ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Last time I checked we live in a country run under the laws of the United States Constitution and not under the laws of Capitalism.
    maybe time 4 the people to take back the power....

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    maybe time 4 the people to take back the power....
    I wish....if there was only a way to do so. And in all honesty I think Obama is for the people and the country, however the right side is still only for the rich and that's about it.

Science, technology, environment and infrastructure are all bad words to these clowns.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Why do people say Dems and Republicans are the same? This is just a cop out line for people who don't understand or care about politics in general.

History has shown that under Democratic leadership the country as a whole always gets puts first and benefits while under Republicans only the wealthy few get their demands met just because they have the money to do so. The concepts of Patriotism and nationalism go out the window when these right-wingers hold any sort of power in the government. To them it comes down to greed and individualism even at the expense of the country and nature as a whole. History proves this.

Last time I checked we live in a country run under the laws of the United States Constitution and not under the laws of Capitalism.
    The politicians love suckers like you...

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I wish....if there was only a way to do so. And in all honesty I think Obama is for the people and the country, however the right side is still only for the rich and that's about it.

Science, technology, environment and infrastructure are all bad words to these clowns.
    Good Lord, after that Obama comment I know understand, you're mentally retarded. Obama is the most incompetent, crooked president ever and is hell bent on destroying this country.

Let me guess, you're under 30?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by joesomebody114 View Post
    Cut $1 trillion in spending over the next 10 years!?!?!?! What a joke!!! we spend over $2 trillion!!! We are still going to go deeper in debt over the next 10 years every single year! I hate the people in congress and in our white house soo much I wish I could burn it down and start all over or show our founding fathers what has become of this country.
    I wish that plane the 911 terrorists took over that crashed in Pennsylvania actually got to Washington and flattened the white house, killing everyone in agonizing slow miserable deaths and the rest of the planes that killed all the innocent crashed instead.

ACoochy

10 years ago who actually took Osama Bin Ladens threats to bankrupt America seriously?? That sob may just get his wish...

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Good Lord, after that Obama comment I know understand, you're mentally retarded. Obama is the most incompetent, crooked president ever and is hell bent on destroying this country.

Let me guess, you're under 30?

The fact that you're from Texas makes you OFFICIALLY RETARDED actually.....nice try though hick.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    darn, i was looking forward to being under control of China

If nothing changes from our 'leaders'......give it time buddy

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    No taxes

It's still a free country my friend - .48 gets you a stamp, just mail a donation to the following to solve that

Department of the Treasury
    Internal Revenue Service
    Fresno, CA

They will send you a nice thank you note I hear....something to the effect of:

ENJOYED THIS WELCOME SURPRISE. WHAT DO YOU SAY WE MAKE THIS A PATTERN, SAME TIME NEXT YEAR??

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ron Paul said this back in Feb 2010 Not a fan of him But he is speaking the Truth The collapse of the US dollar

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

you max out your Cred1t Card , but the bank raise your limit = celebration time ?

don't you have to pay the debt ?

Moody's and Fitch will cut the AAA rating for sure .

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

The same games going on have been going on in the WH atleast the past two decades. In that sense, Obama is no different than Bush 1/2, clinton, reagan or carter. Some of you guys act like Mccain would have done better or the next pres. will fix things are in for a bit of a surprise. Same shit different face.

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9895

A deal was reached by the spineless and gutless politicians that only cuts $1 trillion?

rggolds8
    rggolds8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I felt confident they would come to an agreement and knew it would come down to the wire. Truth be known they probably had one for weeks. They love scaring the public into their way of thinking.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    That might work if the US actually MADE stuff now. So the rest of the world buys stuff they go where WE go...to the cheapest place they can find.
    That's actually one of our biggest problems. We just don't make anything anymore.

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

damn more credit line but whom r u kidding we can just print more paper money and create burden on the world

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

All this time to put together a deal that still leaves us with a huge deficit, and these guys get to talk about how they saved us....good grief.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Anyone who thinks there will actually spending cuts, put down your crackpipe and get out a calculator. Do you know what baseline budgeting is??? If you don't there is no hope of you understanding this mess. These so called cuts (that will never happen anyway) pale in comparison to the built in yearly increases in the bloated Federal Budget. The only possible hope of anything good happening in the debt situation would be the freezing of spending at the current levels. But nobody has the guts to do that so this runaway train WILL CRASH and there is nobody that can stop it. It's just a matter of EXACTLY WHEN it will happen.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Article on why the US debt ceiling talks shouldn't have come to this:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2011/08/%...squabble-later

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Means nothing
    Market tumbling

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

voting in few hours , might not pass .

and AAA rating will be cut this month .

