.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Melo is a puss but I'll go with Randolph

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

What's the odds on Tayshaun Prince?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I thought about Bynum but he's already had excuses to get fat being hurt and he's still skinny as fukk. he's a big boy but he could still stand to gain 15-20. far from a fatass.

how about marc gasol? guy got in great shape last year....perfect candidate to let it all go away

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Melo and lebron

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

lebron? common

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

oh and dirk would be a lock regardless of the lockout...cant blame him though

any doubt that guy has smoked pounds of weed since winning the title?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

brian cardinal

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barkley