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

$2.4 trillion in imaginary cuts over ten years, what a joke. It's an extremely small decrease in future massive increases in government spending.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

the USA will remain in this recession until Obama is removed from office. 538 days or less till Obama is out of office. This whole fiasco just shows how inept this man is. He is no leader.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    the USA will remain in this recession until Obama is removed from office. 538 days or less till Obama is out of office. This whole fiasco just shows how inept this man is. He is no leader.
    Did hannity tell you this?

DwightShrute

Did hannity tell you this?
    common sense and the ability to think for myself did.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    common sense and the ability to think for myself did.
    Common sense will tell you, that we should be in a deep depression right now.

DwightShrute

Common sense will tell you, that we should be in a deep depression right now.
    Don't believe all the scare tactics by the president and the left wing media. For every expert that says what you claim, there is another to dispute that. 800 Billion Stimulus for what? Name some good it did? You can't.

I wonder if the media still gets a tingle running up the side of their legs when they hear Obama speak? Sure seems like certain SBR posters do.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Left wing scare tactics??

Yeah, so all those people hurting because of bush, are lying... Fukking obama..

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    darn, i was looking forward to being under control of China
    I shouldn't respond to a statement this dumb but ...

First of all, the Chinese only hold about 7% of the debt. We hold almost all of it ourselves.

Secondly, if we'd defaulted, they would have been the ones in trouble.

Third, we can end the debt anytime we want. All it takes is a stroke of the president's pen and poof, the debt is legally gone. It's called printing money.

The Chinese live in fear of our decisions, not the other way around. If we don't pay them, their economy collapses. In fact, if we don't keep giving buying what they produce with Treasuries, their economy collapses. And if their economy collapses, their government goes down.

It's amazing how few people are educated enough to know the difference between a normal debt and the debt the US has: a debt denominated in its own currency, a currency it is free to print at will.

DwightShrute

Left wing scare tactics??

Yeah, so all those people hurting because of bush, are lying... Fukking obama..
    I suspect that even you don't believe what you just wrote. I am quite sure you know the Dems controlled both the House and Senate from 2006-2010 so by blaming Bush is simply irresponsible some would say.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerjoe View Post
    If we don't pay them, their economy collapses.
    Hardly .. a Trillion dollar write off is hardly going to collapse the most robust economy in the world right now. They don't only hold debt in America ... ;0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerjoe View Post
    In fact, if we don't keep giving buying what they produce with Treasuries, their economy collapses.
    This is closer to the mark.

lettyB
    lettyB's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Democratic-led Senate is expected to pass the debt ceiling deal. But tougher opposition may come from the House. Liberals opposed it out of fear that social programs would be cut. Conservatives waned even more cuts in the debt deal reached.

lettyB
    lettyB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lawmakers from both sides figured out a package late Sunday night to increase the debt ceiling and avoid a first-time default on countrywide debts. The fight was lengthy and hard fought, and much remains yet to be sorted out after everything has calmed down. Neither party is supposedly satisfied with the bargain. Debt ceiling deal hammered out at 11th hour as Liberals opposed it out of fear that social programs would be cut. Conservatives waned even more cuts in the debt deal reached. While the chance of a default looks far less likely, the future of the nation’s impeccable credit rating is not nearly as certain. Ratings service Standard & Poor’s has threatened to downgrade the rating, and may do so even if a default is averted.

ACoochy

letty who is the broad in ur avatar?? Nice

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Originally Posted by King Mayan No taxes
    It's still a free country my friend - .48 gets you a stamp, just mail a donation to the following to solve that

Department of the Treasury
    Internal Revenue Service
    Fresno, CA

They will send you a nice thank you note I hear..
    People like King Mayan only want taxes raised when its others paying the tax. If the federal government ever levied a tax increase on him, he would fight like hell in opposition.
    Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210
    Why do people say Dems and Republicans are the same? This is just a cop out line for people who don't understand or care about politics in general.

History has shown that under Democratic leadership the country as a whole always gets puts first and benefits while under Republicans only the wealthy few get their demands met just because they have the money to do so. The concepts of Patriotism and nationalism go out the window when these right-wingers hold any sort of power in the government. To them it comes down to greed and individualism even at the expense of the country and nature as a whole. History proves this.

I would fully support living under the laws of the original U.S. constitution as our founding forefathers were wise enough to exclude people like NYSportsGuy from participating in the voting process.

Liberal democrats like him are always whining and complaining that the country is not doing enough for them while at the same time they produce absolutely nothing and have their hands out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week asking for handouts.

Congrats to the republicans and tea party for getting everything they wanted with this debt ceiling fiasco compromise:

$2.8 TRILLION in spending cuts and no tax increases. It would have been better to get $4 TRILLION in cuts but this is a good start.

Thank you Barack Obama for selling out your entire support base and giving the "right" everything they wanted in return for helping your chances of re-election. "Hope and change you can believe in", right Liberals, LOL?

First 123 Last